FourSevens        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

Default Re: Lumintop/TLF/BLF FW3Avn - Most Compact Triple/Quad

Quote Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
    been having trouble with my FW2A ,, i think the switch might be damaged ? im relly not feeling this light , am thinking of just selling it off. cant trust the light
    Stock light??

Today I got my FW3Avn triple W2.1 2,800 lumens, 45Kcd, 425 meters throw. I selected triple instead of quad, because the triples are optimized for full fit in the head. This light is the extreme opposite of Nitecore in the body print department: None.

I think this is the most compact high power single 18650 light.
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

30 second specs of 2800L and 45Kcd... haha!!! Same throw as my quad and still doing great in the lumen department, with the added character of the green gasket. That's too cool Rich! ..and yes, the size and shape of this light are just awesome. I want get one exactly like yours to replace my stock FW3A.

People are amazed at the beam performance from such a small light. Simple yet elegant nice looks, too.

Eight of ten in the Power Mouth Hold department, stock MMU-X3 and EC50vn are not present due to vault guard duty.

-----------------
    Yes, I've been told I have a big mouth.

Thanks again, Rich. I missed it because it was a sticky. I saw Daffy's FW3 thread and then went to older thread pages. 45kcd is more than impressive for a multi-emitter of that head size.

I been looking for a 18650 thrower, tail switch, smaller than 28mm head size, 45+ Kcd. Additional benefits if possibly; longish run-time, lighter weight and short.

I was considering 4 different lights, including your FW3Avn triple W2, the FW4AvnW2, or D25LC2vnW2.1 or the FW1AvnW2.1.

In the end, I decided that the single emitter choice best fit my purposes because throw & run-time were more important than lumens. The D25LC2vnW2.1 does 50Kcd and is only 22.5mm head size! I'm still fascinated by the V54 version of this Eagletac and it's only 1.7oz. It's a little longer at 115mm and a little more expensive due to VN4. There's no specs for the FW1AvnW2.1 yet, but even with the OP reflector I think it will pass 55Kcd. It's also 15mm shorter and less expensive than the D25LC2vn. In any case, I ordered the FW1Avn W2.1 with specs so we'll know pretty soon!

Thanks Rich, Vinh and CPF

I can’t seem to find the FW1avn on sky lumen
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Through discussion, I learned that Vinh just got them in. He's probably just been too busy to put them on his site.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345