Headlamp

mhooper

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

My old Black Diamond Storm died and I need a new light.

LED: neutral tint and high cri would be great. And a red LED.
Lumens: 150 would be sufficient. Run time matters more to me than 1000s of lumens.
Batteries: AAA, AA or 18650. USB charging.
Weight: Not too heavy, but no need for it to be super light either. Comfortable. My old one was 120g with batteries and that seemed pretty light.
Use: mostly around a campsite. I have other flashlights, so this one's used to cook, in the tent, and going for walks. Floody is fine but not so floody that it annoys people around me.

Interface: easy to use, and easy to access red. Nothing worse than needing red in the middle of the night in a tent and getting full lumens.

Thanks!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been crazy about the Manker E03 since getting one a few months ago and it would be a worthy replacement I think.
I love my Storm actually too but it has a lot of negatives compared to many more enthusiast oriented lights to me for sure.

I have never really needed the red and wouldn't miss it at all but the Manker has an interesting sliding plastic diffuser that is simple to use and there is a red one included in the package.
Add to that the 22 levels of Moonlight mode that can be easily set on the fly and this is becoming my go to light for creeping around in the darkness at campsites too.
Mine is a 219B emitter and I have been running it on Eneloops when I can or any AA when that is what I have.
Mine is obviously the HeadBand version and altogether it is a terrific little light!

18ddc2e11e71dbfc0ca1eafefd510fc6.jpg

12d7956eaed629b18cfcd7818e8d1455.jpg

Last edited: