Maxtorch        
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Default Re: FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Haha...sounds good!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyM View Post
    ...I get 8 when towing...
    Well Jim, We know who the lead foot is... I really hope to see you. It has been many years.
    Member# 588

Site #33 has been reserved. The drone video is very nice by the way. Hopefully we can get in that tower for some beamshots!

I reserved shelter "A" which sleeps six--I believe I saw somewhere but now in checking, the website states four... I'm "game" but well past hanging out in a tent overnight--unless there's a medic on hand for the morning! Yikes.

Karl
    Last edited by karlthev; 05-12-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Site #33 has been reserved. The drone video is very nice by the way. Hopefully we can get in that tower for some beamshots!
    Awesome! And that is the perfect spot for your RV. Now with yours there and the others on the other side of our sites, we are kinda enclosed with our own little Flashaholic compound!
    I must have been left in the dark as a child!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    I reserved shelter "A" which sleeps six--I believe I saw somewhere but now in checking, the website states four... I'm "game" but well past hanging out in a tent overnight--unless there's a medic on hand for the morning! Yikes.

Karl
    So should we be concerned if you start shouting... "I see the light, it's drawing me into it..." or will that just be a reaction to one of us turning on our slightly overpowered lights LOL

No concern, most likely a result of some gas is all!

Karl

Flashaholic*

Karl, Are you planning on bringing 475 lbs of pulled pork, and 600 freshly baked buns again, like you did last time. Just sayin... you might want to make sure there is enough this time. LOL

I'm in. I'm sooooo in. The mostest in of my history of ins. I'm so in, I'm almost out!

There will be guitar. There will be chili. There will be much rejoicing, and the releasing of gas to accompany the music.

Karl, if can you do "Home, Home On The Range" in the key of B flatulence, that'd be pretty awesome!
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerboy View Post
    I'm in. I'm sooooo in. The mostest in of my history of ins. I'm so in, I'm almost out!

There will be guitar. There will be chili. There will be much rejoicing, and the releasing of gas to accompany the music.

Karl, if can you do "Home, Home On The Range" in the key of B flatulence, that'd be pretty awesome!
    Great to hear that you will be there, and I'm sure everyone will be looking forward to your chili again! --thanks in advance. So I can keep track of things space wise...will it be just you, in a tent?

All requests will be considered...

Karl

Awesome! I'm in..we're in!

Thanks for the PM, Tim

Karl, don't show up empty handed, like last time...so not cool, NOT COOL!
    Last edited by TranquillityBase; 05-26-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TranquillityBase View Post

Thanks for the PM, Tim

You Sooooo bad!!!

Karl

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the PM, Tim

Awesome! Glad to hear you guys can make it. ...and I know about Karl, right - the guy doesn't bring any food or any flashlights! LOL

Hey, Tim. Yup, just me, and no tent site required as my 160mph tent will be in the parking area. Most likely doing less than 160 unless descended upon by a mob of angry squirrels, or flashaholics once the chili runs out, or Karl for putting extra beans in his.
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerboy View Post
    Hey, Tim. Yup, just me, and no tent site required as my 160mph tent will be in the parking area. Most likely doing less than 160 unless descended upon by a mob of angry squirrels, or flashaholics once the chili runs out, or Karl for putting extra beans in his.
    OK, sounds good

Tim, you did mention the possibility of "some rain", based on past events.....However, I didn't notice any mention of the "Tarp of Life"...Are we going wing it, tarp free, and huddle in Shelter A if things get ugly?

Flashaholic*

Tim, you did mention the possibility of "some rain", based on past events.....However, I didn't notice any mention of the "Tarp of Life"...Are we going wing it, tarp free, and huddle in Shelter A if things get ugly?
    Shelter A just might be the "hot party spot" rain or shine! LOL As for the "Tarp of Life" I don't think we will need it this time. There is a permanent structure - gazebo within the confines of our reserved spots. I have some photos of it, but I've had a hard time trying to post them here in the thread. --Tim

finally, might be able to go; October

• October 9: schools closed for Yom Kippur
    • October 14: schools closed for Columbus Day

still have to ask Heidi. but looks like no conflict. only 95.5 mile local for us. 1hr 40min.
    go Yankees!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by senecaripple View Post
    finally, might be able to go; October

• October 9: schools closed for Yom Kippur
    • October 14: schools closed for Columbus Day

still have to ask Heidi. but looks like no conflict. only 95.5 mile local for us. 1hr 40min.
    Great - hope to see you guys there.

Flashaholic*

For anyone thinking about bringing a pet - I just checked on the Spruce Run website and found this:

QUESTION: Are pets allowed?
    ANSWER: Yes, on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Not in campgrounds or on beach.

Attached is a map of the campground with our four sites marked with stars and the gazebo highlighted. Also attached are two pictures of the gazebo and nearby campsite area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stan671; 06-06-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Stan Dobrowski

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Stan671 View Post
    Attached is a map of the campground with our four sites marked with stars and the gazebo highlighted. Also attached are two pictures of the gazebo and surrounding campsite area.
    Stan - thanks for getting those photos up!! Looks like this will be a great spot everyone - even if there is a little rain. And here again is a link to check out the whole campground/area: Here is a link to Spruce Run: https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksand...ks/spruce.html
    Last edited by KartRacer31; 06-06-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks, Stan! That is a sweet site! Can't wait

Flashaholic*

Don't forget my star on site 38!

Dang, THAT's a gazeebo!!!
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Scout....will you be there? Lemme know!

Karl

Hopefully the algae bloom will dissipate before we get there. I have new speedos i want to wear...
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Hi Karl! FCW is on the calendar. At least a day visit on Saturday as of right now.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Better late than never! That's what I never say. Although I NEVER travel much anymore into the People's Republic of New Jersey, I guess I may take the chance that one, or at least Karl, will be responsible for my personal protection. I might even be able to convince my body guard, Dan the coffee drinker, to come along with me. He will do practically anything for protein.

I'm pondering if ear plugs would work equally well as nose plugs, should I end up down wind of Karl's shelter. I'm also a little sad that the worlds largest tarp has been called home to it's final resting place. But the gazeebo looks almost as sturdy.

If all works out, I'm going to do my best to make it there Friday night and Saturday night. Heck, it can't POSSIBLY rain as much as the last one......can it?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast