Angryfox        
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyM View Post
    Don't forget my star on site 38!
    Don't worry Jimmy you will get a gold star!
    I must have been left in the dark as a child!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Dang, THAT's a gazeebo!!!
    I know, right! I want that in my backyard at home!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Hopefully the algae bloom will dissipate before we get there. I have new speedos i want to wear...
    LOL! Please do so at night, in the dark... at some other location. LOL

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Hi Karl! FCW is on the calendar. At least a day visit on Saturday as of right now.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    ....I'm also a little sad that the worlds largest tarp has been called home to it's final resting place. But the gazeebo looks almost as sturdy.

If all works out, I'm going to do my best to make it there Friday night and Saturday night. Heck, it can't POSSIBLY rain as much as the last one......can it?
    LOL yes almost as sturdy as the Super Tarp... but not quite as large! And now that we have the Grand Gazebo you know that is our insurance that it will not rain a drop this time!

A few important notes:
    --- As of January 16, 2019, the smoking of tobacco and use of electronic smoking (vaping) devices (outside of private vehicles) is prohibited in all State Parks, Forests, Historic Sites, and Recreation Areas including camping areas.
    --- Bears are present in New Jersey. During your stay at the park, all coolers and food related items must be stored in the trunk of your vehicle at all times. Garbage should be promptly removed from your campsite and put in the dumpsters provided.
    --- There is space to park 2 vehicles at each campsite. Additional vehicles are permitted for an additional fee of $5/vehicle/night. Additional vehicles may be required to park in an overflow parking lot nearby.
    --- A confirmed Harmful Algae Bloom (HAB) has been present on Spruce Run Reservoir throughout the 2019 camping season and could impact your stay. Swimming and recreational water sports are not guaranteed while HAB is present.
    --- Alcohol is prohibited.
    --- Only newly purchased kiln-dried, certified bug free prepackaged wood is allowed to be brought into the park. The Ranger Station also sells wood at a reasonable price.
    Stan Dobrowski

I posted in the wrong thread so I guess I should post (and update here). Looking forward to seeing everybody!

- me (carrot) +2

- Allan + 4

- Ziptrickhead?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    I posted in the wrong thread so I guess I should post (and update here). Looking forward to seeing everybody!

- me (carrot) +2

- Allan + 4

- Ziptrickhead?

Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

I reserved site 35 for Wednesday and Thursday...Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan671 View Post
    A few important notes:
    --- As of January 16, 2019, the smoking of tobacco and use of electronic smoking (vaping) devices (outside of private vehicles) is prohibited in all State Parks, Forests, Historic Sites, and Recreation Areas including camping areas.
    --- Bears are present in New Jersey. During your stay at the park, all coolers and food related items must be stored in the trunk of your vehicle at all times. Garbage should be promptly removed from your campsite and put in the dumpsters provided.
    --- There is space to park 2 vehicles at each campsite. Additional vehicles are permitted for an additional fee of $5/vehicle/night. Additional vehicles may be required to park in an overflow parking lot nearby.
    --- A confirmed Harmful Algae Bloom (HAB) has been present on Spruce Run Reservoir throughout the 2019 camping season and could impact your stay. Swimming and recreational water sports are not guaranteed while HAB is present.
    --- Alcohol is prohibited.
    --- Only newly purchased kiln-dried, certified bug free prepackaged wood is allowed to be brought into the park. The Ranger Station also sells wood at a reasonable price.
    So........ I guess I don't need to bring my chainsaw this time?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    So........ I guess I don't need to bring my chainsaw this time?
    Oh, I'm sure there is something fun we can do with it. LOL

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TranquillityBase View Post
    I reserved site 35 for Wednesday and Thursday...Can't wait!
    Cool! Nice way to extend the trip I don't live too far from there, I'll try to stop by and say high one of those nights.

I canít believe I forgot to check in for so long. Iíll come Friday...go home Saturday. Bill W
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

And if we have a clear sky on Saturday night, we can drive over to the NJAA.ORG observatory at Voorhees State Park for their Open House from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm Saturday night.

I have invited a few other friends that will be attending the weekend - some are confirmed and some are still maybes for now.
    Stan Dobrowski

i've been trying to reach out to my former roomie in the coast guard academy, Daniel Burbank, to come do a speech there.

Attachment 10842

Last time i was there was to get some kinks straightened out of a custom made telescope from the estate of one of the scientists from the Manhattan project who lived in mountainside, NJ
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse one View Post
    I canít believe I forgot to check in for so long. Iíll come Friday...go home Saturday. Bill W
    Hi Bill, Great, glad you can make it! --Tim

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Stan671 View Post
    And if we have a clear sky on Saturday night, we can drive over to the NJAA.ORG observatory at Voorhees State Park for their Open House from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm Saturday night.

I have invited a few other friends that will be attending the weekend - some are confirmed and some are still maybes for now.
    Sounds good, thanks Stan

Won't be coming on Friday, I'll try to come Saturday and camp the night.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    Won't be coming on Friday, I'll try to come Saturday and camp the night.
    OK, looking forward to seeing you.

Does anyone know if the little tower in the video is open? Be a great place to set up tripods for beamshots for the big throwers.

Change o' plans. I reserved site #48 from the 4th - 6th!!

Only problem is I won't be arriving until Saturday the 5th.

Change of plans: Doug and I will come for Saturday only....see you there!
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Does anyone know if the little tower in the video is open? Be a great place to set up tripods for beamshots for the big throwers.
    Hi Sandy - I went by Spruce Run this weekend to take a look, and it appears that access to the upper level of that tower is restricted to Park Employees. However, FYI... the bottom level contains very clean bathrooms for public use.

If you are looking for a great area to do long distance beam shots / thrower comparisons, there are an abundance of locations to do so. Right there at the tower there is another structure with a raised front porch area that has unobstructed views clear across the lake with a shoreline of tall trees as a backdrop for the beams to land on. I'm not sure how far it is, but it's pretty far, and should prove to provide a good area for the task.

Additionally, there are a dozen or more great vantage points around the park with clear views across the lake, (some right within our camping area), and some of the vantage points near the beach area have some water towers and cell towers in the distance that should prove to provide great targets for the super thrower lights!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Sully View Post

Awesome - great to have you overnight this time! Bring more lights for sale... you know I'm always good to buy something I don't need, at a price I cant refuse. LOL

And by #48 I actually meant #40.......which has been changed to #59!

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer31 View Post
    Awesome - great to have you overnight this time! Bring more lights for sale... you know I'm always good to buy something I don't need, at a price I cant refuse. LOL
    I got you. I'll still probably end up with more stuff when I leave than what I got there with!

On another note, If anyone has anything from Olight that they were thinking of getting shoot me a note for a price . I can place an order and bring it with me for trip.

Flashaholic*

And by #48 I actually meant #40.......which has been changed to #59!

I got you. I'll still probably end up with more stuff when I leave than what I got there with!
    Great choice on the spot change, that spot will get you closer to the action!

Flashaholic*

Getting closer, getting cooler out, getting ready for FCW/SM/GT#15!!!
    Last edited by KartRacer31; 09-17-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Flashaholic*

I was hoping I could make this trip. But I'm going to have to cancel. Family stuff just pushed into my weekend. Sorry, gents. I really wanted to catch up with you guys. It's been a long time since I ripped the bumper off my truck.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyM View Post
    I was hoping I could make this trip. But I'm going to have to cancel. Family stuff just pushed into my weekend. Sorry, gents. I really wanted to catch up with you guys. It's been a long time since I ripped the bumper off my truck.
    Jimmy - sorry to hear you can't make it. I'll keep you posted for future events. --Tim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast