21st Birthday Ideas...

KingSmono

Enlightened
I'm going to be 21 in a month ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif) and my parents keep telling me to give them ideas of something "special" that I want... Something that I'll keep forever i.e. not something I'll get tired of or will become outdated w/ technology, like a digi cam, or a video game etc. My sister got this really nice diamond necklace for her 21st. I'm not into jewelry that much, and am having a hard time coming up with anything... any ideas??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Allen

I like to go camping, so I was thinking of maybe a really nice coleman camping grill. They have this one that is very compact, can be a grill, stove, or griddle... VERY nice! Plus, I could even use it here at the apartment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's something I'd probably keep for a while right? Anyone ever use anything like this?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm going to have to go with the obvious here, and say flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

maybe something with special engraving? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened
Any particular kind? I was looking at the Surefire Presidential Giftset... but is it any cheaper anywhere else? Seemed kind've expensive!

KingSmono

Enlightened
Oh, and the one reason I didn't mention that is, because they always seem to get smaller and brighter...and in a few years, it might be obsolete!

KingSmono

Enlightened
LOL...good point! Already have the Arc AAA-LE though...see the avatar... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oooo...that leads me to something else though! Maybe a really nice lighter!! Anyone know anything about top of the line lighters??

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
How about a quality little "pouch" of sorts with multiple pockets (various brands available, something from "New Sun" or "Eagle" comes to mind)...that contains a quality little torch, quality multi-tool, etc...a mini survival/bug-out bag that you could use in case of an emergency. It may even save a life someday?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the knife idea is a good one...

maybe a custom sebenza? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
The knife idea is good, but I bet your folks were thinking along the lines of an expensive watch. After buying a diamond necklace for you sister, any normal parent would want to spend a similar amount for your birthday present. Pick out a nice watch, perhaps an automatic of good quality that you would want to wear when dressed up a little. It should last for a lifetime.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
For my 21 years, I had a golden mechanical watch. I always have it in my collection. I think that a mechanical qualitative watch can make one beautiful and durable present. There is a very beautiful model, in particular in the Swiss watchmaker's shop. Zenith Chronomaster, Omega Speedmaster, Breitling. I think that it is necessary indeed to think this important day in the life of a man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
the knife idea is a good one...

maybe a custom sebenza? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...thought I replied to this one, but it's not there! How much would something like this run? Thanks for the ideas guys!

-Allen

B@rt

Flashaholic
I don't know about custom ones, but here is Chris Reeve's site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
sebenza.jpg

Chris Reeve Knives

KingSmono

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif WOW...I didn't realize they were THAT much!!! 350ish for a pocket knife!! Well I guess it's not that shocking considering how much some flashlights go for... That's still nuts though!!

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
I also vote for the Sebenza. Not only a knife, but a work of art. Will last forever and is a thing of technological beauty.

If you want to spend $500+, get the Scott Cook Lochsa...one piece Ti framelock...yum!
OR ask for a Panerai watch...they might get major sticker shock, though!

sloegin

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KingSmono said:
Oooo...that leads me to something else though! Maybe a really nice lighter!! Anyone know anything about top of the line lighters??

[/ QUOTE ]

Caran D' Ache, makes the best lighters in the world, IMO. S.T. Dupont comes in second; Davidoff could arguably fit in here, but they are made by Dupont. Dunhill comes in last place, because they haven't come up with a new design in years.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yea, i would have suggested the lochsa, but if your parents bought it for your 21st birthday, it wouldn't be ready until your 23rd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts