Thrunite TH30, Armytek Wizard pro v3, Olight H2R, Rofis R3 Which better?

Orkhan

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys.
I'm looking rechargeable headlamb. Which of the flashlights do you recommend ? Thank you.

Thrunite TH30
Armytek Wizard pro v3
Olight H2R
Rofis R3

Zak

Enlightened
Having reviewed 3 out of 4 of these, I find the premise of the question invalid. There isn't an objective better here.

The TH30 has the most output. It's not exaggerating its numbers at all. It feels bulky and heavy though, the XHP70.2 does not make a pretty beam, and it has no magnet. There's a choice of color temperature, and most people prefer the neutral, which is around 4500K.

The Wizard Pro is exaggerating its output a little, even when you look up the OTF output buried in the specs page, and there's some inconsistency between samples. The magnet is very strong, and I find the headband design to be the most comfortable and convenient to install/remove of any of this style of light. There's a choice of color temperature, and the warm is a little more popular with enthusiasts, around 3500K.

The H2R does not exaggerate its output, but throttles in about 40 seconds on max. I didn't like it much. There's visible flicker on low, I found the headband uncomfortable, the plastic optic has no glass lens over it like the Wizard does, and it uses a proprietary battery which I hate with the fury of a thousand burning-hot Emisar D4s. There used to be a choice of color temperature, but no longer - it's only offered in 6500-7000K cool white.

The R3, I have not reviewed. I think the swivel head feature would be more awkward than useful for most situations, but on occasion, magnetically attached to a surface, could be really convenient. It has the lowest output of this group, and is the only one that steps down to less than 1000 lumens on a timer rather than using a sensor to step down when it really needs to. I believe it has the most throw in this group. The pocket clip design looks incredibly awkward. There's a choice of color temperature, with most enthusiasts preferring neutral white.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having reviewed 3 out of 4 of these, I find the premise of the question invalid. There isn't an objective better here.

The TH30 has the most output. It's not exaggerating its numbers at all. It feels bulky and heavy though, the XHP70.2 does not make a pretty beam, and it has no magnet. There's a choice of color temperature, and most people prefer the neutral, which is around 4500K.

The Wizard Pro is exaggerating its output a little, even when you look up the OTF output buried in the specs page, and there's some inconsistency between samples. The magnet is very strong, and I find the headband design to be the most comfortable and convenient to install/remove of any of this style of light. There's a choice of color temperature, and the warm is a little more popular with enthusiasts, around 3500K.

The H2R does not exaggerate its output, but throttles in about 40 seconds on max. I didn't like it much. There's visible flicker on low, I found the headband uncomfortable, the plastic optic has no glass lens over it like the Wizard does, and it uses a proprietary battery which I hate with the fury of a thousand burning-hot Emisar D4s. There used to be a choice of color temperature, but no longer - it's only offered in 6500-7000K cool white.

The R3, I have not reviewed. I think the swivel head feature would be more awkward than useful for most situations, but on occasion, magnetically attached to a surface, could be really convenient. It has the lowest output of this group, and is the only one that steps down to less than 1000 lumens on a timer rather than using a sensor to step down when it really needs to. I believe it has the most throw in this group. The pocket clip design looks incredibly awkward. There's a choice of color temperature, with most enthusiasts preferring neutral white.

I have the Rofis R1 and have to wonder how you think the twist head might be awkward at all?
It is not and in fact the Headband that comes with the light is pretty much identical to the Olight band and pretty comfy to me.
Add to that how awkward it can be using a HL as a normal light when needed and the Rofis shines alone in flexibility for me!
Pun Intended for sure!
The clip is not the best feature of the Rofis but it is really not likely to release on its own either.

I also have an Elf and not the Wizard but these are similar and I agree about the clamp on the headband being great but I find the warm too warm for my taste too.

The Olight HL seems decent but nothing about it really compels me over the others unless it is the only one that I have at the time.

The only brand in his list that I do not have an HL in is Thrunite so I can not speak to that.

Zak

Enlightened
The Rofis has a silicone holder the light slides into sideways that doesn't look to have any rigid components, much like Thrunite, Zebralight, and a majority of other players in this market. That's different from the Olight H2R, which has a plastic backing plate with a foam pad on it, a magnet, and a silicone strap that unhooks on one side. It looked comfortable, but didn't feel that way due to hotspots on my forehead.

Perhaps the swivel head isn't awkward, but it looks like it would create a tendency to tilt when the user moves around and have potential to snag on things. I could be wrong; it's the only one of these I haven't used.

I certainly have a favorite of the other three in the Wizard, though Armytek's quality control and customer service have been hit or miss for a while now. My two are modified with LEDs that provide better color quality, and are probably my most-used lights.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rofis has a silicone holder the light slides into sideways that doesn't look to have any rigid components, much like Thrunite, Zebralight, and a majority of other players in this market. That's different from the Olight H2R, which has a plastic backing plate with a foam pad on it, a magnet, and a silicone strap that unhooks on one side. It looked comfortable, but didn't feel that way due to hotspots on my forehead.

Perhaps the swivel head isn't awkward, but it looks like it would create a tendency to tilt when the user moves around and have potential to snag on things. I could be wrong; it's the only one of these I haven't used.

I certainly have a favorite of the other three in the Wizard, though Armytek's quality control and customer service have been hit or miss for a while now. My two are modified with LEDs that provide better color quality, and are probably my most-used lights.

The Rofis is really solid and mine will not swivel on its own at all either just the head or the entire light in the mount.
I was worried that it might before ordering mine but this was an unfounded fear.
I am not sure why you would comment on the performance or usability of the Rofis if you have not used one but this information seems to paint a negative light on that choice while in truth it could not be further from my experience with Rofis in my daily use?

I also really like the Armytek and have had none of the issues that others seem to have had and not needed service so far.
I like mine they way they arrived too and have not modded any of them.

I am using the Olight H1R as a comparison and mine has a simple silicone holder that looks like the Rofis exactly but I realize that the H2R might have a different holder and I apologize for any confusion if this is the case.

Last edited:

el Capitan

Newly Enlightened
I really like the versatility of the Rofis R3, two of them and you've got a flashlight + headlamp redundancy combo for outdoor adventures. What is the beam on it like though? I can't seem to find much info about how floody/spotty etc.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the versatility of the Rofis R3, two of them and you've got a flashlight + headlamp redundancy combo for outdoor adventures. What is the beam on it like though? I can't seem to find much info about how floody/spotty etc.
You are right that there is not much info around about the Rofis lights?

I have the R2 which is the AA version so the R3 may be different?
The R1 has a smooth reflector and a pretty decent throw for it with a really well defined absolutely round hot spot and some good spill to go along with it.
I was happy when I saw this!

I have a feeling that I will end up with the R3 before too long too.

Last edited:

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
I find the H2R to be an excellent close work light. I use my Spark SX5 for anything that needs distance, and I really enjoy the runtime a 26650 gives me.

Latest posts