10440 Flashlights production version Completed.

It's been nearly a year since I've introduced the prototype of this light, and finally the day has come, when I can say it is completed, with sales shortly follow in a few days (Sunday between 5-6pm here and on Flashlight Fanatics Facebook Group). So after months of excitement and keeping this under wraps, it is done. As you will notice, it is quite a bit larger than standard AAA lights. This is due to the design features I wanted to implement, and to have to proper grip on it to operate it by one hand.
Compared to the prototype, only a few things has changed in the production version. One of these changes are, that while I said the exotics are going to be sleeveless, I couldn't miss the opportunity to create something really attractive, which is why I designed this light to be a sleeved design in the first place. So the few exotics that were made, are able to take sleeves of different materials. Besides the standard metals, I will offer exotic wood sleeves as well. I've made a few Mokume lights before that had Brazilian Rosewood sleeve, which is one of the exotic wood that will be offered for this light. One unique feature of this flashlight is, that exotic versions will have a trit sphere encased in the tail switch. I would've loved to do this features for the Titanium and Brass lights as well (Yes, there are a few brass by the way) but trit spheres are not manufactured anymore, and I wanted to do something really special with the ones I've acquired. Due to this exotics will be very limited to only 4 pieces of each versions, except Damasteel Bluetongue which I've made 6 of. Due to the limited number, all the exotics are numbered in a place, which is only visible, when changing batteries. For the Titanium and Brass versions, everything is the same, except the tail button, which instead of having a trit. sphere, can have 5 small trit vials. Both exotic and Ti versions will have slots for 5 more larger, more common size trits on the body. So if you like self luminescent vials, fill these slots, otherwise they don't look bad to be decorative features. It probably goes without saying that a lot of work went into making this light. Due to its design and features I wanted to incorporate, it has 7 machined main body parts. Nearly all of these parts have milled features as well. One of these parts that I'm really proud of is the tail switch. While many custom lights have been using " rubber switce boots " covering the tail switches, I've never completely warmed up to this rubber boots. Having machined tail switches also allowed me to include self luminescent vials and spheres in the tail as well. It took a bit of engineering to create a switch mechanism that matches the quality of the rest of the light, but I think I've done it. Unlike any of my previous lights, this one has a removable pill. I found this to be important for upgradability. Currently there are no off the shelf easily obtainable full featured drivers, that could handle both 10440 Lithium and AAA batteries. There are a few drivers to do this, but not with the custom firmwares we know, and learned to love. I wanted to make sure, that if a driver more advanced is released for this size light, it will be fairly easy to upgrade the pill. This light as well as my others are water-proof to a certain degree. It has 9 o-rings in total from head to tail, making sure, that no dust of water will get inside, if it's tested against the elements. As I've mentioned earlier, this light will not be made anymore. Once they are gone, they really are gone. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Pricing will be announced at the time of the sales.

Few important details of this light:

- Hefty copper pill for the containment the driver and the Led board.
- Nichia 219C 4000K 93 CRI Led ( This can be customized and the light can ship with other available LEds.
- Dual coated Sapphire window protecting the front of the light. (Exotic versions have a second one protecting the trit sphere in the tail)
- Deep reflector for maximum throw in this size)
- FET driver with GuppyDrv firmware for programmability)
- Material matched o-ringed tail switch design.
- Working with 10440 Lithium battery (Specifically designed with Efest 350 mAh flat top in mind)
- All lights will ship with Titanium sleeves finished to your choice, exotic sleeves are to be purchased separetely.
- Lifetime Warranty through multiple owners (not for self inflicted damages, but I'll try to help out, whatever happens to your light)
- Exotic sleeves are made to order (I have a made a few sets to be available)
- Exotic versions are numbered.
- Size 4 inches x 0.700 inches

Versions available at the initial sales:

Brass (will be sold shortly after initial sales) (10 pcs. made)
Titanium : 15 pcs.
Mokuti : 4 pcs. (4 pcs. made)
Mokume :4 pcs. (4 pcs. made)
Zirconium :1 pcs. (4 pcs. made )
Bluetongue Damasteel :4 pcs. (6 pcs. made )

Here are the pictures showing all versions, and some of the possibilities with sleeves:
You can see these and other pictures of this light in my Flickr Album Here:

46937339785_ba9abcba38_b.jpg

46937339665_464d1e1ed3_b.jpg

46937339485_deafa70fdc_b.jpg

47801479592_c5e6ba93f1_b.jpg

47853631911_dda12d9cb3_b.jpg

47853631571_28151f32f5_b.jpg

46937338555_fd9113955e_b.jpg

46937339235_4419d1e2ca_b.jpg

47801480242_ddf64163fe_b.jpg

46937339055_50f3e0171f_b.jpg

47801479752_d08f482ec6_b.jpg

47801479992_d3c3b2e7e6_b.jpg

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Stunning work George!
In today's sea of 18350 lights, it is very unusual to see something different being released.
I have been eyeing this project ever since I got my omicron.
The attention to details is nothing short of amazing.

I hope that the release on Sunday is closer to 5pm (PST) than to 6pm because it will be right when my plane takes off...
Flight Information:
Reserved: DELTA AIR LINES 144
Class: Economy
Seats: 26A
Departs: Seattle Tacoma, WA - SEA
Date: May 19,2019 Time: 5:58 PM
Arrives: Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - AMS
Date: May 20,2019 Time: 1:00 PM

Last edited:

kevinm

Enlightened
Man, those are beautiful! And with only 43, I have no chance; I'll be underground Sunday. :(

forty three lights available for sale then?

Actually, I think what will be released is about 30-35 pcs. Some of the exotics I'll hold back on, and to not go over my head I won't release all Ti's at once. I've made 45 of those, and I'm only releasing 15-20 at this time. There well be an other release, once I caught up on doing the finish work, and all ships out. Half will be released here, half on Flashlight Fanatics.

Stunning work George!
In today's sea of 18350 lights, it is very unusual to see something different being released.
I have been eyeing this project ever since I got my omicron.
The attention to details is nothing short of amazing.

I hope that the release on Sunday is closer to 5pm (PST) than to 6pm because it will be right when my plane takes off...
Flight Information:
Reserved: DELTA AIR LINES 144
Class: Economy
Seats: 26A
Departs: Seattle Tacoma, WA - SEA
Date: May 19,2019 Time: 5:58 PM
Arrives: Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - AMS
Date: May 20,2019 Time: 1:00 PM

Thank you for the kind words, I'm trying to stay as unique as I can in what I do...
If all goes according to plan, you'll still have the chance to purchase this light before your departure. You might be sitting in your seat already, but it would be before takeoff:) Then again, it also depends on you having priority boarding:) I hope to have one of these added in your collection:)