Imalent DX80 Lanyard

clivep

Newly Enlightened
Those of you who own a DX80 will soom realise that the little wire to attach the lanyard to is completely useless. It doesn't take long to start fraying and eating through the aluminium.

The most successful solution I have come up with is 2 lengths of 2mm Kevlar kite string (available on Amazon or eBay) threaded through the holes and made into 2 loops (2 for security)

To get the string into the holes, unscrew the cap of the battery pack. This came undone fairly easily having warmed the torch in the sun and using a cloth to get a better grip.

I used some cloth medical tape (3M Durapore) round the end of the cord to stop it fraying and making it easier to cut, and threaded the 2 pieces through.

I put a small piece of Durapore tape temporarily over the inside of the cord, to enable the cap to push past easily without trapping any of the fibres.

I also put a small blob of Blutack on the end of the battery pack to stop it rattling.

Hopefully that should last a long time and be reliable.

clivep

Newly Enlightened
Oops, I meant 3mm Kevlar cord, which is particularly wear resistant and has a breaking strain of 1200 lbs