Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Zebralight H600F Headlamp replacement lens?

Default Zebralight H600F Headlamp replacement lens?

Where can I buy a replacement glass? Googled till blue in the face!

Default Re: Zebralight H600F Headlamp replacement lens?

Did you try to email Zebralight?
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Yep..

2 older posts here (2014) showed a couple places but links were dead

what size lens is it?
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Donít have a clue to be honest but assume would go by model number and almost positive itís same size for all of them, all the models and versions and they been out for what, 10 years now?? Thought would be simple but guess apparently itís not
    Last edited by cheaperrooter; 05-16-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaperrooter View Post
    Donít have a clue to be honest but assume would go by model number and almost positive itís same size for all of them and they been out for what, 10 years now?? Thought would be simple but guess apparently itís not
    As I don't own one of those headlamps I don't have a clue to the size of glass. There are places that sell flashlight glass and plastic lenses out there perhaps one of them has the right size lens.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    As I don't own one of those headlamps I don't have a clue to the size of glass. There are places that sell flashlight glass and plastic lenses out there perhaps one of them has the right size lens.
    Unfortunately the specs for the flashlight do not give the size of the lens. Can you list a few of these places that do sell them? Thatís exactly what Iím trying to ascertain because when I google only a couple places come up and zebra is not listed. I mean I could measure with a measuring tape but Iím not sure if that would be exact enough especially since the lens will have to be removed and I canít measure it while itís in the flashlight because there is a sealed ring around it. Closest specs come is listing a head diameter.

Thatís why I am assuming places that sell it would go by brand and model???
    Last edited by cheaperrooter; 05-16-2019 at 07:28 PM.

It might be worth reaching out to user Bob_McBob. I know he has disassembled a lot of SC64s and I think at least one headlamp.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaperrooter View Post
    Unfortunately the specs for the flashlight do not give the size of the lens. Can you list a few of these places that do sell them? Thatís exactly what Iím trying to ascertain because when I google only a couple places come up and zebra is not listed. I mean I could measure with a measuring tape but Iím not sure if that would be exact enough especially since the lens will have to be removed and I canít measure it while itís in the flashlight because there is a sealed ring around it. Closest specs come is listing a head diameter.

Thatís why I am assuming places that sell it would go by brand and model???
    I doubt the places that sell lenses will list the size of the lights they fit you can do a web search for flashlight glass lens

I don't have that particular model ... are you able to remove the lens to measure it (and then replace it) ?

If so, I suggest using calipers, which should provide appropriate accuracy.

Once you have the diameter and thickness to the closest ~ 0.1mm, there may be a few places to order the lens, and slight fine-tuning of fitment from there is not too difficult.
    Last edited by archimedes; 05-16-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Ahhhhhh, I think I am starting to understand now! I donít know why but I just naturally assumed that the lens were sold like Auto Parts or Appliance Parts. You put in the model and brand and they pop up a parts list!!! But looks like they are sold by diameter and thickness and sizes.

Unfortunately the lens completely shattered and the only way to get an accurate measurement would be to risk taking a chance of ruining my other two zebra headlamps that are in great shape. I could take a caliper and measure the ridge that the lens sits in but afraid that wonít give me thickness

Zebra wonít sell the part, you need special tools blah blah blah but send it to us and $15 and EIGHT weeks later... not my style! I guess I can use it as an indoor light only or slap a generic diffuser around the end and seal it with silicone. I have two other Zebras for outdoor use. I was looking for a reason to buy the Mark IV anyway .
    Last edited by cheaperrooter; 05-16-2019 at 09:30 PM.

If you can get it apart you could probably measure what diameter would fit properly and start from there then all you would have to determine is the thickness that would work. It may require some sort of glue and/or a new oring perhaps as I've not had one apart to know the mechanism that holds lenses in place. If you are going to buy another headlamp then when it arrives you can go ahead and spend the $15 and 8 weeks in the future you will have the headlamp back.