Zebralight H600F Headlamp replacement lens?

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
Don't have a clue to be honest but assume would go by model number and almost positive it's same size for all of them, all the models and versions and they been out for what, 10 years now?? Thought would be simple but guess apparently it's not :(

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Don't have a clue to be honest but assume would go by model number and almost positive it's same size for all of them and they been out for what, 10 years now?? Thought would be simple but guess apparently it's not :(

As I don't own one of those headlamps I don't have a clue to the size of glass. There are places that sell flashlight glass and plastic lenses out there perhaps one of them has the right size lens.

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
As I don't own one of those headlamps I don't have a clue to the size of glass. There are places that sell flashlight glass and plastic lenses out there perhaps one of them has the right size lens.

Unfortunately the specs for the flashlight do not give the size of the lens. Can you list a few of these places that do sell them? That's exactly what I'm trying to ascertain because when I google only a couple places come up and zebra is not listed. I mean I could measure with a measuring tape but I'm not sure if that would be exact enough especially since the lens will have to be removed and I can't measure it while it's in the flashlight because there is a sealed ring around it. Closest specs come is listing a head diameter.

That's why I am assuming places that sell it would go by brand and model???

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be worth reaching out to user Bob_McBob. I know he has disassembled a lot of SC64s and I think at least one headlamp.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Unfortunately the specs for the flashlight do not give the size of the lens. Can you list a few of these places that do sell them? That's exactly what I'm trying to ascertain because when I google only a couple places come up and zebra is not listed. I mean I could measure with a measuring tape but I'm not sure if that would be exact enough especially since the lens will have to be removed and I can't measure it while it's in the flashlight because there is a sealed ring around it. Closest specs come is listing a head diameter.

That's why I am assuming places that sell it would go by brand and model???

I doubt the places that sell lenses will list the size of the lights they fit you can do a web search for flashlight glass lens

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't have that particular model ... are you able to remove the lens to measure it (and then replace it) ?

If so, I suggest using calipers, which should provide appropriate accuracy.

Once you have the diameter and thickness to the closest ~ 0.1mm, there may be a few places to order the lens, and slight fine-tuning of fitment from there is not too difficult.

Last edited:

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
Ahhhhhh, I think I am starting to understand now! I don't know why but I just naturally assumed that the lens were sold like Auto Parts or Appliance Parts. You put in the model and brand and they pop up a parts list!!! But looks like they are sold by diameter and thickness and sizes.

Unfortunately the lens completely shattered and the only way to get an accurate measurement would be to risk taking a chance of ruining my other two zebra headlamps that are in great shape. I could take a caliper and measure the ridge that the lens sits in but afraid that won't give me thickness

Zebra won't sell the part, you need special tools blah blah blah but send it to us and $15 and EIGHT weeks later... not my style! I guess I can use it as an indoor light only or slap a generic diffuser around the end and seal it with silicone. I have two other Zebras for outdoor use. I was looking for a reason to buy the Mark IV anyway :).

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you can get it apart you could probably measure what diameter would fit properly and start from there then all you would have to determine is the thickness that would work. It may require some sort of glue and/or a new oring perhaps as I've not had one apart to know the mechanism that holds lenses in place. If you are going to buy another headlamp then when it arrives you can go ahead and spend the $15 and 8 weeks in the future you will have the headlamp back.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email zebralight and ask nicely.
They don't want you replacing the lens because it's pressed in precisely, and you're likely to press in the bezel unevenly if you don't make a jig or tap and squeeze Just so.
If they know that you know what you're up against, they'll sell or give you one or two, but they want you to send it in so the lens can be installed correctly.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
what would they charge to replace the lens? it may not even worth doing.

it is easy to measure once the bezel out, and have a piece of broken glass, all you need is a caliper, getting one may be tough, flashlight lens .com sells lenses, but not even them may not have exact size.

Calina

Enlightened
Could
Zebra Lights
send you a new head ? It shouldn't be much more expensive than the lens and repair time and it would be muh faster to do it that way than sending the part back and forth.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Zebralight doesn't have separate heads like regular flashlights. It's a unibody construction.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not crystal clear about it, but I seem to recall that spare tail caps were 3 or 4$, they were substitutions on the order form, look at the price of a pocket clip, I think that was the substitution.
Lens may be the same, I don't know.

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
My solution with pics. I bought a generic plastic diffuser lens on Amazon. 3 pack for $10. I then took a pair of wire snips and cut out a new lens. If I wanted to go the extra mile I could sand it to a perfect fit and install the outer stainless steel ring. Which was my original intention.

But after placing the lens inside of the head it was such a perfect fit I can't get it out now without sticking in a small screwdriver and prying it out and since it's pressed tightly against the O-ring I just don't see the purpose to go any further.

But if after time for some reason it works its way out I can always do that later :) Pics to follow this shortly.

Last edited:

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
I guess Imgur is not working right now because I have made 4 Posts but they're not showing up anywhere so suffice to say what I wrote should be sufficient. If for any reason someone needs me to go the next step and post pictures I will but for now it is what it is :)

It would sure be VERY nice if this website could get a little more modern and allow us to post pictures directly from our photo library as that is a given with almost every site that I can think of. This link stuff is frustrating!!!