Hello, there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobydog

Newly Enlightened
Good afternoon. I just registered - I've browsed this forum for some time, but I needed to pass the "rite of initiation"... purchasing an Arclight!! At the moment, I am the proud owner of an AAA arclight, an AA arclight, as well as an Infinity, an Infinity Ultra, a 3-AA Longlight, and some other off-brand LED lights. I look forward to the forums!!

srue

Newly Enlightened
Congrats, and welcome to the CPF. Say goodbye to your pocketbook, not that it ever really did anything for you.

kaseri

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF and here are some words of wisdom. Keep working overtime and be prepared for a wallet that empties quickly.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome Hobydog!

It's a great buncha people, they will help you spend your money every day of the week! (Do you see a common theme to these salutations?)

daloosh

B@rt

Flashaholic
welcome.gif

Have fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rodmeister

Enlightened
Ignore the posts on this thread warning you about your money and wallet. It is possible to be an ARC fan without constantly spending money.

I can't prove it, but I have on good authority that someone once bought an ARC flashlight and never bought another or accessories. Like I said, I can't document it, but it must be true. Please let it be true.....I can't go on like this.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Hobydog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
[ QUOTE ]
rodmeister said:
Ignore the posts on this thread warning you about your money and wallet. It is possible to be an ARC fan without constantly spending money.

I can't prove it, but I have on good authority that someone once bought an ARC flashlight and never bought another or accessories. Like I said, I can't document it, but it must be true. Please let it be true. I can't go on like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gifThere is no documentation. It's a myth. A rumor started from one of the spouses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Don't believe Mut, welcome to CPF & hold on to your wallet!

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
[ QUOTE ]
rodmeister said:

I can't prove it, but I have on good authority that someone once bought an ARC flashlight and never bought another or accessories. Like I said, I can't document it, but it must be true. Please let it be true.....I can't go on like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure there is documentation... somewhere. All we have to do is keep cross-referencing Peter's customer files with the obituary notices world-wide. Somewhere, eventually, we'll find a match!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Cyclops942 said:
[ QUOTE ]
rodmeister said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure there is documentation... somewhere. All we have to do is keep cross-referencing Peter's customer files with the obituary notices world-wide. Somewhere, eventually, we'll find a match!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ROTFLMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
Welcome- Good choice buying a Arc! Of course I'm a tad biased but then we all are!

You can be a member and not empty your wallet. That said I don't believe you will one of those few. You bought a AAA and a AA at the same time - and you already have a CMG. Trends like those don't bode well for you. Take it from a member that has invested thousands of $$$ in Personal Illumination Tools (PITs).

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF!
I went an entire four months with just an Arc AA. Life was good until I wanted a single cell light that put out red light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Figured the Arc AAA in red would be brighter than the CMG Infinity Task Light w/red LED. Now I have two and the disease spreads.
When the AAAs become available again, I need one for me, another for my wife, two for friends that are retiring and another for a friend. The great thing about Arc AAAs for gifts, they will use them for the rest of their life (or until you buy them a 2020 Arc wazoo AAA)
Enjoy your time here, it is a great bunch of folks but once your flashlight collection hits a dozen... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Hello and welcome...
I first started out here trying to justify my purchases for use on duty as work related...We flashaholics have a way of trying to rationalize each purchase.
I quickly realized that I was buying many just due to the cool factor and now have many more than I can ever use.
Oh well,just enjoy the ride as the longer you are here the more you will learn and also spend.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Do you own 1 screwdriver? I didn't think so...many flashlights for many different reasons! Lots of reading here will indeed render some valuable information that will hopefully result in some wise purchases for you.

Nothing like the right tool for the right job! Welcome aboard!

OZ

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the Wonderful World of CPF!
I, also being a "newbie" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif have a new mantra after I joined
CPF which is........OH my aching wallet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
Life is over as you know it. Welcome to the CPF

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Lebkuecher...
Well said.

Hi Hobydog...
Welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

And may God have mercy on your soul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
(You`ll soon understand what I`m talking about....) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Welcome Hobydog, is dog your hobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Arcflashlights are great lights, and like the other said, forget your money into your wallet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy and buy some of these:
arcflash.jpg

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Hey, & Hello Hobydog! Within three days of joining the CPF I realized that I absolutely had to have an Arc AAA. A good EDC is perfectly justifiable because it's a personal safety device. There's no turning back.

Status
Not open for further replies.