• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 pro seeker LE inside car temperature

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I just got this light and have a few questions. I installed the "magic patch" in my center console gun locker. I live in CT and our hottest days are in the 90s, coldest in the teens. On average between 35 and 85. I don't know what the inside car temp is, but will the light have issues in these extremes or the battery? Also, is leaving the light plugged in all the time in the vehicle safe for the battery (regulated) or is it better to use the charger in the case that the light dies on the go but primarily charge indoors? New to olight, I've been a streamlight guy for years. I know those lights will take any abuse. Is there anything else I need to know about the light? Thanks!

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
does this area get any sunlight? Question probably suited in the general section.

You shouldn't have a problem with it, dont install it in direct sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
No direct sunlight. It's literally a steel safe that fits directly into the center console and the arm rest covers it.

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
I would think you're more likely to run down your car battery than damaging the light. ?
I was more so concerned with the heat. I've never been one to leave electronics in a vehicle besides the ones the vehicle comes with of course.