Help troubleshoot a dead flashlight

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inhave a nitecore EC-11. I have a voltmeter. What are some troubleshooting steps Incan do to determine where the fault is? As part of modding my a light as my first project, there would be no better sense of accomplishment than to get your own like working again.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is picky with batteries. Given your knowledge it would seem you already know this, but even einstein had trouble with basic math: try different batteries

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is picky with batteries. Given your knowledge it would seem you already know this, but even einstein had trouble with basic math: try different batteries
lol. Yeah, I tried different batteries. I'm thinking a continuity test to see if power is flowing from tailcap to emitter to see if electricity is flowing?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Firs thing I do to troubleshoot a light is remove the tailcap and make the connection from the battery bottom terminal to the side of the battery tube. If it lights up you have a problem in the tailcap or tube to tailcap connection. If it doesn't light up then if possible remove the head from the tube and see if you can set up a way to connect wires to a battery and touch them to the head where the voltage should flow and see if the head lights up. Direct connection to the bottom of the circuit board will bypass all problems other than the board and emitter and maybe battery top spring (if there is one).