Received M2R Warrior

Norseman

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have this light that could answer a couple questions?

I think I have a couple problems.

First one: does the side button have the battery charge indicator like other Olights? Like my S1R Baton II when you press the side button it turns green unless the charge falls below 60%, then it turns yellow. At 10% or less it turns red. It's not illuminated at all on my new M2R.

The second one: according to the website the Lumen modes should be 1 > 15 > 60 > 250 > 700 > 1500

If I press and hold the side button I get the 1 lumen. Then if I keep holding in the side button, it will cycle through 15 > 60 > 250 > 700. Then I would think if I double tap that side button it should go to 1500. However nothing happens. It just stays on 700. And when I press the tail click, it is no brighter than 700.

So I think the turbo mode is non existent and there's no battery level indicator.

Could someone confirm if theirs is like mine or if theirs is as I expected mine SHOULD be?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alitd

Newly Enlightened
1. No, indicator glows red when low.

2. IIRC turbo only from rear button tactical. Safety feature?

Yours, is like mine.

Norseman

Newly Enlightened
1. No, indicator glows red when low.

2. IIRC turbo only from rear button tactical. Safety feature?

Yours, is like mine.

Ok thanks for the confirmation!

Since making my post I found a questions and answers section on Olight's site and read through the user manual, and now I think I have it all figured out. I think the side button ONLY illuminates red at 10% battery (not green and yellow like my S1R Baton II). And in order to get the 1500 lumens, the light has to be in Enhanced Tactical mode which means a full press will engage the strobe. I wasn't using that and was only seeing a slight increase from 700 lumens. So I was thinking "there's no way this thing is 1500 lumens. So everything appears to be working just fine LOL

Scourie

Enlightened
I've got the M2R and it's got a great flashlight but.... I'd like to see the UI changed slightly. When using the momentary tail switch I'd prefer the flashlight return to previous state. For example, if you had it on a low lumens from the side switch a press on the tail switch would boost the output but release the tail and it would return to the low mode. Mine will turn the flashlight off when tail released. I have contacted Olight and suggested that, and they acknowledged the email.

Norseman

Newly Enlightened
I've got the M2R and it's got a great flashlight but.... I'd like to see the UI changed slightly. When using the momentary tail switch I'd prefer the flashlight return to previous state. For example, if you had it on a low lumens from the side switch a press on the tail switch would boost the output but release the tail and it would return to the low mode. Mine will turn the flashlight off when tail released. I have contacted Olight and suggested that, and they acknowledged the email.

Yes I know exactly what you mean and completely agree. And IMHO if I had the light on a lower lumen and pressed the tail and boost it to 1000 or 1500 and let go, go back to the lower lumen. BUT ...if the light was off completely and I press the tail, when I release it, go back to off completely. (Maybe that's what you mean? But either way we agree.)