What’s similar to the Thrunite Catapult V6 but throws much farther?

busseguy

Enlightened
I have the Thrunite Catapult V6 now but am not super happy with it.

I am looking for a similar sized single 26650 light that throws much farther with a brighter hotspot but less spill.

i would prefer a light with rear clicky switch with momentary on but that's not a must have.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I forgot to add a couple things. I only want something with low, medium, and high/Turbo. No interest in strobes or SOS.

Also it must start on high/turbo.

Last edited:

Scourie

Enlightened
Difficult to say for sure, but as both are rated around 1700 lumens the V54's more concentrated beam would imply less spill.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
More throw than a V6 in a similar size and format? Probably difficult to find without going the modded route, but according to this video the Astrolux FT03 does throw farther with less spill. Though I have a feeling you're looking for something with very little spill. The FT03 uses NarsilM firmware so though from the factory you get the ramping UI, you can change it to stepped mode and change the order to go from high to low. Turbo can be accessed through a shortcut.

Go to 4:07 for the comparison between V6 and FT03.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, you're confusing output for candela. A light with higher lux will always have a more intense (brighter) looking hotspot compared to a light with less lux but more output. The hotspot of the Delta will be smaller than the V6, but the hotspot itself will appear brighter. The major difference is that you'll get much less corona around the hotspot. The higher lumen output of the V6 is for the most part all within the corona of its hotspot by comparison.

V6 is a hard light to beat. No other light in its size really has the combination of throw and output. Thrunite did a great job optimizing the reflector for the XHP35 HI. The Delta is based off of the Manker U21, and that light is compact, and throws especially well with the Osram Black Flat in it. It will be larger than the V6, but still very jacket pocketable.

busseguy

Enlightened
No, you're confusing output for candela. A light with higher lux will always have a more intense (brighter) looking hotspot compared to a light with less lux but more output. The hotspot of the Delta will be smaller than the V6, but the hotspot itself will appear brighter. The major difference is that you'll get much less corona around the hotspot. The higher lumen output of the V6 is for the most part all within the corona of its hotspot by comparison.

V6 is a hard light to beat. No other light in its size really has the combination of throw and output. Thrunite did a great job optimizing the reflector for the XHP35 HI. The Delta is based off of the Manker U21, and that light is compact, and throws especially well with the Osram Black Flat in it. It will be larger than the V6, but still very jacket pocketable.

Thank you for the info.