Malkoff        

Thread: KLARUS OFFICIAL DECLARATION

Default KLARUS OFFICIAL DECLARATION

Sorry if any confusion about last declaration, below is new clarify declaration, thanks for your attention!

Last edited by klight; 05-24-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Default Re: KLARUS OFFICIAL DECLARATION

Are you saying the products might be counterfeit (and therefore obviously not covered by your warranty), or you're going to refuse to honor your warranty on genuine Klarus products because you don't like where someone bought them?
    Ceilingbounce - flashlight testing and runtime graphs for Android

THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

blaim the users then ? its your responsibility to who you sell, not put this on customers.. .how is this good business practice u doing ? Why should a geniuine Klarus light if bought on banggood or gearbest etc be denied any warranty service if needed? unless its a fake clone or something i dont understand...

also u forgot to write what are the genuine sites to buy klarus lights from ? very much confusion in your post that doesnt make alot of sense..

Quote Originally Posted by klight View Post
    Would you please be so kind and tell me what dealers are authorised European Klarus sellers?

Flashaholic*

Two potential reasons:

There is a big problem in China with contracted (outsourced) factories and employees producing extra and selling those through improper channels. The company owner doesn’t get paid it is reasonable they wouldn’t want to warranty the merchandise. It’s not necessarily fake (but may not meet standards, could be QC rejects, etc) but it isn’t officially “real” either.

Also sometimes companies try to price things differently in different markets. The merchandise intended for the Chinese market may have lower margin than what is intended for say the US market. These items are considered “grey market” goods. The cost of providing warranty service in the US is likely higher, so here too may be a valid reason. (Of course collecting higher profits could be the reason as well).
    I spend my days in the light thinking about flashlights in the dark

Sounds like there is vagueness on all sides here... So are they actually counterfeit? Sort of, kind of?

I have wondered why I see popular brand lights on sites like that for super low prices. Oh well.

I remember going through this with camera equipment back in the 90’s. The reputable dealers would sell warranted items with the full backing of the manufacturer or for a few hundred less, you can buy grey market items with no warranty where you buy it. They would exchange it with a certain time period and they would tell you exactly what to expect
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

I could see how production workers could "fudge" a little and get products pulled for QC reasons only to pick them up at the end of the day and sell them themselves after maybe piecing together good ones... but Klarus doesn't make it possible to buy their products directly from their website so we always have to go elsewhere to find them. I like their lights but if they're not going to make it possible for me to support them directly then I'm not going to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    Two potential reasons:

There is a big problem in China with contracted (outsourced) factories and employees producing extra and selling those through improper channels. The company owner doesn’t get paid it is reasonable they wouldn’t want to warranty the merchandise. It’s not necessarily fake (but may not meet standards, could be QC rejects, etc) but it isn’t officially “real” either.

Also sometimes companies try to price things differently in different markets. The merchandise intended for the Chinese market may have lower margin than what is intended for say the US market. These items are considered “grey market” goods. The cost of providing warranty service in the US is likely higher, so here too may be a valid reason. (Of course collecting higher profits could be the reason as well).
    I think this still remains a business management issue. There needs to be sufficient controls in place to prevent or limit internal fraud or leakage.

Flashaholic*

fair point -- they need to control their supply chain
    I spend my days in the light thinking about flashlights in the dark