• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

KLARUS OFFICIAL DECLARATION

klight

Enlightened

Sorry if any confusion about last declaration, below is new clarify declaration, thanks for your attention!

nex69y.jpg

Last edited:

Zak

Enlightened
Are you saying the products might be counterfeit (and therefore obviously not covered by your warranty), or you're going to refuse to honor your warranty on genuine Klarus products because you don't like where someone bought them?

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
blaim the users then ? its your responsibility to who you sell, not put this on customers.. .how is this good business practice u doing ? Why should a geniuine Klarus light if bought on banggood or gearbest etc be denied any warranty service if needed? unless its a fake clone or something i dont understand...:shakehead

also u forgot to write what are the genuine sites to buy klarus lights from ? very much confusion in your post that doesnt make alot of sense..

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two potential reasons:

There is a big problem in China with contracted (outsourced) factories and employees producing extra and selling those through improper channels. The company owner doesn't get paid it is reasonable they wouldn't want to warranty the merchandise. It's not necessarily fake (but may not meet standards, could be QC rejects, etc) but it isn't officially "real" either.

Also sometimes companies try to price things differently in different markets. The merchandise intended for the Chinese market may have lower margin than what is intended for say the US market. These items are considered "grey market" goods. The cost of providing warranty service in the US is likely higher, so here too may be a valid reason. (Of course collecting higher profits could be the reason as well).

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like there is vagueness on all sides here... So are they actually counterfeit? Sort of, kind of?

I have wondered why I see popular brand lights on sites like that for super low prices. Oh well.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember going through this with camera equipment back in the 90's. The reputable dealers would sell warranted items with the full backing of the manufacturer or for a few hundred less, you can buy grey market items with no warranty where you buy it. They would exchange it with a certain time period and they would tell you exactly what to expect

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could see how production workers could "fudge" a little and get products pulled for QC reasons only to pick them up at the end of the day and sell them themselves after maybe piecing together good ones... but Klarus doesn't make it possible to buy their products directly from their website so we always have to go elsewhere to find them. I like their lights but if they're not going to make it possible for me to support them directly then I'm not going to worry about it.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Two potential reasons:

There is a big problem in China with contracted (outsourced) factories and employees producing extra and selling those through improper channels. The company owner doesn't get paid it is reasonable they wouldn't want to warranty the merchandise. It's not necessarily fake (but may not meet standards, could be QC rejects, etc) but it isn't officially "real" either.

Also sometimes companies try to price things differently in different markets. The merchandise intended for the Chinese market may have lower margin than what is intended for say the US market. These items are considered "grey market" goods. The cost of providing warranty service in the US is likely higher, so here too may be a valid reason. (Of course collecting higher profits could be the reason as well).

I think this still remains a business management issue. There needs to be sufficient controls in place to prevent or limit internal fraud or leakage.