Prometheus        

Thread: New Fenix LR40R Rechargeable Flashlight With an AMAZING 12,000-Lumen

Exclamation New Fenix LR40R Rechargeable Flashlight With an AMAZING 12,000-Lumen

Fenix Has Now Reached the 12,000-Lumen Mark With the New LR40R Rechargeable LED Flashlight

Smaller and Brighter to Deliver Lighting to Unimaginable Distances
    Fenix LR40R LED Flashlight

The LR40R utilizes 1*Cree XP-L HI LED & 18 Cree XP-G3 LEDs

The powerful Fenix LR40R has been designed for your outdoor adventures and extreme environments. Whether you choose it as a backup light for your automobile, caving, or for search and rescue, the LR40R will not let you down. The LR40R combines a spot- and floodlight feature to maximize modes.

The new Type C USB charging port allows for fast charging, which is extremely important when you are in conditions requiring uninterrupted lighting. With two power options (built-in rechargeable battery pack or the use of four rechargeable 18650 batteries), your light will perform flawlessly.

The Fenix LR40R has taken Fenix to the next level in producing the brightest LED flashlight on the market.

ORDER NOW
    Last edited by fenix store; 09-16-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Default Re: New Fenix LR40R Rechargeable Flashlight With an AMAZING 12,000-Lumen

Added to the database

Is there any reason why Fenix isn't saying what LEDs they use now? This appears to be using an XP-L HI and a bunch of XP-G3. Very unusual for a company as good as Fenix or a light as expensive as the LR40R.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    41 brands, 2124 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Default Re: New Fenix LR40R Rechargeable Flashlight With an AMAZING 12,000-Lumen

Fenix didn't supply the CREE models on the images this time. We know they are CREE LEDs but no specifics right now. We have sent a request to a Fenix engineer for further specs and will post the answer when we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by parametrek View Post
    Added to the database

Is there any reason why Fenix isn't saying what LEDs they use now? This appears to be using an XP-L HI and a bunch of XP-G3. Very unusual for a company as good as Fenix or a light as expensive as the LR40R.

The LR40R utilizes 1*Cree XP-L HI LED & 18 Cree XP-G3 LEDs

Flashaholic*

12,000 lumens for how long? 1 min?

The step-down always depends on several factors. For safety purposes, if the light reaches a certain temperature, the light will step down. So depending on the environment where you are working (temperature), you will find the step down. As with these very high output levels, you wouldn't want to operate your light at those levels until truly needed. Using a level that matches your needs saves battery light as well as the opportunity for heat up. Does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by magnum70383 View Post
    12,000 lumens for how long? 1 min?

approximate due date?

UPS is showing a delivery of today, Monday, 6/24. So our first orders should ship either 6/24 or 6/25, depending on how late the incoming delivery is made. Our second incoming shipment should arrive the week of 7/1. We expect all pre-orders to be filled with the shipment arriving 6/24. That is assuming Fenix shipped us all we ordered.

Unenlightened

I just purchase this light myself. WOW does it throw a lot of light. I'm currently in the process of reviewing it.

This flashlight is amazing. I just purchased it a few days ago. However, it seems that the SOS mode has been programmed incorrectly. I compared it to other torches that I have.. Now I am wondering if this is a general problem or only my light does not work as it should.
    Did any of the owners notice the same?

Quote Originally Posted by sewi View Post
    seems that the SOS mode has been programmed incorrectly...Now I am wondering if this is a general problem...Did any of the owners notice the same?
    It would be helpful if you could explain the problem.

Sure. I recorded a video today. This is clearly different signal sequence than in my TK61.
    https://youtu.be/bubwLrZXeEQ

We sent your video and question to the Fenix engineers. We will let you know what they say.

Sure. I recorded a video today. This is clearly different signal sequence than in my TK61.
    https://youtu.be/bubwLrZXeEQ

Fenix has responded to your comment and video. Here is the message:

Yes, we’ve also received some similar feedback from the local customers here and our engineers will get it fixed in the next batch.

If the customer prefers to replace with a new one, we can arrange it in the next batch when they are available.

So please be in touch with your seller to stay abreast of when the seller gets the next batch. If we can find out the next production run, we will post it here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This flashlight is amazing. I just purchased it a few days ago. However, it seems that the SOS mode has been programmed incorrectly. I compared it to other torches that I have.. Now I am wondering if this is a general problem or only my light does not work as it should.
    Did any of the owners notice the same?

Thank you for quick response.
    I am impressed that fenix's engineers are involved in such questions. Amazing support.

I will contact the seller and I am going to replace it when available.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    Fenix has responded to your comment and video. Here is the message:

Yes, we’ve also received some similar feedback from the local customers here and our engineers will get it fixed in the next batch.

If the customer prefers to replace with a new one, we can arrange it in the next batch when they are available.

So please be in touch with your seller to stay abreast of when the seller gets the next batch. If we can find out the next production run, we will post it here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Either moderate output very-narrow thrower or wall-of-light mega-flooder.
    High flood lumens look good markeing wise.
    High throw distance looks good as well.

But combining 2 very specialized lights some manufacturers try to make their lights more general-purpose. That doesn't seem to be the case here, both lights seem to be out of the general-purpose throwiness range.
    Overall - I haven't seen this light in person. I'd like to because maybe I'm wrong and I'd like to be proven wrong. But I don't think this is a good general-purpose light.

is the flashlight yet chargable via usb-c?
    I had 2 from probably the first batch, which was not chargeable by any usb-c charger.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHo View Post
    is the flashlight yet chargable via usb-c?
    I had 2 from probably the first batch, which was not chargeable by any usb-c charger.
    Hello! The LR40R uses a Micro USB port for charging, not a Type C USB.

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    Hello! The LR40R uses a Micro USB port for charging, not a Type C USB.
    As far as I remember there was a USB Type-C port. Please correct me, if I am wrong..

Btw, any news about next production run with corrected SOS mode?

Yes, the LR40R uses USB-C for charging.

The cable they show is standard USB to usb-c. I'm assuming though that means it can use an actual full usb-c charging setup with higher voltage/wattage?

As far as I remember there was a USB Type-C port. Please correct me, if I am wrong..

Btw, any news about next production run with corrected SOS mode?
    My apologies, I should have been more clear. The LR40R has a Type C USB port built into the rechargeable battery pack that you'll need the included Type C USB cable for. The other end of that USB cable is a standard USB that plugs into a wall adapter or other standard USB type devices for charging.