New Fenix LR40R Rechargeable Flashlight With an AMAZING 12,000-Lumen

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix Has Now Reached the 12,000-Lumen Mark With the New LR40R Rechargeable LED Flashlight

Smaller and Brighter to Deliver Lighting to Unimaginable Distances
Fenix LR40R LED Flashlight

The LR40R utilizes 1*Cree XP-L HI LED & 18 Cree XP-G3 LEDs

The powerful Fenix LR40R has been designed for your outdoor adventures and extreme environments. Whether you choose it as a backup light for your automobile, caving, or for search and rescue, the LR40R will not let you down. The LR40R combines a spot- and floodlight feature to maximize modes.

The new Type C USB charging port allows for fast charging, which is extremely important when you are in conditions requiring uninterrupted lighting. With two power options (built-in rechargeable battery pack or the use of four rechargeable 18650 batteries), your light will perform flawlessly.

The Fenix LR40R has taken Fenix to the next level in producing the brightest LED flashlight on the market.

201952916172182143.jpg

ORDER NOW

Last edited:

parametrek

Enlightened
Added to the database :)

Is there any reason why Fenix isn't saying what LEDs they use now? This appears to be using an XP-L HI and a bunch of XP-G3. Very unusual for a company as good as Fenix or a light as expensive as the LR40R.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix didn't supply the CREE models on the images this time. We know they are CREE LEDs but no specifics right now. We have sent a request to a Fenix engineer for further specs and will post the answer when we get it.

Added to the database :)

Is there any reason why Fenix isn't saying what LEDs they use now? This appears to be using an XP-L HI and a bunch of XP-G3. Very unusual for a company as good as Fenix or a light as expensive as the LR40R.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The LR40R utilizes 1*Cree XP-L HI LED & 18 Cree XP-G3 LEDs

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The step-down always depends on several factors. For safety purposes, if the light reaches a certain temperature, the light will step down. So depending on the environment where you are working (temperature), you will find the step down. As with these very high output levels, you wouldn't want to operate your light at those levels until truly needed. Using a level that matches your needs saves battery light as well as the opportunity for heat up. Does this make sense?

12,000 lumens for how long? 1 min?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
UPS is showing a delivery of today, Monday, 6/24. So our first orders should ship either 6/24 or 6/25, depending on how late the incoming delivery is made. Our second incoming shipment should arrive the week of 7/1. We expect all pre-orders to be filled with the shipment arriving 6/24. That is assuming Fenix shipped us all we ordered.

alexanderg91

Newly Enlightened
I just purchase this light myself. WOW does it throw a lot of light. I'm currently in the process of reviewing it.

sewi

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight is amazing. I just purchased it a few days ago. However, it seems that the SOS mode has been programmed incorrectly. I compared it to other torches that I have.. Now I am wondering if this is a general problem or only my light does not work as it should.
Did any of the owners notice the same?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems that the SOS mode has been programmed incorrectly...Now I am wondering if this is a general problem...Did any of the owners notice the same?

It would be helpful if you could explain the problem.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix has responded to your comment and video. Here is the message:

Yes, we've also received some similar feedback from the local customers here and our engineers will get it fixed in the next batch.

If the customer prefers to replace with a new one, we can arrange it in the next batch when they are available.

So please be in touch with your seller to stay abreast of when the seller gets the next batch. If we can find out the next production run, we will post it here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This flashlight is amazing. I just purchased it a few days ago. However, it seems that the SOS mode has been programmed incorrectly. I compared it to other torches that I have.. Now I am wondering if this is a general problem or only my light does not work as it should.
Did any of the owners notice the same?

sewi

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for quick response.
I am impressed that fenix's engineers are involved in such questions. Amazing support.

I will contact the seller and I am going to replace it when available.

Thanks!

Fenix has responded to your comment and video. Here is the message:

Yes, we've also received some similar feedback from the local customers here and our engineers will get it fixed in the next batch.

If the customer prefers to replace with a new one, we can arrange it in the next batch when they are available.

So please be in touch with your seller to stay abreast of when the seller gets the next batch. If we can find out the next production run, we will post it here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Agpp

Enlightened
Either moderate output very-narrow thrower or wall-of-light mega-flooder.
High flood lumens look good markeing wise.
High throw distance looks good as well.

But combining 2 very specialized lights some manufacturers try to make their lights more general-purpose. That doesn't seem to be the case here, both lights seem to be out of the general-purpose throwiness range.
Overall - I haven't seen this light in person. I'd like to because maybe I'm wrong and I'd like to be proven wrong. But I don't think this is a good general-purpose light.

GordonHo

Newly Enlightened
is the flashlight yet chargable via usb-c?
I had 2 from probably the first batch, which was not chargeable by any usb-c charger.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
is the flashlight yet chargable via usb-c?
I had 2 from probably the first batch, which was not chargeable by any usb-c charger.

Hello! The LR40R uses a Micro USB port for charging, not a Type C USB.

sewi

Newly Enlightened
Hello! The LR40R uses a Micro USB port for charging, not a Type C USB.

As far as I remember there was a USB Type-C port. Please correct me, if I am wrong..

Btw, any news about next production run with corrected SOS mode?