Choosing a Flashlight, Buyers Guide

syga

Newly Enlightened
How accurate is this website when trying to choose a new flashlight?:

http://flashlights.parametrek.com/i...ry check+~integrated charger&environment=IP68

Basically, I picked IP68 protection (because I'm outdoors a lot), 18650 or 26650 battery, battery indicator ( I'd like to know the general battery condition before using the light), no intergrated charger (I'd rather use an external charger).

Out of 1642 flashlights it comes up to 38 matches, either from Fenix or Armytek.

Do you think its accurate? Is there any other similar websites?

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't know what you want I'd assume it is very accurate and reliable.
The guy that compiles it is s contributor here and is always helpful and unbiased.
However I prefer tp do my own research by reading about real life use.
P

parametrek

Enlightened
It is as accurate as I can make it.

I'd expand the search a little with 'IPX8' because most manufacturers don't do dust testing. Generally speaking if a light is fully waterproof it'll also be pretty dust proof. That adds like 120 lights to your results.

syga

Newly Enlightened
It is as accurate as I can make it.

I'd expand the search a little with 'IPX8' because most manufacturers don't do dust testing. Generally speaking if a light is fully waterproof it'll also be pretty dust proof. That adds like 120 lights to your results.

That makes sense, thanks.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I don't think this is accurate. I put in very basic specs that match most surefire flashlights. I'm only selecting switch, material, battery, and environment. And I am getting 0 results.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I played around with the tool, but it seems to ignore some brands very obvious, and ignore some of the criteria completely (such as size). It looks like a great tool, but I think there's a bug in it.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
I too played with it........ Not many choices of lights. To many check Mark's to use.
But, it's a great idea and try.