Angryfox        

Thread: Socket Shelf

Flashaholic*

Default Socket Shelf

While I was surfing the web this morning, I ran across this Socket Shelf by Sharper Image. While it does look interesting, it also looks way over-priced. By any chance, doe anybody here happen to have one of these? If so, how well does it work? Also, are there any other competitors making something like this?

https://www.buysocketshelf.com/?utm_...0UDiLf995pJH1o

Default Re: Socket Shelf

Looks like a house-fire waiting to happen.
    17 is 11, 11 is 6, 6 is 3 and 3 is none. Also it's good to have some backups.

Default Re: Socket Shelf

Amazon US has 95 pages of results for "multi outlet" that are under $25. Some of those are power strips, but there are hundreds of multi-outlet plug-ins with various numbers of plugs, USB, etc. There are also a bunch of items that come up from a search for "outlet shelf," in various shapes and sizes, with cord management, etc. The Sharper Image might be a perfect fit for some people, but they are not without competition. I've used a few of them as temporary solutions prior to installing the correct number of outlets.

Or, you could get an electrician or competent amateaur to install the right number of AC and USB outlets with applicable breakers and GFCI protection (if needed), without a big clunky thing hanging on the wall. And, if you need a shelf, install a shelf.