• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB "D" to "AA" battery adaptor

Phil_B

Enlightened
WTB \"D\" to \"AA\" battery adaptor

As post title,two required for a project.Would prefer 2 cell adaptor,but can use a 3 cell and fill the spare slot with a conducting dummy.Anyone got two of these,or can point me to a shop/site/manufacturer?
Used is fine so long as they work. Thanks-Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phil_B

Enlightened
Re: WTB \"D\" to \"AA\" battery adaptor

Thanks Icebreak,but the ones I'm after house two or several AA cells to make a higher voltage.
These are sizers to step up the dimensions not the voltage.
Cheers anyway,Phil :)

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like this?
Elektrolumens

In the CPF dealer/manufacturer section. Go to his flashlight hobbyist parts, then scroll down. I haven't tried them myself.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

My bad, Phil B. I didn't read your post carefully.

Sometimes folks refer to what you want as 3AAtoD, 4AAtoD and 6,8,9,10toD. Had I paid attention to "dummy slot" I would have known what you wanted. The original ElecktroLumens 3toDs were designed for 5W LSs and worked fine. For incan use the resistance level was too high. The link louie supplied you is to the VersionII EL 3toDs that are not yet available. They have less resistance than the originals. I'm concerned that the EL_V2_3toDs may still have a bit too much resistance for some incandescant applications.

In the next couple of days I'll try to dig up a thread in the EL forum that deals with modifying the adapters.