Need advice on multiple(4) LED strip lights on ONE controller.

616Haggard

Newly Enlightened
Here's what I'm trying to do.
I have 4 barrister bookcases that I would like to install LED strip lighting in. Currently I have one set up with one of those cheap behind TV light strip kits from Amazon. It actually works well and looks splendid, it's just that I would like to do the 3 other cases and have them all on one remote controller rather than 4. If that's not feasible, I'll consider using my smart phone through Bluetooth if need be. Can anyone please point me towards what type of controller as well as power source I will need? Remember, there are 4 separate cases so I'll be using 4 separate LED light strips. Preferably each one being 6-10' in length.
Thank you for your advice & time in advanced!
Nick

Genes

Newly Enlightened
You didn't tell us the type and model of the controller you are using. Many of the cheap controllers will actually control multiple strips by wiring the strips in parallel. The instructions with the controller should tell you how many strips it will power and control. Some of the larger wall wart power supplies will provide enough power for 3-4, 3 meter strips. You may have to purchase one of the small switching power supplies to get enough power to power all your strips. Without more specifics, we can't tell what voltage and current your strips use.