Designed for Hands-Free Operation: NEW Multifunctional Fenix WT20R LED Flashlight

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Designed for True Hands-Free Operation: NEW Multifunctional Fenix WT20R LED Flashlight

Hang it, clip it, or hold it--that's what you will be able to do with the versatile Fenix WT20R LED Flashlight. The 400-lumen WT20R a rechargeable flashlight that includes a 2000 mAh Li-polymer battery pack, but can also be powered by 2 AA batteries. Probably the MAIN FEATURE of the WT20R is the 105-degree angle head. So now you have the ability to illuminate the exact area you need to "shed light on."

So whether you want a general utility light or something for industrial or camping applications, this all-around little torch is worthy of your attention.

parametrek

Enlightened
Here is a light that has been missing from the market! Task light designs are some of my favorites. I do wish it went lower than 50 lumens though. Most task lights are in the 2-20 lumen range.

The information doesn't say what the body material is. What is it made of?

It has been added to the database.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The light memorizes the last selected output and mode. When turned on again, the previously used output and mode will be recalled.

When the light turns on, is the default spot or flood?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
the head needs to swivel _horizontally_ a bit. If I wear in on my belt, my belt-buckle is at 12 o-clock so the light will be at 1 or 2 o-clock. I need to swivel the head horizontally to make it point straight ahead of me.

Make the magnet removable.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The light has PC for its light body and metal for its head

Here is a light that has been missing from the market! Task light designs are some of my favorites. I do wish it went lower than 50 lumens though. Most task lights are in the 2-20 lumen range.

The information doesn't say what the body material is. What is it made of?

It has been added to the database.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Can anybody think of a reason why 2 x 14500 batteries should not be used in this light? I think it would make more sense for me to carry these as back-up rather than AA batteries.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anybody think of a reason why 2 x 14500 batteries should not be used in this light? I think it would make more sense for me to carry these as back-up rather than AA batteries.
Well if the light is designed for 2aa batteries and the rechargeable pack is that same 2aa Primary Battery voltage then 2-14500 could deliver more than twice the rated voltage to the light if they are in series inside the light.

The pack might also be a 3volt pack but just with much higher current output than Primaries in which case the 14500 load might be way too high?

We just do not have enough info to know really.

I can not determine easily what the voltage of the pack is that ships with the light but until you can I would not risk that it would survive that much excess voltage?

Make Sense?

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your reply AVService.
The supplied battery is a Li-Polymer 3.7 volt 2000mAh 7.4 Wh pack. I guess therefore that two 14500 batteries in series would far exceed anything the light can handle and so I could use just one 14500 battery as back-up? The battery pack has a + and -, both at one end so I originally assumed that it would be a normal pack connected in series not parallel. Oh well AA's it is then.