Sauna LED Lights Any danger of failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Working on a project and would like to know about something I stumbled across
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1560103943.730694.jpg
LED light panel... thinking of putting it in the corner in one room (where the stove and rocks are) and covering with this
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1560104018.513084.jpg

I know the wood will be fine but I m concerned about this particular LED setup seeing as how it will be in a hot humid environment.
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1560104130.034482.jpg
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1560104152.771877.jpg

SouvlakiDemon

Newly Enlightened
Depends on the exact specs of the lights you will be using but as long as all parts of the circuitry that will be exposed to the sauna environment are contained within water-proofed enclosures and the LEDs themselves are quite heat resistant there should not be any problems.

Obviously the issues you could face are moisture shorting the circuit or too much heat to the chip from the sauna and the chip itself being on. As long as the chip heat is moved away from the chip itself the ambient temperature should not cause it to fail.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the response, only just now saw it but vapor proof lights were purchased. I could have chosen better but difficult when you live in the sticks and the nearest civilization doesn't have much to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts