ArmyTek        

Thread: Most Anti-Flashaholic thing I've ever seen.

Au Most Anti-Flashaholic thing I've ever seen.

Watching some extremely questionable "adventuring"
    This started off scary... than I find that the person trusting their life and a total novice at this is... only equipped with 2 flashlights.
    The one on is a head lamp he is borrowing which he is told "should last an hour or 2" and that seems fine to him for this activity, the 2nd is flashlight he never lets leave his hand a "Fenix" is sounds like not sure if his or not.. but he has no idea how to turn it on or make it work....

I'm not sure at which point I'd stress more, the reality that flashlights today too complicated for use by nontrained personal in high Adrenaline environments, or the concept of going into something like this so critically unprepared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnndm8QeNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6KjMqCUjTM

“What do you mean LEDs are more efficient then Incans?”, that’s just what they want you to think! It’s a Conspiracy, Man!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Most Anti-Flashaholic thing I've ever seen.

The ironic thing is modern flashlights make it easier than ever to bring enough light with you - with the extended runtimes and multiple modes available. There is no excuse for this!

Great, now I am watching abandon mine videos all day. lol I would have gone with probably 5 or 6 lights and tons of spare cells. And chalk to mark my way back out.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Very interesting to WATCH,
    but certainly NOT
    the sort of activity I'd enjoy !
    ;-)

Nightmare Material !

Especially for us Claustrophobics !

This is not my idea of a good time...but to each their own.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

WTF has happened to YouTube? Every 5 seconds or so a full page width ad was plastered over that video.

As a teen I lived in Northern California, where there are 1000s of abandoned mines. We used to run through them in the dark, sometimes lighting the way a bit with a BIC lighter. Once my buddy fell straight down a 30 foot downshaft. We extracted him with...wait for it...a garden hose (!) and took him to the hospital for treatment. We would crawl deep, deep, deep into these old mines, squeezing into the smallest tunnels with absolutely no thought of the consequences.

At least we were dumb teenagers. Duds in that video have no excuse.

Well, YouTube has more or less replaced TV, and since TV is packed full of ads, companies don't see why Youtube shouldn't be full of them as well... And regarding the exploration, that was dangerous, but at least you're here to tell the tale and warn the younger generation about it!

Oh man there is SO many things wrong safety-wise in how they did this, that I won't even bother listing them... Either this dude will learn 'the ropes' fast, or he'll be dead within a few years tops. Buuttt...

Quote Originally Posted by JimIslander View Post
    At least we were dumb teenagers. Duds in that video have no excuse.
    Yes they do: to upload video of stupid shit they did, so that the folks on YT can be entertained & don't have to do that stupid shit themselves. One of the best uses of YT anyway. And to be honest, I don't have much problem with this other than they might litter the place with their gear or dead body, or take up rescue resources in case emergency services are needed. And if they're going to litter / damage the place, then doing that in an abandoned mine is much preferred over say, a beautiful natural cave. For the rest: Darwin! Success / cool videos or improving gene pool, so win-win really.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Watching some extremely questionable "adventuring"
    This started off scary... than I find that the person trusting their life and a total novice at this is... only equipped with 2 flashlights.
    The one on is a head lamp he is borrowing which he is told "should last an hour or 2" and that seems fine to him for this activity, the 2nd is flashlight he never lets leave his hand a "Fenix" is sounds like not sure if his or not.. but he has no idea how to turn it on or make it work....

I'm not sure at which point I'd stress more, the reality that flashlights today too complicated for use by nontrained personal in high Adrenaline environments, or the concept of going into something like this so critically unprepared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnndm8QeNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6KjMqCUjTM

Good thing the kid I like to watch that does these kinds of shenanigans (shiey) is never without good lighting. After all, he's been sponsored by Olight several times. I know for a fact he has a Baton Pro and Warrior X because he ran ads about them, and I believe he has an H2R Nova from the beam of his headlamp.