whats is the first thing you notice in opisite sex

Skyline

Enlightened
I don't think I should give a proper reply since some people might find it inappropriate.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
height i notice that to im short so i prefare women that are short.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Whether they are opposite or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, eyes, eye contact and body language. It says a lot about a person.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Balance in personality and body - being proportional in most ways. Not too outgoing or too shy, too brainy or too dim (!), not too loud or quiet, and so on. Same with physical features, I don't find mammoth mams and toothpick gams appealing. A gorgeous face with awful hair or a tiny tummy and thunder thighs just aren't what I like.

Of course, I don't deserve all that perfection but maybe balance of features is what I like because I'm anything but balanced or beautiful.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
It depends on whether or not she is close or at a distance. If at a distance, I notice her shape and hair color. If she's close, I look at her face first, then into her eyes. Alot can be learned from any person by looking into their eyes.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hair, smile, shape and what kind of truck she's driving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I have a friend who worked on Apache Helicopter simulators. Part of the system was a helmet that tracked eye movement and would display what the pilot saw with a crosshair for targeting. In testing when a guy was wearing it and a woman walked in the eyes tracked across the breasts, hips and face. No matter how happily married or single the eyes tracked the same areas.
So for us married guys the point is not to dwell on what we look at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
VEINS!!! I'm a paramedic student that is sleep deprived and very tired. I look at people veins to figure out how easy it would be to start an IV. Great pick line too... "Hi you have great veins..." I need sleep... been awake 50 soemthing hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Matt

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: whats is the first thing you notice in opisite

[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
I have a friend who worked on Apache Helicopter simulators. Part of the system was a helmet that tracked eye movement and would display what the pilot saw with a crosshair for targeting. In testing when a guy was wearing it and a woman walked in the eyes tracked across the breasts, hips and face. No matter how happily married or single the eyes tracked the same areas.
So for us married guys the point is not to dwell on what we look at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Nice. Seriously, though, you CAN stop yourself from looking at all, and if you do have to look you can force your eyes to go where you want them to, but this all requires an immense amount of self-discipline.

Still, you can master your lower self. Recovered alcoholics, or anyone who has to fight an addiction will tell you that if you allow yourself to think about beer (for example) and dwell on it, you will fall. So even to SEE beer on TV or on a billboard is something to be avoided as much as possible for a recovering alcoholic, especially in the beginning.

So many times I have heard married guys say "Just because I've ordered, doesn't mean I can't look at the menu." I am not here to pass judgement on their choice, but if you believe, as I do, that "if you lust after a woman in your heart" you are already guilty of sin, then that is an attitude that you can not afford to take. And yet, in today's culture, sexy women are pasted up everywhere: TV, newspapers, magazines, billboards. It's like being an alcoholic and having to live above a bar.

It's funny that we think of ourselves as a free, sexy, sexually active culture, yet so many marriages are devoid of it. I see so many books about how to rekindle intimacy in your marriage, or to have a better sex life. MAYBE, if we stopped wasting our sexual energies on teenage rock singers and swimsuit models, husbands and wives would find it much less difficult to keep the flame alive. Is it just me, or isn't this sort of obvious?

Just throwing some thoughts out there. No offense or self-righteousness intended. I certainly am human, myself.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever sticks out the most! Could be appearance, attitude, personality or....well uhmm, whatever sticks out the most!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
The first thing I notice is the physical attributes.

The first thing I pay attention and react to is what the person says. I read somewhere that "it is from the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks."

Tom

lightnix

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
...eyes tracked across the breasts, hips and face.

[/ QUOTE ] So, it's not just me then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif although I usually check the ring fingers as well, to see what's on them.

I'm not married, I don't need to be; I've been happily with the same lady for eighteen years, but just because you're a vegetarian doesn't mean you can't check out the menu occasionally.

As Joan Armatrading once sang... "I may look over my shoulder, but I will never leave your side."

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
I have a friend who worked on Apache Helicopter simulators. Part of the system was a helmet that tracked eye movement...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fascinating. That would make a great research device because you could quickly record reactions of a sample large enough to be scientifically relevant. It could tell civilian and defense psychologists much about human perception, and not just opposite sex focal points.

Brightnorm