NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

  1. #1

    Default High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    I have an Olight S1 Baton Ti that's been my EDC since late 2015. While i have really loved this light, I have the itch to upgrade.

    I like the fact that this light can take a CR123 or an 16340, and love the tiny size and great performance.

    I HATED the magnet in the tailcap, because all of the other stuff in that pocket would stick to it, so I removed it, since it was easy to do.

    I'm looking for a replacement for this guy.

    My desires are:
    • At least as small as my current S1 Baton Ti. I carry this in dress pants, and need small.
    • 500+ lumens
    • 60-ish minute runtime at medium/high
    • Neutral tint, high CRI (High CRI is a nice to have, not a hard requirement.)
    • Balanced beam pattern, with some throw, but usable in small areas is more important than lighting up the moon. The beam pattern on the S1 Baton is actually fine.
    • Multiple levels (moonlight, low, medium, high. Turbo is nice but not required)
    • Titanium
    • Durable. This is very important. I'm not saving lives here, but want something that'll endure the usual insults without a hiccup.
    • Clicky, either tailcap or side. I do not want a twisty.
    • Ideally will take a 16340 or similar rechargeable for day to day, and be able to use a CR123 primary in a pinch. An AAA form factor battery would be ok, but I tend to prefer the aesthetics of single CR123 lights.
    • I'm happy to remove the battery to charge it, but if it can be recharged in the light, great.
    • No non-removable magnet in the tailcap.



    I'm not overly price sensitive. For reference, this light displaced a Ra Clicky Ti as my EDC. For the perfect light, I'll pay a few hundred bucks without much heartburn, but I'm not TRYING to spend a lot. I was shocked at how much light I could get for $75 with the Olight.

    I'd probably just go with an Olight S1RII Ti, but I really dislike the magnet and it seems like it's not only not removable but integral to the charging scheme.

  2. #2
    Flashaholic* RCS1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Olight S1R II Ti Kit

    1,000 lumen output at olightstore.

  3. #3

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Olight S1R II Ti Kit

    1,000 lumen output at olightstore.
    I *really* don't like the magnet in the tailcap/base, and it seems integral to the charging mechanism.

  4. #4

    Default High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    I *really* don't like the magnet in the tailcap/base, and it seems integral to the charging mechanism.
    Find a way to kill the magnet with heat and charge outside of the light!

    On the other hand if its not broken why fix it?
    The light you already have seems ideal from your own admission and list?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    The Fenix E16Ti is the smallest CR123/16340 flashlight I am aware of. I do not know what the CRI is of the emitter and it does have a tail magnet that I do not know if it is removable.

    If you are willing to go slightly longer but a little narrower, I recommend checking out the EagleTac D3c Ti or D25c Ti. They’re the smallest CR123/16340 flashlights I know with tail clicky and no tail magnet. They both can come with a Nichia 219C CRI-92 LED. SkyLumens’ also has a Eagletac D25Cvn version with 95cri SST20 emitter.

  6. #6

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Find a way to kill the magnet with heat and charge outside of the light!

    On the other hand if its not broken why fix it?
    The light you already have seems ideal from your own admission and list?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not broken, but it's not optimal. More lumens/longer runtime would be nice. The side clicky is getting easier to press so it comes on in my pocket more, and the rubber is degrading. High CRI would be nice.

    Basically, yes, what I want is an upgraded/optimized S1 Baton. I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just have SkyLumens find a new S1 Baton and mod it for me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Quote Originally Posted by Sos24 View Post
    The Fenix E16Ti is the smallest CR123/16340 flashlight I am aware of. I do not know what the CRI is of the emitter and it does have a tail magnet that I do not know if it is removable.

    If you are willing to go slightly longer but a little narrower, I recommend checking out the EagleTac D3c Ti or D25c Ti. They’re the smallest CR123/16340 flashlights I know with tail clicky and no tail magnet. They both can come with a Nichia 219C CRI-92 LED. SkyLumens’ also has a Eagletac D25Cvn version with 95cri SST20 emitter.
    Thanks. That Fenix looks really interesting. Shame about the finish.

    The EagleTac D3C looks *really* nice. Very nice aesthetics, high CRI, a bit longer than I'd prefer, but hey.

    Those are two really nice options I was unaware of.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    12,589

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Emisar D4Ti 18350 ?

    Can't safely use a primary cell, but otherwise meets your criteria I think, including various emitter options.
    Last edited by archimedes; 06-13-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  9. #9

    Default Re: High CRI, 500+ lumens, clicky, tiny, titanium, CR123 or 16340

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Emisar D4Ti 18350 ?

    Can't safely use a primary cell, but otherwise meets your criteria I think, including various emitter options.
    The Emisar is interesting too. I think it might be a bit too fat overall, but wowsers, that's a heck of a high CRI powerhouse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •