Sunwayman V11R repair?

TheMAXX

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman V11R repair?

I have contacted Sunwayman already about this, I filled out a contact form and I am waiting for them (in China) to reply.

I have had a V11R for a few years and really like it but just the other night it stopped working and it appears to be the V10R V1.4 control board inside the flashlight, the parts on that board that react to the variable intensity ring being moved seem to have disintegrated. There were parts floating around in that part of the flashlight. They appeared to be magnetic. I was wondering if is it possible to get a schematic and parts list so I can try and find the broken parts and replace them myself. There are 2 devices on the board that look like electro magnets and they seem to be physically broken. I assume that they interact with the magnetic ring to change the intensity of the light.

I am sure that I have dropped this light a few times but the latest drop seemed to break those little parts inside the light. I have a used one on its way to me now but I would like to fix this one since I think it is something that will break again.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one fail and it went back for repair.

Make sure you put their phone number on the outside of the package because the Chinese post can't find their location and mine was returned.

Mine has failed a second time and will not be being used, I'm not interested in carrying a light that is not reliable.

TheMAXX

Newly Enlightened
I had one fail and it went back for repair.

Make sure you put their phone number on the outside of the package because the Chinese post can't find their location and mine was returned.

Mine has failed a second time and will not be being used, I'm not interested in carrying a light that is not reliable.

I can definitely understanding not trusting one due to your experience. I have had very good luck with mine. I have had it 4 years and it has been very reliable. I really like the size the variable intensity and the different batteries that it can take. I have a lot of AA batteries that have been used (in wireless mics for shows) but still have a lot of life left in them so I really like a flashlight that uses AA. I would love to find a comparable replacement for this flashlight but I haven't been able to find one that does what I want and can use AA. I bought a Nitecore P26 variable brightness lite but it is bigger and heavier then I thought it was going to be. If anyone has any recommendations of other lights to check out please let me know.

I am very rarely very far from at least one more light. I was going to write one more flashlight but I don't know if a head light would be referred to as a flashlight. I also always have a 2D LED MAGLITE in my car. And I always have 1 or 2 lights in my pack that I have with me. Plus backup batteries for each light.