Introducing the SPY Trek

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing the SPY Trek.

20190701_100905s.jpg

The Trek is the SPY with a pocket clip. The light is just the right size to fit in the watch pocket on a pair of jeans. The clip is strong and will not let go of the pocket accidentally.

What is it like? Well, it has the extreme attention to finish detail that the 005 has with lots of hand finishing resulting in no machine marks. It has the Sapphire lens, lanyard attachment, rail mount, water resistance, electronics and programming of the 007 including Haptic feedback. The second goal of the Trek was to have a SPY with a large and very firm clicky knob. The Trek is not a tactical SPY like the 007 is. Its knob lets you see at a glance what position it is in and when it is off it partially tucks into the side of the body.

Please excuse that I do not have much here in this thread yet. My intention is to update this first post in this thread as this introduction progresses. I do not yet have good photos of the light but please see below for a few videos that give some great views.

Major Trek features:

• Pocket clip, very strong/secure
  • Firm click large knob with visual position
  • No tool battery cap
  • Copper Sapphire head and optional Hammerhead
  • Snowflake engraving
  • Stone Washed
  • Light weight titanium body and bat cap to offset copper weight
  • Tritium vile slot in the body and in the knob

More coming soon. . .

20190628_165351s.jpg

20190628_165337s.jpg

20190628_165342s.jpg

20190628_165357s.jpg

20190628_165402s.jpg

20190701_100905s.jpg

20190701_100919s.jpg

20190701_100942s.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!! I like it. Is the driver going to be the same as the current 005/007?

Edit: I see now that you mentioned in the description that it's going to use the same electronics as the 007, but would there be any modification to the default power levels? I'm thinking full duty cycle can be raised to take advantage of the additional heat sinking from such a large copper mass and direct exposure to the environment.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been a long time coming! Looks great, Dave!

Will you be offering titanium heads as an option?

What size tritium vials fit in the Trek? I know the other Spy lights use 1.5x5.5mm which is only available from Bart.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have always wanted one of these! Absolutely beautiful piece of artwork. Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of good looking 😂😂😂. The good looking part is a joke as well. In fact I have to sneak up on a glass of water to get a drink 😁😁😂😁😁😂😂

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting concept, the thumb lever on the switch is neat, and the release pin is nice. The plain copper head looks really out of place though, not sure if it is because it is copper, or because it is plain.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Evolution of the Spy! Awesome.

<edit> Should I say "Revolution"?

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though I have never suggested your amazing design advancements, I enjoy them thoroughly---even if now just at a distance Dave! Yet another round of applause!

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!! I like it. Is the driver going to be the same as the current 005/007?

Edit: I see now that you mentioned in the description that it's going to use the same electronics as the 007, but would there be any modification to the default power levels? I'm thinking full duty cycle can be raised to take advantage of the additional heat sinking from such a large copper mass and direct exposure to the environment.

I did not change the turbo duration but it definitely does not get as hot in one turbo cycle.