Looking for a 1000 Lumens bulb for Solarforce L2P

curvenut001

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I want to replace the bulb of my Solarforce L2P I bought a couple years ago.

I'd like to have a 1000 lumens buld with 5 modes.

I found a CREE XML-2-T6 ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/321721101977) but it has only 3 modes and I am not sure
if it is a real one and if the real output is 1000 lumens

Do you have a website where I can buy a real 1000 lumens with 5 modes ??

Thanks

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be wary of cheap EBay drop ins, they will only let you down.
Check out customlites.com for well built, good value modules.
P

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
You looked in the wrong spot on sky Lumen. He makes customs. Very far out of your price range however. : (

archimedes

Flashaholic
At that price point, it may be difficult to find something reliable.

If OP would like, I can move this thread to the Budget Lights forum, where they may be more familiar with those options ?

Part of the issue is that sustaining a "real" (OTF) output of 1000 lumens for any significant length of time requires substantial heatsinking, which adds to the cost of manufacturing these dropins.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, didn't click the link.
As Arch says, at the price point the drop in will never cope with the heat from a 1000lm LED. THose things are either about 400 true lumens or they will burn up real fast.
P

lunas

Enlightened
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074SG2WBL/?tag=cpf0b6-20

i prefer single mode versions but at 900-1300 lumen it gets harder to tell the difference in that range i got the single mode of the above drop in and it was maybe a little brighter than my thorfire xml2 light which claims is 900 Lumen. side by side in my l2p they were hard to tell. i do think the drop it was brighter. however this drop in is much much brighter.
https://illuminationgear.com/products/sportac-max-p60-led-module-two-mode

As Arch says, at the price point the drop in will never cope with the heat from a 1000lm LED. Those things are either about 400 true lumens or they will burn up real fast.
P
As designed they rely on the host for heat sinking for the most part i find taking an aluminum can and cutting a strip about as wide as the flat spot of the drop in then wrapping it 2 times just enough to make it super snug in the host helps the host will get quite warm quickly on high also eliminates any rattling you might have and increases the thermal interface with the host rather than making it travel up that reflector to the tiny ring it touches. Makes for a good hand warmer in winter...

Last edited:

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
You looked in the wrong spot on sky Lumen. He makes customs. Very far out of your price range however. : (

Praytell what would be the "right" spot? I understand that he is a custom modder and one would have to make contact with him to have something built but the way he was pitched made it sound as though he has a page dedicated to what he can do with a P60 drop-in and he doesn't have anything of the sort there.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Praytell what would be the "right" spot? I understand that he is a custom modder and one would have to make contact with him to have something built but the way he was pitched made it sound as though he has a page dedicated to what he can do with a P60 drop-in and he doesn't have anything of the sort there.

It is listed under "P60vn" .... There are currently 31 different specifications listed on that page, ranging from $80 to $150, but yes he often does full custom builds.

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
What led does your l2p have in it now? pic? Usually come with at least a cree xm-l already..

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is listed under "P60vn" .... There are currently 31 different specifications listed on that page, ranging from $80 to $150, but yes he often does full custom builds.

My point was that there is no tab listing things like that so unless you know the specific search word to use, you would not find it. I am not the one you were trying to help.

curvenut001

Newly Enlightened
What led does your l2p have in it now? pic? Usually come with at least a cree xm-l already..

Here the current module of my solarforce L2P : LC XML2 5 modes

w2Vd5Ti
w2Vd5Ti
w2Vd5Ti.jpg

curvenut001

Newly Enlightened
I think it is a moot point to begin with, as OP has stated a budget of under $20.

Welll I could go up to 40$ if it worth it and the module is a good one with real 1000 lumens !

And I need a 5 mode since I use it for biking and in order to ride for at least 2-3 hours, I need the medium mode.
But sometimes I need the 100% (1000 lumens) for bad road :):):)

@lunas your amazon link, is it a good quality module ? I mean real lumens and reliable ?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074SG2WBL/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited: