Knife Review: Oberland Arms Jager Sepp

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is a new approach for me regarding sharing my reviews. Forums are where I came from, and the discussion on forums is something I hope to be involved in and inspire. It has become too much work to convert the reviews published on my website into forum versions, so I need to try something else to stay in touch with the forums.

I am only including a headline introduction and link to the review - please return to this forum to discuss the review or ask questions.

To the Moderators, there is a reciprocal link at the end of every review on Tactical Reviews. If you have any concerns over this approach please let me know.

Knife Review: Oberland Arms Jager Sepp

17 June, 2019

Finding Oberland Arms' knives was an outstanding highlight of IWA 2018, and it became a mission of mine to review them. A happy coincidence that one other IWA 2018 highlight happened to be another knife designed by Tommaso Rumici who is the designer of the Jager Sepp on review here. Everything came together nicely at […]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Statement for Transparency and Disclosure
The test sample/s featured in this article have been provided for technical testing and review by the manufacturer. Test samples are retained by the reviewer following publication of the completed review for the purposes of long term testing and product comparisons.

All output figures and test results published in this review are the sole work of the reviewer, and are carried out independently and without bias. Test results are reported as found, with no embellishments or alteration. Though best endeavours are made to maintain the accuracy of test equipment, the accuracy of these results is not guaranteed and is subject to the test equipment functioning correctly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good review on this knife. Have you done any in Microtech or Viper Tec?

It was your review that prompted me to get the First-Light USA T Max.

Great job?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good review on this knife. Have you done any in Microtech or Viper Tec?

It was your review that prompted me to get the First-Light USA T Max.

Great job?

Thanks? :thinking: (that last question mark has me confused)

No to Microtech or Viper Tec at the moment, but the list is pretty long. I have full indexes of reviews for Lights, EDC and Knives on my website.

I'm still loving those First-Light lights. They are all in my go-to-drawers in each room (bedside, entrance hallway, first floor landing).

This review has pushed the boundaries of technical testing even further with the Structural Edge Testing, now if I could just find a HRC tester and a reasonable price...

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks? :thinking: (that last question mark has me confused)

No to Microtech or Vipertech

I'm still loving those First-Light lights. They are all in my go-to-drawers in each room (bedside, entrance hallway, first floor landing).

That question mark was a typo from a stupid iPhone and a lazy as well as half blind American that didn't pay attention .. apologies!

I m wanting to experiment with certain blade steel and dlc as well as cryo treatment not necessarily in that order. I believe the DLC gets done before any cryo treatment but wondering how cryo "before" and "after the DLC process would affect the coating and if any adverse effects would come into play.

Kyliegor

Banned
Knife Review Oberland Arms Jager Sepp

Geez Bruce, how much did you pay him for that review? Just kiddin. The review is great and he knife is gorgeous. Hopefully lots of people see and read it.ghostdog

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Knife Review Oberland Arms Jager Sepp

Geez Bruce, how much did you pay him for that review? Just kiddin. The review is great and he knife is gorgeous. Hopefully lots of people see and read it.ghostdog

Thank you. Well, a review like that comes from being a true enthusiast and takes a lot of work (unpaid).

Lots more going on with my testing, as I'm always looking for more and better information.