• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Klarus XT2C button replacement - RESOLVED :)

akula88

Enlightened
Hi,

I bought a Klarus XT2C in 2013. Maybe due to usage, the mode part of the rubber button of the tailcap was torn off, exposing the toggle switch.

I'm from the Philippines. I have contacted the local distributor, but is slow to reply and seems disinterested. I also contacted the Chinese customer service (Shenzhen, GD, CN) who had indicated that while my light is beyond the warranty period, they will have to check with their local dealers to see if they still have this part(s) for sale. :(

In any case -- I am looking to buy the rubber button, or the tailcap itself. I did found tailcaps of Klarus XT11 listed for sale. Will this work on the XT2C?

Thanks.

Last edited:

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Klarus XT2C button replacement

Hi,

I bought a Klarus XT2C in 2013. Maybe due to usage, the mode part of the rubber button of the tailcap was torn off, exposing the toggle switch.

I'm from the Philippines. I have contacted the local distributor, but is slow to reply and seems disinterested. I also contacted the Chinese customer service (Shenzhen, GD, CN) who had indicated that while my light is beyond the warranty period, they will have to check with their local dealers to see if they still have this part(s) for sale. :(

In any case -- I am looking to buy the rubber button, or the tailcap itself. I did found tailcaps of Klarus XT11 listed for sale. Will this work on the XT2C?

Thanks.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Your's is an older light and there might be differences in threading to keep them from being compatible...I KNOW a newer tailcap will not be because the different LED being used and because the UI has been significantly changed to make it impossible to interchange them. I believe that there is some circuitry within the newer tailcaps to accomplish the newer modes and they are not simply make or break switches.

I wonder though if you could effect a repair using liquid electrical tape, or perhaps some silicone.

akula88

Enlightened

Y8EM6fi.jpg

This is a photo of the tear on the rubber button.

So far no solid resolution to my problem. Klarus CS at Shenzhen,China had been replying to me, and pointed me to a local dealer, but in a short PM reply, they said that they are dont have any rubber botton, although I was quite explicit that it's either the the rubber of the whole cap. I found on their facebook page that they have the omnidirectional tactical switch cap -- 360T1, but based on reference infopix at Klarus site, it does not list the old XT2C as one of the compatible light.

I was also able to research on another 'similar' tailcap switch but for Klarus XT11. However, I was told in a PM that it's not compatible with the XT2C(2013) :(

Last edited:

akula88

Enlightened

I was also able to research on another 'similar' tailcap switch but for Klarus XT11. However, I was told in a PM that it's not compatible with the XT2C(2013) :(

<edited / removed per advice of moderator> :)

arV6LnT.jpg

aGzmqrS.jpg

Based on the photos sent to me by Jenifer Liu of Klarus (Shenzhen, China) customer service, it appears that this would be a XT11 tailcap -- which earlier I was told is not compatible with my XT-2C(2013). The cost of the replacement is relatively expensive, especially the shipping, so I just want to be sure what's going on the CS... :(

Last edited:

klight

Enlightened

Hi, the photos sent to you were correct, you can check it from below picture to see the difference of the tail cap between XT11 and XT2C

2yoswi9.png

arV6LnT.jpg

aGzmqrS.jpg

Based on the photos sent to me by Jenifer Liu of Klarus (Shenzhen, China) customer service, it appears that this would be a XT11 tailcap -- which earlier I was told is not compatible with my XT-2C(2013). The cost of the replacement is relatively expensive, especially the shipping, so I just want to be sure what's going on the CS... :(

Last edited:

akula88

Enlightened

Finally, a conclusion and resolution of this short saga.

I finally received the replacement part from China. It was actually not 100% compatible as it was a little longer. However, I was able to make it work by placing a coil of stranded copper wires so that tail-to-body grounding can be achieve.

The package came in express courier. Since the warranty has lapse for this 2013 light, the replacement tailcap cost US$8.54. Express courier was another US$15.00. I thought that was it, but the courier actually collected another US$10+ for 'importation processing' and local shipping charges :(.

This was rather a learning experience for me, as far as it goes... that the cost of replacing the torn rubber of the tail cap is almost already more than half of the XT2C :(.

Anyway -- Cheers to Klarus (Klight and Jenifer) for taking time to resolve this issue.