Wuben        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EMISAR D4 Version 2!!

Default Re: EMISAR D4 Version 2!!

When my D4v2 arrives I'll probably mod it to make accidental pocket activation much less likely.

I'll probably replace the rubber boot with a metal one and add a washer around the switch to provide a raised rim.

Unenlightened

Default ? V1 V2 lens differences??

hi
    i have the V1 running the shorter tube, for size...really like it.

RE: Cool White - SST20 6500K
    Cool White - XP-L HI V3 1A, 6500K ( +$10.00 )

what is different?
    why the 10$ diff?
    are they the same as the V1?

my V1 clip reallu sux..i ziptied together
    is the new one any better?

do the coloured leds accomplish much besides look cool? they do look cool..

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Emisar D4v2 SST-20 3000K arrived after just 9 days.
    Very nice clean yellow-white tint with hints of rosiness (when I compare to ZL SC600Fd Mk4 which now looks very cold, almost blueish).
    Aux LEDs are cool. Button needs quite a bit stronger press than my D4S - probably a good thing in this light.

It's been sitting on my desk next to me the last couple hours and it has not turned on by itself so far.
    Lit up my D4V2 - SST20 (NW) 4000K / 95CRI today ....

Meh, not thrilled with the tint.

Knew there might be a chance it'd be too green for me, esp at lower output. And that it is.

My first view of the high CRI SST emitters, so maybe worth the experience to check it out.

Sounds like the 3000K would have been my better choice here. Was that one also "high CRI" ?

I think the UI is getting too many bells-and-whistles now, and I got stuck somewhere needing a reset

I wish the auxiliary color output was set up differently, so that it could be used in the main menu, instead of solely for beacon-type functions.

Interesting light though, and seems well made for the price.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Yes, the SST-20 3000K and 4000K are both 95 CRI. Apparently the chance to get a better (no/less green) tint is much higher with the 3000K.
    The UI has lots of bells-and-whistles, true, but almost all the complex stuff is hidden away behind multiple clicks. The basic functions on/off/ramping/turbo are easy to access and remember IMHO.

For me the complex UI was one of the things that made me buy the light. I fancy the candle mode, it's quite realistic.
    Last edited by Connor; 07-16-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Lit up my D4V2 - SST20 (NW) 4000K / 95CRI today ....

Meh, not thrilled with the tint.

Knew there might be a chance it'd be too green for me, esp at lower output. And that it is.

My first view of the high CRI SST emitters, so maybe worth the experience to check it out.

Sounds like the 3000K would have been my better choice here. Was that one also "high CRI" ?

I think the UI is getting too many bells-and-whistles now, and I got stuck somewhere needing a reset

I wish the auxiliary color output was set up differently, so that it could be used in the main menu, instead of solely for beacon-type functions.

Interesting light though, and seems well made for the price.
    Hey...look on the bright side...at least yours didn't melt down and is working!

My 4k SST should be here any day now.

Fingers crossed.

I have a ZL SC600 CW and sea foam green kind of grows on you after a while, lol!

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

I got the SST-20 3000K and it's my second(RRT01vn), both are perfect tint. Light is great, love the 18350 option and the aux leds are fun.

Default Re: ? V1 V2 lens differences??

Quote Originally Posted by amkaos View Post
    hi
    RE: Cool White - SST20 6500K
    Cool White - XP-L HI V3 1A, 6500K ( +$10.00 )

what is different?
    why the 10$ diff?
    are they the same as the V1?

my V1 clip reallu sux..i ziptied together
    is the new one any better?

do the coloured leds accomplish much besides look cool? they do look cool..
    Cree charges more for the XP-L HI than Luminus does for the SST-20. For example, buying through some of the major distributors, the XP-L HI is about $4 each in quantities of 1000 or more, where as the SST-20 can be less than $1.

The colored LED's can help locate the light in the dark, serve as form of firefly mode, and for this light can even be set to indicate approximate battery voltage.

This has become my bedside light, sst20 3000k has a beautiful tint and CRI, no green what so ever. Aux LEDs are a neat and functional add-on. Candle and lightning modes have their place as well.
    It feels a little light/fragile in my hand but only time will tell on its durability.
    Only thing I'd have liked to see is USB charging but ya can't have everything. 7/10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    I Got tired of looking for the light at the end of the tunnel so i lit that bitch up myself! Convoy s2 365nm, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, Amondotech n30, vss-3A, Reylight Ti Lan v3, Helius Sigma 9, astrolux s41 219, Shadow JM35, BLF GT,

Got mine today, and it's an amazing flashlight. Had to look up ToyKeeper's review to get the proper manual for it, but so far this one is the bee's knees or the mammaries of the female canine. There might be more coming soon depending on how this does in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by LRJ88 View Post
    Got mine today, and it's an amazing flashlight. Had to look up ToyKeeper's review to get the proper manual for it, but so far this one is the bee's knees or the mammaries of the female canine. There might be more coming soon depending on how this does in the long run.
    Not my first Emisar, but yeah...

Mine arrived just now and everything seems to be in order, with the extra bezel, magnetic tailcap, clip and 18350 body, in tan and with non-green (to my older eyes) SST-20s in 4000k. Definitely on the yellow/rosy side of the scale, but itís only 5:30pm here and still bright out.

IMO, it is a Ďgold coloredí light and not a tan light, for others who want to know. I had a tan SWM V10R and I have a tan M11R and those are both on the tan end of things. It seems to be semi-gloss, so itís not super blingy, but yeah, not coyote tan like .mil type stuff. I like it though and donít own any golden colored lights, so cool for me.

The clip is different than the older style clip I got with my D4, but unlike like a lot of you, I donít have any problems with that iteration, even though it has pulled away slightly from the body here and there.

I lubed everything up and even put the SS bezel on, but Iím leaving the magnet TC off and keeping the golden bezel on for now. I can always change things at my whim. Additionally, my magnet is strong and easily holds the light (with VTC-5a) to the fridge, or other metal object, so thatís not a problem. Also, everything seems to fit with no sloppy gaps, but I have a slight gap putting the SS bezel on my cyan D4, FWIW. Not a biggie and not really expected.

I got the 18350 body, as I did with the cyan D4, but I like pocket clips and this will work for me, but if it ever becomes priceless, Iíll sell things as a package and somebody will be happy.

The light ramps up/down as with my D4, the rainbow AUX LEDs come on and rotate through the assortment. Iíve got to read up on calibrating it, as Iíve not done that before with my D1, D1S and D4. I also have to learn everything Anduril can do.

For the fourth time, Iím a happy Emisar camper, but Iím just hoping it doesnít turn on and melt down! LockoutÖmust lockout, since I can definitely activate my light (with ramping,) holding it against my glass coffee table, even though the boot is sticking out less than the D4.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGarrett; 07-17-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

On a side note, the different aux in different modes means you can easily use different colours to see if the light is locked or not, mine's now set to high red for unlocked and low green for locked, unsafe/safe as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LRJ88 View Post
    On a side note, the different aux in different modes means you can easily use different colours to see if the light is locked or not, mine's now set to high red for unlocked and low green for locked, unsafe/safe as it is.
    How do you program this ?

I didn't see that option listed in the UI flowchart ....

Last edited by Connor; 07-18-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

How do you program this ?

I didn't see that option listed in the UI flowchart ....
    If the flashlight's unlocked it's 7 clicks to change the aux mode, once they're on in any mode (as far as i've seen) you can change colour by clicking 7 times but holding the button down on the 7th click. The same goes when the light is locked, but 3 clicks for modes and holding on the last click for colours.

On a side note, you can't change colour when the aux lights aren't on at all, something that's pretty obvious but i've forgotten a few times already and wondered why it hasn't worked.

Oh, I didn't realize that you could set AUX for each different state of the UI.

That is interesting ... I'll have to check it out, thanks.

I just did the temp. sensor calibration test and from an ambient of 26*C, my factory set light blinked out 15, for 15*C, so it was off by 11*. Just an FYI.

I heated it up to 45*C and then quickly ran the temp. check and it blinked out 45, so it seems to be pretty much spot on, at least my light. The light really stepped down quickly from turbo, so I need to fiddle with the ceiling on temperature, later on.

Chris

Mine arrived and I love the new clips, glad I ordered a couple extra. Havenít really played with the auxiliary light modes, I like that it changes
    I'm glad I found CPF, I was beginning to think I was strange
    I'm a Canadian and a proud Flashaholic
    Thanks CPF, thanks Think2x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the look of the new aux ledís. Canít decide between this and the E07 as my budget wonít cover both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenwolf View Post
    Love the look of the new aux ledís. Canít decide between this and the E07 as my budget wonít cover both.
    First batch owners are not to use muggle mode (meant for kids lol) since the light can turn on in high strobe mode (1000lm) 15 minutes after being turned off in muggle mode, but the thermal regulation goes retarded and fails to ramp down as heat builds out. It just happened to me and is now a verified bug, but only in muggle mode.

You can still 6 click into muggle mode, use it and then 6 click out of muggle and things will be fine. Confirm youíre out of muggle by ramping up to turbo before walking away.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    First batch owners are not to use muggle mode (meant for kids lol) since the light can turn on in high strobe mode (1000lm) 15 minutes after being turned off in muggle mode, but the thermal regulation goes retarded and fails to ramp down as heat builds out. It just happened to me and is now a verified bug, but only in muggle mode....
    Well, that's a pretty unfortunate bug

How might one know if their D4V2 is among "batch 1" ? Other than trying the above, I suppose

Well, that's a pretty unfortunate bug

How might one know if their D4V2 is among "batch 1" ? Other than trying the above, I suppose
    Anything that shipped yesterday 7/19, or later, has the fixed muggle mode firmware.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGarrett; 07-20-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    Anything that shipped yesterday 6/19, or later, has the fixed muggle mode firmware.

Chris
    Do you mean 7/19/19 ?

Are there any plans for recall or repair of batch 1 ?

No. Don't use muggle mode and you're safe.
    Emisar plans to sell an "official" firmware flashing hardware kit in a while. I'll get that and flash the newest firmware myself.
    Last edited by Connor; 07-21-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Flashaholic*

Muggle mode is really meant to be, "Keep your hands off my f***ing flashlight, newb!"

I think i'm now I don't like the D4!!

I bought it because it looks perfect even now but it's not practical light at all!

I don't think am going to buy anymore of these! But who knows maybe I will change my mind later..lol

The muggle mode thing isn't actually a bug, it's a feature. If you turn it on in muggle mode and the person you've lent it to "forgets" to give it back it'll selfdestruct while also setting fire to that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    I think i'm now I don't like the D4!!

I bought it because it looks perfect even now but it's not practical light at all!

I don't think am going to buy anymore of these! But who knows maybe I will change my mind later..lol
    Just use muggle with a 4.2v fully charged cell and it doesnít glitch.

Chris

I got this light because it looked like it would be a lot of fun to play with, and you know what, it is. I really like the UI and all the fun flashing modes. It looks somewhat complicated on paper, but I found it to be not only intuitive and easy to master, but very well thought out and easy to use in real life.

I LOVE the candle mode. It does quite a passable job of recreating a flickering flame effect. I also got the SST-20 3000K 95 CRI LEDs (which helps add to the Candle mode's effectiveness), and those are very interesting. However, they were a bit to yellow for my taste, so I added a Special Pale Lavender Lee Filter (#702) which brought it back into the realm of a nice, slightly warm tint with beautiful color rendering.

By the way, I also ordered the addition frosted optic, just to play with, and wow, the beam was already pretty nice, but the frosted optic really smoothed it out, while still leaving just a bit of throw, which is perfect for my taste. TIP: Since the original optic sits flush in the head, and I couldn't shake it out, I found I could use a piece of tape to lift the optic out.

It's really too bad that there is a glitch with the muggle mode, as I had actually planned on using that mode when I took the light out with me, oh well. By the way, Chris, even with a fully charged cell, after an hour (off) in the muggle mode, my light turned on and went into high output flashing. Still, it's a fun little light that didn't cost too much, and I think I'll enjoy having it around.

Can you use (electronic) "Lockout" mode with "Muggle" mode ? Does that prevent the delayed activation glitch ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast