Sky Lumen        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EMISAR D4 Version 2!!

Default Re: EMISAR D4 Version 2!!

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Can you use (electronic) "Lockout" mode with "Muggle" mode ? Does that prevent the delayed activation glitch ?
    Hey, I "know" you!

Basically, Hank and TK have said to just not use muggle mode. I got an email from Hank saying that and over on BLF, TK's review thread is the current latest info place about it all.

Electronic lockout is 4 clicks from off and yes you can use that with the muggle mode glitch since the only time there is an issue is if you go into muggle mode and turn off the light. Of course you can just unscrew the tail cap or head to prevent any issues as well.

My first light from Hank has the muggle mode and the issue. My second light from Mountain Electronics doesn't even have muggle mode at all which means I have a preproduction F/W on that light, according to TK.

There was a post by Hank yesterday explaining that he plans to make available the hardware to flash new F/W, at cost to those affected by this. So, I'm just waiting to see how that all turns out over the next few day/weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Hey, I "know" you!
    Yes, you do

Basically, Hank and TK have said to just not use muggle mode. I got an email from Hank saying that and over on BLF, TK's review thread is the current latest info place about it all.
    Our boards don't interact directly.

Electronic lockout is 4 clicks from off and yes you can use that with the muggle mode glitch since the only time there is an issue is if you go into muggle mode and turn off the light. Of course you can just unscrew the tail cap or head to prevent any issues as well....

There was a post by Hank yesterday explaining that he plans to make available the hardware to flash new F/W, at cost to those affected by this. So, I'm just waiting to see how that all turns out over the next few day/weeks.
    Thank you for the information, and keeping us updated here is appreciated.
    ... is the archimedes peak

I've checked my D4V2 as well as the one i got for a friend at the same time, and my flashlight doesn't have the self-destruct while his does. I haven't received any mail from Hank regarding this, so i'm just wondering if it'd be possible to have a poll to see who's gotten mails as well as what LEDs have been affected as well.

Mine, SST-20 3000K, no self-destruct found.
    Friend's, XP-L HI V3 6000K, self destruct found.

No mail.

Quote Originally Posted by LRJ88 View Post
    I've checked my D4V2 as well as the one i got for a friend at the same time, and my flashlight doesn't have the self-destruct while his does. I haven't received any mail from Hank regarding this, so i'm just wondering if it'd be possible to have a poll to see who's gotten mails as well as what LEDs have been affected as well.

No mail.
    If yours, or his, shipped on 7/19/19, or later, it has been reflashed and is fine. I received an Email from Hank, in my spam folder, alerting me of the issue. Hank is putting the reflash kits together for sale and the first batches will go to the people affected by the muggle bug, at a cost of $9ish, I think.

I'm just going to live with the muggle mode and if I do use it, I will just use a fully (mostly full) charged cell, since the bug isn't manifesting itself at 4.0v, 4.1v, or 4.2v in my example.

If, down the road, I want to send it to somebody in America and pay them a fee to reflash my light, I'll make inquiries, but I don't think so.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

No mail.
    Does the one without the issue even have muggle mode? My first light from Hank does have muggle mode and the issue and I did receive an email from him. The reflash kits are ready and I already ordered mine for $8.50. Hank said to get the $8.50 price, just provide your order number (ordered before 7/19). Regular price for those not affected by the bug will be $18.50.

The reason I asked if one light has the muggle mode at all is that my second light is from Mountain Electronics and it doesn't even have muggle mode, which according to TK means it has preproduction firmware.

The reflash process looks to be a piece of cake if you have an Android phone. Video with instructions is up in a thread over on BLF. Also, in that same thread are instructions for Windows and soon for Mac. But by far, Android is the easiest way to flash (Hank even said so).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    If yours, or his, shipped on 7/19/19, or later, it has been reflashed and is fine. I received an Email from Hank, in my spam folder, alerting me of the issue. Hank is putting the reflash kits together for sale and the first batches will go to the people affected by the muggle bug, at a cost of $9ish, I think.

I'm just going to live with the muggle mode and if I do use it, I will just use a fully (mostly full) charged cell, since the bug isn't manifesting itself at 4.0v, 4.1v, or 4.2v in my example.

If, down the road, I want to send it to somebody in America and pay them a fee to reflash my light, I'll make inquiries, but I don't think so.

Chris
    Both were sent 06/29/2019, i ordered them at the same time and they arrived in teh same package, one has the bug and the other one doesn't. Now that i checked my account there's a notice added to my order saying:

"For the D4V2 that you have received, we have found a bug in the muggle mode (6 clicks enter into the muggle mode) which will be automatically on by itself,
    PLEASE DO NOT USE MUGGLE MODE.
    The bug does not affet any other functions, and the flashlight is safe to use"

It doesn't bug me at all, i've no use for a muggle mode, but my friend is using it with his family and it can seem tempting at times to have a "safe" mode around kids.

Does the one without the issue even have muggle mode? My first light from Hank does have muggle mode and the issue and I did receive an email from him. The reflash kits are ready and I already ordered mine for $8.50. Hank said to get the $8.50 price, just provide your order number (ordered before 7/19). Regular price for those not affected by the bug will be $18.50.

The reason I asked if one light has the muggle mode at all is that my second light is from Mountain Electronics and it doesn't even have muggle mode, which according to TK means it has preproduction firmware.

The reflash process looks to be a piece of cake if you have an Android phone. Video with instructions is up in a thread over on BLF. Also, in that same thread are instructions for Windows and soon for Mac. But by far, Android is the easiest way to flash (Hank even said so).
    The one without the issue has the muggle mode, and it starts blinking exactly 15 minutes after being turned off. I'll have a talk with my friend and see if he wants to have it fixed or if it'll be ok just not to go into muggle mode and tell the ones that might get hold of it that as well, i trust him but i know how hard it can be with kids when told specifically not to do something.

Both were sent 06/29/2019, i ordered them at the same time and they arrived in teh same package, one has the bug and the other one doesn't. Now that i checked my account there's a notice added to my order saying:

"For the D4V2 that you have received, we have found a bug in the muggle mode (6 clicks enter into the muggle mode) which will be automatically on by itself,
    PLEASE DO NOT USE MUGGLE MODE.
    The bug does not affet any other functions, and the flashlight is safe to use"

It doesn't bug me at all, i've no use for a muggle mode, but my friend is using it with his family and it can seem tempting at times to have a "safe" mode around kids.

The one without the issue has the muggle mode, and it starts blinking exactly 15 minutes after being turned off. I'll have a talk with my friend and see if he wants to have it fixed or if it'll be ok just not to go into muggle mode and tell the ones that might get hold of it that as well, i trust him but i know how hard it can be with kids when told specifically not to do something.
    Well, you can get the adapter, reflash it yourself for you friend, or swap your good one for his and live with it, or instruct him that if he uses muggle mode, just keep a fully charged cell in it, or absent that, just 6 click out of muggle mode and things are fine.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Here's the direct link to the reflashing kit:

https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4v2...its-p-941.html

Chris
    Well, you can get the adapter, reflash it yourself for you friend, or swap your good one for his and live with it, or instruct him that if he uses muggle mode, just keep a fully charged cell in it, or absent that, just 6 click out of muggle mode and things are fine.

Chris
    I'm going to talk to him and see, might get the reflashing kit just in case anyway though, especially if the other lights later on will use the same flash interface.

Got my reflashing kit a couple days ago and used my Note 8 Android phone to flash the latest F/W to both of my D4V2s. Was a piece of cake and only took 2 or 3 minutes total, most of which was setting up the app and making sure the pins were in place on the pads in the head before tapping go in the app.

That is so cool.
    I love seeing where portable electronics are increasingly replacing the need for desk top machines.
    On a related note, IOS has recently gotten actress to USB host mode!
    ... and IOS is adopting swype typing!!!
    - both of these are extremely old news in the Android world, but IOS devices are very, very nice, and their walled garden apps are well tuned to their excellent hardware, - none will dispute that.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

For those who purchased from MtnElectronics, do they get the kit at cost ?

And from Mtn, or from IntlOutdoor ?

For those who purchased from MtnElectronics, do they get the kit at cost ?

And from Mtn, or from IntlOutdoor ?
    If youíre one of the glitched owners, you get it from Hank for $8.99 shipped. I canít imagine Richard at Mountain is charging more, but he might tag you for shipping , so buy other stuff!

Chris

I asked because I didn't currently see it listed at Mtn, and wondered how Intl would be able to verify my order from Mtn.

I guess maybe I just need to try contacting Richard direct ...

I asked because I didn't currently see it listed at Mtn, and wondered how Intl would be able to verify my order from Mtn.

I guess maybe I just need to try contacting Richard direct ...
    Or just order it from Hank and put in the notes that you ordered the light from MTN on X date and give the order number. Hank can contact Richard to verify if he desires or maybe he'll just send the kit for $8.50 anyway. I ordered the kit with no tracking (would have been extra $2) and received it in 10 days.
    Last edited by srvctec; 08-17-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Seeing the news regarding this light and that there's now a raised ring and hints at more colours possible later on i'm pretty damn curious as to if Hank can make it an OD colour similar to older Zebralights, if that was available i'd be on it like a hawk.

http://i.imgur.com/DU0YlVv.jpg

Not my picture, i take no credit whatsoever for it, it's just for comparison in colour and to show what i mean.

Just for giggles I did a quick mock up of the D4 v2 in the Zebralight colors from Trevilux's photo above and I have to admit they look nice in those colors.

(D4 v2 Images on the Left and Right don't actually exist, so don't get excited.)
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Quote Originally Posted by pc_light View Post
    Just for giggles I did a quick mock up of the D4 v2 in the Zebralight colors from Trevilux's photo above and I have to admit they look nice in those colors.

(D4 v2 Images on the Left and Right don't actually exist, so don't get excited.)

I've very much like that left one, ever since getting my first SC52 something about that colour has stuck with me.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to release Ti versions like with the V1s?
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any plans to release Ti versions like with the V1s?
    Yes. Hank confirmed by email to a user on another forum recently. They should be introduced in a few months.

It looks like there will also be a new deep blue color soon.

Additionally, it was confirmed on TLF that there will be a v2 of the D1S thrower with a new driver and new emitter options, and it appears there may be a v2 of the D4S in work, too.

My wife wants an Hot Pink D4V2, sort it out Hank!
    X70, MS12, MF04, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, MT09R, DT70, D18, MF01, E07, D4S - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

@Iamlucky13, thanks for the info. Thatís great news!👍
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Totally love mine. It's got the gorked Muggle mode, but that mode will never see any use and this light will never get loaned out, so I'm good. Aux lighting is amazingly beautiful!

One clear lesson of September 11 is that individual civilians need to take responsibility for maximizing the probability that they will survive, should disaster strike.

It is quite a nice light. I have the 3000k sst20 ver. and it makes a great bedside light!
    I got my flashing kit the other day and the muggle issue is no longer.
    If any US based ppl want theirs flashed with the updated FW, I'm happy to do it for shipping costs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    I Got tired of looking for the light at the end of the tunnel so i lit that bitch up myself! Convoy s2 365nm, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, Amondotech n30, vss-3A, Reylight Ti Lan v3, Helius Sigma 9, astrolux s41 219, Shadow JM35, BLF GT,

Please someone make a 21700 tube for this

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234