Original packaging

M

Newly Enlightened
Hello:
First, I am not sure where this should be posted, so move it as you see fit.

Most dealers are more than happy to accept returns, as long as the item(s) are unused, and in original packaging. The problem that I am finding is that manufactures such as Streamlight (I am not picking on them. Just using them as an example) package their lights in that clear, hard plastic that generally needs to be cut/torn (destroyed) in order to get to the product.

Dealers, how do you handle returns when items are packaged this way? Consumers, what sort of experiences have you had trying to return merchandise, after having to destroy the package just to get your hands on the product? I welcome experiences as well as opinions.
Mike

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I sent a 3 AA Task Light back to streamlight because of its green beam. I sent only the light itself without any packaging at all and they sent me a new one factory sealed. I also sent a Pelican M6 LED to Pelican because of a faulty switch. I sent the light in the original box without batteries or holster and they sent me a new one in the box with batteries and holster. I am of course very pleased with both Streamlight and Pelican customer service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DimBeam

Enlightened
If you are referring to a retailer( or Internet) they should realize that you have to destroy the package to remove some of these lights. If they give you anything less than 100% money back drop them and spread the word.