• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

EagTac D3Cvn - The Micro Searchlight R

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than price this one is a total must have.
W1.1 pushes 600L & 35Kcd with a perfect beam! Nice hot spot with large bright corona too.

Damn, guess I gotta add one of these to my collection soon...

The Osram White 1/2 emitters work so darn well in this body/ reflector it's almost unfair. They are almost de-fact Fiat Lux lights. I don't think any of mine have any artifacts whatsoever.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Damn, guess I gotta add one of these to my collection soon...

The Osram White 1/2 emitters work so darn well in this body/ reflector it's almost unfair. They are almost de-fact Fiat Lux lights. I don't think any of mine have any artifacts whatsoever.

I actually like this new body better than the original. The 2nd one is the worst.
My only gripe is the Ti on this light wont polished super shinny and there are no true smooth reflector for even more crazy throw.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does look a quite nice. I think the original style will always hold a place in my heart though, I remember a few years back first getting into light and your D25Cvn XP-L PDT instantly became a grail light for me. I love my little collection of D25, they each have a special little place in my collection.

RE the Ti, I wonder why that is. Could it be a different titanium? I imagine we may have no true way of knowing...

I have read that OP reflectors don't really sap any significant throw, and Eagtacs tend to be a very light OP. Have you experienced/ noticed otherwise? Personally I prefer slight OP reflectors, and Eagtacs seem pretty ideal to me. I think the D1s would be great with a very slight OP to the reflector- I'm a sucker for super smooth beams though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yes slight OP takes very little away from actual throw that we see but numbers sells ahhahahha

Patriot

Flashaholic
It all depends on what exactly is meant by terms like "OP reflectors" and "significant throw." I've seen differences at big as 35% in lux numbers on various SF M6 reflectors, using the same MN21 bulb, in different lights. It could have been argued that some reflectors were "frosted" but the level of "frosty-ness" or OP-ness is nearly infinite. I've also seen two identical Polarion HID lights differ in throw by 12-13% using what most of us would call a light/medium, shiney OP reflector. So, probably not insignificant for people concerned with throw performance but it's all quite subjective to the individual. If we took a poll on the LED lighting forum and asked if 10-15% throw was significant, they might say... 'not really.' Take that same poll here or better yet... if Vinh came out and said, "I just figured out a way to instantly increase throw by 10-15% on all my best throwing reflector lights!" We'd probably be doing back flips!