Wuben        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acebeam X65vn Mini - Best Value Thrower Searchlight R

Default Acebeam X65vn Mini - Best Value Thrower Searchlight R

$300 for HI 6500K
    $350 for other XHP35 LEDs

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 06-26-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: Acebeam X65vn Mini - Best Value Thrower Searchlight R

Still an excellent light. They should have just made this version to begin with.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    They should have just made this version to begin with.
    I agree! I seem to recall that you might have made the first one of these by attaching a X80 body a while back.

cant Believe acebeams output numbers were way off. They listed 12k lumens. Your modded version is 10k lumens.
    So was theirs only like 9k from the getgo?
    can we get your thoughts on comparing this vs the Tn40svn? Possibly pictures? I wanna know the size difference and how does it compare with the feel of lights in hands. I have the tn40svn and just wondering if the small increase of performance is worth getting a new light.

Going from 8700-9000 lumens to 10,000 lumens won't be perceivable at all. Likewise for the throw probably. One extra LED will make it slightly more efficient at lower outputs 2000 lumens or below. This thing looks to have the same head as the X65 full size, which is quoted as 11,200 lumens and 640k lux on Vinh's site, but that product also uses Vinh's fet driver.
    Last edited by twistedraven; 06-25-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Vinh is also using his fet driver in this light as well. So now Iím wondering if this head is smaller than the full size x65.
    If this light got 11k and 620k lux, I would upgrade my tn40svn. Probably still wonít see a difference in performance tho.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    cant Believe acebeams output numbers were way off. They listed 12k lumens. Your modded version is 10k lumens.
    So was theirs only like 9k from the getgo?
    can we get your thoughts on comparing this vs the Tn40svn? Possibly pictures? I wanna know the size difference and how does it compare with the feel of lights in hands. I have the tn40svn and just wondering if the small increase of performance is worth getting a new light.

Actually The specs on this light is a bit conservative. I mean I can drive the light closer to X65vn if you guys want. I was just worried about heat as this light has less fins and mass than the X65vn full size.

Factory numbers are high compared to mines yes.

I dont have a TN40Svn in stock but yeah If we drive this Mini to the max like the X65vn full size then the TN40Svn cant match.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Vinh is also using his fet driver in this light as well. So now Iím wondering if this head is smaller than the full size x65.
    If this light got 11k and 620k lux, I would upgrade my tn40svn. Probably still wonít see a difference in performance tho.
    It can do 11K and 620Kcd but it will surely get hotter faster than the X65vn which has more mass and fins.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

XHP35 HI is so inefficient after 2k lumen output anyways I say just keep it at 2k lumen per led. To go from 2000 to 2250 lumens per XHP35 HI you're pumping like a third more current into them.

batteries are now included
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

My understanding is that you are tuning the beam for throw in these lights vs stock? Or is the added throw coming from the driver swap? Or do you simply measure differently and aside from different UI, itís performance numbers are stock?

Super interested in a tuned throwy version...

To everyone here: How does this light/class compare in WOW-factor to a NON-flashlight-enthusiast, versus the following:
    TN42vn90
    D18vnW1
    X80GTvn

Basically Im buying this light and never expect to buy anything comparable in this price range/caliber power light, so I wonder if I should buy something different.

Currently my biggest hitter powerful/pricey lights are the MT18vn Nichia 219c and Skylumen Delta.

Is this X65vn mini the best next and final step towards experiencing all there is in the current flashlight world?

I figured after 1500m throw, anything more is kinda silly... and anything over 10k lumens is just a fire in my hands waiting to burn me...

My fear is buying it, loving it, and never using it, collecting dust, and value depreciates until no one will buy it from me haha. I say this because Iíve never intended to buy a light that wouldnít fit in a large pocket, and this thing is MASSIVE.

Different measurements from different parties. From my experience, Vinh's numbers for lumen output have always been a little low compared to others, and numbers for lux always a little high.

Not only does Vinh tune beam for throw, but he boosts the amps for higher lumens as well. His measurement is just different from acebeams. So if Vinh was to measure a stock version of this light, it would have been less than 10k lumens.
    You will not be disappointed in a light of this class. This class is my favorite type of light. The tn40svn is my all time favorite light. If I could only keep one light, the tn40svn would be it. So now, The X 65vn mini comes along and now it will replace my tn40svn. The light isnít huge. I just love the throw and high output combo. Itís the most 50/50 type of light imo. So it shines a huge hotspot onto target at a distance.
    I have a x65vn mini on the way and will give my thoughts.
    The d18vn has the output and size, but not the throw.
    The x80gtv is the exact same.
    The tn42vn90 is a very close 50/50 light. But itís more on the throw side. If it has 9000 lumens, it would be my all time fav light. But itís double the price.

Yeah there are a couple of hosts that I will probably keep forever for future led swaps because they're so nice. TN40 is one and Fireflies E07 full copper will probably be my second.

Purchased what looks like will be my greatest flashlight ever! X65vn Mini over-driven through the roof!
    To be fully loaded with 4xVTC5D cells hehe.
    Last edited by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen; 06-28-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Purchased what looks like will be my greatest flashlight ever! X65vn Mini over-driven through the roof!
    To be fully loaded with 4xVTC5D cells hehe.
    Sounds awesome! You'll have to let us know how the specs turn out!

Is the bezel on the Mini alminum? ...vs. stainless on the X65.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Is the bezel on the Mini alminum? ...vs. stainless on the X65.
    Yup aluminum. They went cheap on the mini.

Yup aluminum. They went cheap on the mini.
    The weight balance seems more logical without the extra 4 batteries to use aluminum... plus who is going to drop one of these bad boys? Takes a dedicated hand regardless, not the sort of light one would use to bring in the groceries, work on a car, or let a kid play with.

Seems mutually beneficial for savings.

I love my tn42vn90 and my tn40vn!

I recall a request for this, so good news:

Quote Originally Posted by acebeam View Post
    Acebeam will present a system of battery pack, which be in common use for all acebeam models, stay tuned!
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

I've been using the x65vn mini the last couple nights and there's really nothing better than it for the size.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I've been using the x65vn mini the last couple nights and there's really nothing better than it for the size.
    Very glad to hear this report! You did a great job with this one. Canít wait to see what else Acebeam brings to the workshop table for modding!

Hereís my quick rundown on my new x65vn mini. This is gonna be sorta like a comparison between my all time favorite light...the tn40svn. My meter reading was 570kcd and 12000 lumens! My tn40svn reading is 550kcd and 9000 lumens.
    When shining up close, the x65vn mini has a more smaller and defined brighter hot spot. Brighter corona and spill as well.
    But the x65vn mini has a more pronounced flower petal beam shape. When shining at a distance, the tn40svn will hit the target with a big hot spot which I totally love. Whereas the x65vn mini is hitting the target with a smaller hot spot, which Iím sure some of you love and prefer. But what really makes the x65vn mini stand out is the areas all around the target is completely lit up. Kinda hard to explain and something u just have to see in person. Your only able to see this feature when shining at a open field or area where there is nothing in front of you for 150 feet. Shining the light any closer, the x65vn mini will have smaller flood than the Tn40svn.
    The switch to the x65vn I would say is a little stiff. Even though the tn40svn is heavier, if feels lighter in the hand, maybe because of the ergonomics and smaller head. X65vn mini feels a bit top heavy. Conclusion, I cannot say for sure yet if the acebeam has dethrone my tn40svn. Itís a very close call. I love the big hot spot the tn40svn hits the target. But I love how
    Acebeam has all the extra lumens that illuminates the surrounding area around the hot spot. If the acebeam was the exact same size as the tn40svn, acebeam gets my pick. But the tn40svn just feels better in the hand.
    since u read this far, i mights as well include a beam shot. I suck at these so please forgive me.
    The target trees are 350 feet away.

X65vn mini

Tn40svn

Oh great. The cpf site distorted my picture. On my phone, when you zoom in on the beamshot picture, you can see much more clear than the pictures when I added to the site. It was already a bad attempt at a beam shot. Now it just made it even worse. Hahah

Hard for me to pick one over the other too...I usually just end up using the TN42vn90 instead.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Hard for me to pick one over the other too...I usually just end up using the TN42vn90 instead.
    Thanks, b8llzblue, for the comparative beamshots of these two great lights. Specs and reflector configuration show that these two uber great lights are in similar beam profile/performance classification.

I spent many hours, weeks, months thinking about adding the tn40svn to my collection, searching international flashlight forums for comparative beamshots. So many times tossing and turning at night, almost pulling the trigger. When the X65 was announced, the factory specs were so nice, that I pounced twice.

TN42vn90; same. I spent many hours, weeks, months thinking about adding it to my collection. Same with BLF GTvn. There are only about thirty other Vinh lights that I want, but I have not yet pulled the trigger on.

Size of beam profile/size of beam performance matters. That is why I like big lights more than others, even though I use smaller lights more routinely.

X65Vn Mini: Anyone who has not seen what Acebeam and Vinh has done with X65/X65 Mini, please be fully prepared to be amazed when you finally do get to see full-bore beam performance!

My lights.
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Flashaholic*

Just an observation.. have you noticed the Corgi bumping into furniture and walls (-;

TN40 has shallower and wider reflectors= large filled hotspot, less coronal, wide spill.
    X65 has deeper and narrower reflectors = smaller hotspot, large corona, smaller spill.

I like beam profile of large and shallow reflectors.

So in general terms, you prefer high output flooders with some throw, over high output throwers with some flood? Would that be accurate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast