ArmyTek        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acebeam X65vn Mini - Best Value Thrower Searchlight R

Default Re: Acebeam X65vn Mini - Best Value Thrower Searchlight R

I wouldnít consider the tn40svn as a high output flooder with throw. Itís still got some serious throw. So if the x65vn was categorized as a high output thrower with flood, the tn40svn is the same. But a high output flooder with throw is super fun as well. I would highly recommend the https://skylumen.com/collections/v54...12389429149719
    what a great light that is highly unknown or talked about here in the subforum.

I donít think you can go wrong with either high output thrower. Tn40svn Or x65vn mini. But if you havenít gotten either one yet....you guys are totally missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    So in general terms, you prefer high output flooders with some throw, over high output throwers with some flood? Would that be accurate?
    This is getting really wordy now but I shall then rephrase this as:
    So in general terms, you prefer high output throwers with some flood that are floody, over high output throwers with some flood that are throwy.

From now on I will be getting my Acebeams at retail prices. Likely Amazon or Ebay. My future prices will be higher accordingly. All my Acebeam lights will have serial removed.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

An interesting discussion has been launched about this light in another location on the World Wide Web. The topic is about heat sinking and heat removal.

Question: Do the original stock factory X65 and X65 mini heads have differences in mass? We can see the differences in fins between the two heads, but what about weight/mass difference of the two heads?

Also, another question: Vinh, do you offer different levels of boosting for this light?

That is, do you offer this light with your driver and very little boost, and moderately more boost and also, if requested, much more boost?

If yes, in both versions, or just the original maxi version?

Another question: if the X65 is going to be significantly boosted, or offered with higher performance emitters, would not the original head be preferred over the mini head, if the original head has more mass?

Especially the original maxi version, if higher performance emitters can be offered, if the original maxi head has more mass?

And, are the different heads and the different battery supplys interchangeable?
    Last edited by richbuff; 04-25-2020 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Added another/more question(s).
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

I've noticed that all the weights list for the X65 include the battery (1290 grams) while all the weights listed for the X65 mini are for the naked light (587 grams). 8 x 18650's weigh a little less than 400 grams, which if you added that weight to the X65 mini, still comes up 300 grams lighter than the X65. Some of that weight is in the additional battery tube but probably not 300 grams worth. I suspect that the X65 head is 4-6oz or 113-170 grams heavier. Perhaps someone who owns both can weight the heads. The X65 does have more and deeper heat fins.

Thanks, Patriot, for your analysis and report. I am going to edit my previous post to add another question.

Flashaholic

Does anyone know how much of a hit you take in output with the Neutral White version vs Cool White?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12