• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X65vn Mini - Best Value Thrower Searchlight R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Still an excellent light. They should have just made this version to begin with.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
cant Believe acebeams output numbers were way off. They listed 12k lumens. Your modded version is 10k lumens.
So was theirs only like 9k from the getgo?
can we get your thoughts on comparing this vs the Tn40svn? Possibly pictures? I wanna know the size difference and how does it compare with the feel of lights in hands. I have the tn40svn and just wondering if the small increase of performance is worth getting a new light.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going from 8700-9000 lumens to 10,000 lumens won't be perceivable at all. Likewise for the throw probably. One extra LED will make it slightly more efficient at lower outputs 2000 lumens or below. This thing looks to have the same head as the X65 full size, which is quoted as 11,200 lumens and 640k lux on Vinh's site, but that product also uses Vinh's fet driver.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh is also using his fet driver in this light as well. So now I'm wondering if this head is smaller than the full size x65.
If this light got 11k and 620k lux, I would upgrade my tn40svn. Probably still won't see a difference in performance tho.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
cant Believe acebeams output numbers were way off. They listed 12k lumens. Your modded version is 10k lumens.
So was theirs only like 9k from the getgo?
can we get your thoughts on comparing this vs the Tn40svn? Possibly pictures? I wanna know the size difference and how does it compare with the feel of lights in hands. I have the tn40svn and just wondering if the small increase of performance is worth getting a new light.

Actually The specs on this light is a bit conservative. I mean I can drive the light closer to X65vn if you guys want. I was just worried about heat as this light has less fins and mass than the X65vn full size.

Factory numbers are high compared to mines yes.

I dont have a TN40Svn in stock but yeah If we drive this Mini to the max like the X65vn full size then the TN40Svn cant match.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh is also using his fet driver in this light as well. So now I'm wondering if this head is smaller than the full size x65.
If this light got 11k and 620k lux, I would upgrade my tn40svn. Probably still won't see a difference in performance tho.

It can do 11K and 620Kcd but it will surely get hotter faster than the X65vn which has more mass and fins.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
XHP35 HI is so inefficient after 2k lumen output anyways I say just keep it at 2k lumen per led. To go from 2000 to 2250 lumens per XHP35 HI you're pumping like a third more current into them.

My understanding is that you are tuning the beam for throw in these lights vs stock? Or is the added throw coming from the driver swap? Or do you simply measure differently and aside from different UI, it's performance numbers are stock?

Super interested in a tuned throwy version...

To everyone here: How does this light/class compare in WOW-factor to a NON-flashlight-enthusiast, versus the following:
TN42vn90
D18vnW1
X80GTvn

Basically Im buying this light and never expect to buy anything comparable in this price range/caliber power light, so I wonder if I should buy something different.

Currently my biggest hitter powerful/pricey lights are the MT18vn Nichia 219c and Skylumen Delta.

Is this X65vn mini the best next and final step towards experiencing all there is in the current flashlight world?

I figured after 1500m throw, anything more is kinda silly... and anything over 10k lumens is just a fire in my hands waiting to burn me...

My fear is buying it, loving it, and never using it, collecting dust, and value depreciates until no one will buy it from me haha. I say this because I've never intended to buy a light that wouldn't fit in a large pocket, and this thing is MASSIVE.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Different measurements from different parties. From my experience, Vinh's numbers for lumen output have always been a little low compared to others, and numbers for lux always a little high.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not only does Vinh tune beam for throw, but he boosts the amps for higher lumens as well. His measurement is just different from acebeams. So if Vinh was to measure a stock version of this light, it would have been less than 10k lumens.
You will not be disappointed in a light of this class. This class is my favorite type of light. The tn40svn is my all time favorite light. If I could only keep one light, the tn40svn would be it. So now, The X 65vn mini comes along and now it will replace my tn40svn. The light isn't huge. I just love the throw and high output combo. It's the most 50/50 type of light imo. So it shines a huge hotspot onto target at a distance.
I have a x65vn mini on the way and will give my thoughts.
The d18vn has the output and size, but not the throw.
The x80gtv is the exact same.
The tn42vn90 is a very close 50/50 light. But it's more on the throw side. If it has 9000 lumens, it would be my all time fav light. But it's double the price.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah there are a couple of hosts that I will probably keep forever for future led swaps because they're so nice. TN40 is one and Fireflies E07 full copper will probably be my second.

Purchased what looks like will be my greatest flashlight ever! X65vn Mini over-driven through the roof!
To be fully loaded with 4xVTC5D cells hehe.

Last edited:
Yup aluminum. They went cheap on the mini.

The weight balance seems more logical without the extra 4 batteries to use aluminum... plus who is going to drop one of these bad boys? Takes a dedicated hand regardless, not the sort of light one would use to bring in the groceries, work on a car, or let a kid play with.

Seems mutually beneficial for savings.