Longbows in the house

analogguy

Enlightened
scan.jpg

(L to R) Mini, Micra, 4+, LSH-S. Just received a Micra and a Mini from Longbow. Haven't had much of a chance to play with them yet...Will try to post beamshots when I get a chance. FYI...Ordered mine with clickie switches. Both have optics, not reflectors. Not sure of what accessories will be available for the two. A quick comparo to my ARCs (with my newbie eyes) shows very little sidespill and beams slightly to the green side of the white beams of the ARCs.

pc_light

Enlightened
Hey Analogguy, permit me to share my first impressions on the Longbow as well. Posted several weeks back on one of 2-3 threads started on the LongBow series - Re: Longbow updates, some pics now..

I've since decided to get a Mini (Black) for comparison as well. I'd say its the same overall build and beam quality, which is quite substantial. Pretty good relative value considering how much good lights cost us here in Singapore. Unfortunately, for the Mini the driver is not regulated as it is with the Micra (I say unfortunate because I'm partial to regulated output), I'm told its a resistored design. But its supposed to yield 2X the runtime with about the same brightness. I don't really understand the specs about 1.6W (Micra) versus 3W (Mini). I don't have a light meter; but combined with the variability of Luxeons I'd say they apprear to my untrained eye to be approximately the same, which is to say bright!

I will likewise post some follow-up impressions of the Mini when I get a chance. Its rarely that we get our hands on a light first over on this side of the pond.

pc_light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

<font color="blue"> See also... [ QUOTE ]
You can find the runtime of Micra on my LongBow Micra page -- KJ

[/ QUOTE ]
or this awesome Japan based Flashlight Forum for wonderful photos and data.</font>

(My apologies up front if I've breached any Forum etiquette by referencing other threads/sites/members, without their permission.)