Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDC Basic 60

Default Re: EDC Basic 60

What happens when you screw the battery compartment without the spring? Are you getting a few seconds of light ?

Just checked. I get nothing. No light at all.

Something is wrong with your tube, are the contacts clean, etc ?

Yes. It looks new.

It might be the contact between the switch cap and the tube, or the switch and the cap (inside). Try putting it together without the switch cap, and short between the negative of the battery and the end of the tube. If you get a flash, bingo! You might have to take out the switch, by unscrewing the retaining ring with a small pair of needlenose pliers. Then clean contacts between the switch and the cap/retaining ring. A light sanding on the end of the battery tube often does wonders for me, too.

I’ll try the sanding. Quick question. If the switch works fine on a 16650 tube it shouldn’t be an issue with the switch, right?

Right, but I was not sure if you were using the same switch. The Basic 60 original tube has the switch glued tight, so you need a different switch when you change tubes - that generation of accessory tubes included the switch. But a Novatac tube always has a removable switch. If you are transferring the same switch between the tubes, then that proves the switch internals are working. By the way, I mentioned the switch fix because I got a 2xAA Novatac DOA, and the cause was some sealer on the switch board preventing contact inside the tailcap. Easy fix once I figured out the source of the problem.

Got it. I appreciate it. I'm not that technical so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I think at this point Hogo's suggestion is the best option.......

I haven't tried the brass bar yet, but I don't think it will work.

Got it. I appreciate it. I'm not that technical so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I think at this point Hogo's suggestion is the best option.......

I haven't tried the brass bar yet, but I don't think it will work.

Yep it got to be your spring.i made the mistake of taking my AA tube off once and it literally took me days to get it to work right again. I stretched it out a good 1/2 inch then had to keep compression it till it worked right.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12