EDC Basic 60

scout24

Flashaholic
Ledmuseum.net has the UI flow chart for tthe Ultimate 60. If you do the 250 click to make it an "ultimate", you can access the options menu. 7th item in that menu should enable momentary. (Long flash, short flash.)

Option menu is 10 clicks from off (until light stays on). Menu items selected by holding button down until light turns off.

Last edited:

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it! 250 clicks and hold gets into the brightness menu. 250 clicks and no hold gets you into the options menu. Now my thumb is tired..... but I have momentary now.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this topic now has it's own thread, I'll ask a tangential question. What was the logic behind choosing 250 as the number of clicks for entering the programming menu? It would be both arbitrary and excessive unless there were a special significance.

Always wondered. Thanks.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm thinking it was so no one could get to it by accident. Don't forgot the Ultimate Models were top of the line and back then rather expensive. The basic model was much cheaper. If it was set for like ten clicks the secret would of been out from the beginning and HDs would not of sold any Ultimate lights.

Lithium466

Enlightened
I always thought it was more 256 clicks than 250, maybe to overload some kind of electronic buffer (does this even makes sense ?).
Or simply as stated so it couldn't be selected by accident.

One of my car has something like that, after 128 startup without default present, check engine light will switch off (if a problem was previously detected). Very rudimentary electronic in this car.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever the purpose I'm glad its there. I really prefer momentary. My best guess to why its there is for ease of production. Probably easier to have the same driver etc and shut off the features than to have two separate setups. My question is, how was it discovered. No way someone clicked 250 times by accident.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry made it 250 clicks so it wouldn't be found... at least by accident, and as Thermal Guy said, knowing it was out there would have stopped a lot of sales of the Ultimate. It wasn't discovered until the NT hit the scene and Henry was making twisties under "Ra Lights".

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ledmuseum.net has the UI flow chart for tthe Ultimate 60. If you do the 250 click to make it an "ultimate", you can access the options menu. 7th item in that menu should enable momentary. (Long flash, short flash.)

Option menu is 10 clicks from off (until light stays on). Menu items selected by holding button down until light turns off.

Just to clarify, you can not "make a Basic into an Ultimate". You will never have the 10-click access to the Options menu, it will ALWAYS take 250 clicks to change anything on a Basic.

Now, the Novatac lights you could "crack" with 250 clicks and turn on programming, and then unless you do a factory reset, you will have the "120P" programmable interface.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
New question. I have an old AA tube that I actually think is a novatac. Why would it not work with a Novatac or an edc basic. The 16650 tube I have works fine. Thanks!

Lithium466

Enlightened
It will work, just do a battery detect reset.
Runtime on high is generally lowish before stepping down, but then runtime is good.