Acebeam        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

Default Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

Am calm. I just want this to be as normal as possible just Copper light no other "special" metal? Or anything like that..

I was planning to buy 2-3 of these if I like them and the price is good but now I don't know
    Last edited by Nichia!; 07-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

Yeah, i was also hoping it will be around brass/bronze price but thatís the way it is.
    Look at those 18650 rotary tubes, like they are made in Mordor by the Sauron
    This is HDS, only the best and i wouldnít accept anything less

Nichia: Anytime a new light is released of a variety of brands, your first post is to jump up and down and complain that it isnít what YOU want. Well guess what? You donít have to buy it. This is what is being offered, take it or leave it, but whining that everyone is not making exactly the lights and options you want is wearing thin. If it doesnít interest you, move along. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    ...and another quote out to a another machinist... who happens to make their own lights and does excellent work.
    Would this particular machinist be in California? If the machinist is who I think he is, he also makes some seriously awesome pocket clips, ahem, even ones that fit HDS executives... Would be amazing to see a collaboration between the two brands. Am I hot or cold on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Am calm. I just want this to be as normal as possible just Copper light no other "special" metal? Or anything like that..

I was planning to buy 2-3 of these if I like them and the price is good but now I don't know
    If it makes you guys feel any better I wonít be able to even dream about this one. Brass was the last shot I had and it came down to a choice of which was more important. My collecting days are finished at this point but hey good luck to all that get one of these.
    Donít Tread On Me

Iím interested.

At that price point I'm out also. Can't wait to see how they turn out though.

Flashaholic*

Iím just surprised you found people to cut beryllium. Itíll fry your lungs. Safe as a solid of course but the dust is awful.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Nichia: Anytime a new light is released of a variety of brands, your first post is to jump up and down and complain that it isnít what YOU want. Well guess what? You donít have to buy it. This is what is being offered, take it or leave it, but whining that everyone is not making exactly the lights and options you want is wearing thin. If it doesnít interest you, move along. Thanks.

Everyone here can say whatever they want as long as they do not say anything bad or violate the rules!!

Don't follow me just because you don't like me!! And monitoring every comment I post!!

Am not breaking any the rules here. Am saying what in my mind and probably what's in most people mind who's interested in this light!

I like HDS and I want to buy more of these lights.

SO YES AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED.

It's
    FREE WORLD AND WE SAY ANYTHING WE WANT HERE AS LONG AS ITS NOT AGAINST THE RULES.

I LIKE HDS!

well , you certainly don't speak for me Nichia!.
    it's never been in my mind to be " probably " concerned of the cost.
    Malkoff Devices MD2 M61T, JetE17A Red AAA.

Flashaholic*

Since Hogo wrote depending on the interest it may be a "split run"...

...i'd be in for an Executive run, a split run or a Rotary run, what meany I am in no matter what run it will be

I like this special material HDS lights, even if my Bronze HDS does not patina at all. It seems to dry at my home. Maybe I need to flood my apartment everyday with the watering can to get a nice patina?
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Iím just surprised you found people to cut beryllium. Itíll fry your lungs. Safe as a solid of course but the dust is awful.
    This right here would seem to justify increased cost. Waste materials from cutting/grinding/polishing beryllium copper are pretty dangerous from all my reading. Safety precautions are the same as working with an extremely virulent pathogen.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Would this particular machinist be in California? If the machinist is who I think he is, he also makes some seriously awesome pocket clips, ahem, even ones that fit HDS executives... Would be amazing to see a collaboration between the two brands. Am I hot or cold on this one?
    Cold. Not in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    That figures into it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by C3H5N3O9 View Post
    This right here would seem to justify increased cost. Waste materials from cutting/grinding/polishing beryllium copper are pretty dangerous from all my reading. Safety precautions are the same as working with an extremely virulent pathogen.
    Yep, I always figured if I killed a machinist, it would more up close and personal.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

What about using the natural ha for the anniversary light? Otherwise I'm fine with standard copper. I don't think I'm interested in spending more than i paid for the titanium; that one was hard to swallow as it was.

I think an anniversary light should be made more affordable so that all hds fans have a good chance to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    What about using the natural ha for the anniversary light? Otherwise I'm fine with standard copper. I don't think I'm interested in spending more than i paid for the titanium; that one was hard to swallow as it was.

I think an anniversary light should be made more affordable so that all hds fans have a good chance to get one.
    THIS^^^^

Sent from Tapatalk

HA=ďHds AnniversaryĒ

Flashaholic*

At all a Beryllium Copper light is very tempting. I still hope the price will be "acceptable". But the idea making a more affordable HDS for the HDS Anniversary is a good idea I guess.

In one of my postings I told the story of the Surefire Pen in Pink and the Surefire titan in Pink. Between the Pen and the Titan light were 2 or 3 years, but the anodization matches really 1:1. I do not know how the Surefire contractor did this but it really matched. And at the time the Pen got the anodization the Surefire Titan AAA light in black was not even in the Surefire Catalog. Therefore this pieces were not from the same bar of aluminium not in the samt tank of chemistry.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

BeCu is a great idea and an alloy worthy of the tenth anniversary edition. Whether or not I can afford it or not...Iíll make it work me way or the other...after some quick research, it seems that BeCu can be machined easily while its soft and will retain the machining after being hardened by heat to a desired hardness...and it can be hardened to rival high grade steel alloys.
    Any thoughts having knurling cut a bit deeper on this, like the original Ti clicky?That would look great.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    .... In one of my postings I told the story of the Surefire Pen in Pink and the Surefire titan in Pink. Between the Pen and the Titan light were 2 or 3 years, but the anodization matches really 1:1. I do not know how the Surefire contractor did this but it really matched. And at the time the Pen got the anodization the Surefire Titan AAA light in black was not even in the Surefire Catalog. Therefore this pieces were not from the same bar of aluminium not in the samt tank of chemistry.
    Weren't those Type II , not Type III ?

I think the chemistry used to anodize for bright color dyes is different than that for "natural" hard-anodizing
    ... is the archimedes peak

Hogo, have you given any thought to a run of stainless steel lights, either as anniversary lights or just as another special run?

Quote Originally Posted by troutpool View Post
    Hogo, have you given any thought to a run of stainless steel lights, either as anniversary lights or just as another special run?
    In fact, I have. I'm tired of rifle bullets penetrating the battery tube of my HDS lights. I'm thinking AR500 steel.

All kidding aside, I have been giving stainless some thought, but it will probably be awhile before I can make that happen. A Henry "two weeks" or more.
    I play with dead things

Good, glad to hear stainless is being considered.

Stainless would actually be within reach for several of us... not sure if I could even swing stainless or better yet blackened stainless but I d certainly have a whack at it. Copper as much as it sounds great just isnít possible for this critter.
    Donít Tread On Me

BeCu C173 in a hardened state.
    Just got off the phone with the machinist again.

I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post

Truer words have never been spoken😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Everyone here can say whatever they want as long as they do not say anything bad or violate the rules!!

Don't follow me just because you don't like me!! And monitoring every comment I post!!

Am not breaking any the rules here. Am saying what in my mind and probably what's in most people mind who's interested in this light!

I like HDS and I want to buy more of these lights.

SO YES AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED.

It's
    FREE WORLD AND WE SAY ANYTHING WE WANT HERE AS LONG AS ITS NOT AGAINST THE RULES.

I LIKE HDS!
    There's a big difference between breaking the rules and what's known as "reading the room". Let me tell you how well typing in caps lock goes. Please take a deep breath. Here in HDS and elsewhere. Please remember staff is here to keep some sembelance of order.

PS- Did you see the pic where the metal is already cut? Guess what? I, and I'm sure many others, would have loved a Ti, brass, etc from the special runs that already occured. Me? Couldn't swing it right now. They were expensive. And there were few made. Most here were happy for those who scored, everyone had a polite opinion as to materials, costs, etc. At the end of the day it's Henry and Hogo's decision. I challenge you to name another brand with as much interaction here and listening to customer's imput. Let's work to try to keep it that way.
    Last edited by scout24; 07-12-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

BeCu C173 in a hardened state.
    Just got off the phone with the machinist again.

Oh sweet Jesus, iím gonna be selling my children after all

That is a pretty picture... 😁
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

OH WAIT!!!

That was a stock photo of BeCu C173. Just so folks could get an idea of the color... and use their imaginations.

Currently, the cost would be a base of $1050 in a presale. I'm still not happy with that, so I was on the phone again today with the machinist. He will be revising his quote down and hopefully I will have it Monday. I really didn't want them more than the titanium, so I am trying to use my best negotiating skills (in the past it was simply "do what I say or go to jail"... so this is new for me). It's a little game between the machinist and myself...

We shall see.

There does appear to be enough interest here and elsewhere, so it looks like it should eventually go through.

Most likely will go like the other special material runs did with a presale then the remainder going live.

We still get at least one email a week from someone wanting to buy a titanium, bronze, or brass light.
    I play with dead things

Default Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

We still get at least one email a week from someone wanting to buy a titanium, bronze, or brass light.
    Are you saying there might be some extra of these...?...2 weeks later...?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast