Acebeam        
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Default Re: Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Quote Originally Posted by blitzlicht65 View Post
    ...are the Samsung SDW55 sold out or is there a chance to get one in a BeCu?
    I you want you can visit a BeCu at my location with SDW55, seems we are in the same area.

And Hogo is right the difference is not as big, but noticeable. It is a quite nice option for "High Noon" (SDV50) or "3'o clock" replacement (SDW55). The Samsung "High noon" and "3'o clock" light colors are nearer together 5000K and ~5500K, the originals are at 5000K and 5700K.

In a few weeks (I do not mentioned if Hogo weeks or Henry weeks ) I will update my big HDS LED color compare that I did ~2-3 years ago like I mentioned in an other posting.
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 04-15-2021 at 04:03 AM. Reason: typos--, added text
    "It makes me feel great! Smarter! More aggressive! I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!" (Purple Tentacle)

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    The electronics in the head are also improved.
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
    In what way?
    components and the way in which they are put together.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

When did the improvement in the head components take place? Any noticeable changes from a user perspective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by neco View Post
    When did the improvement in the head components take place? Any noticeable changes from a user perspective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    These happen quite frequently but nothing the end user is ever going to notice.
    It was one of the reasons for the delay in getting the BeCu out the door as we wanted the newest engine in it put together by our new vendor.
    I play with dead things

Well I order one. Now waiting for the ss release.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

Will the overruns that are being ordered right now have serial numbers? Will they be sequenced in order of the place orders?
    How many total BECU lights do you estimate will be made and sold?

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    Will the overruns that are being ordered right now have serial numbers? Will they be sequenced in order of the place orders?
    How many total BECU lights do you estimate will be made and sold?
    Yes, they are all serial numbered and Henry ships them in the order that they are ordered (sometimes checking it down to the second! LOL!)

There were about (I can get the actual number tomorrow) 70 BeCu. We had only ordered 50 but I think I mentioned before, the machinist went hog wild and made a bunch of extra sets. Apparently this was due to the fact of how he had to buy the raw material in rather long rods.... and probably also knowing that I wouldn't say no. He also makes extra in case there are rejects (which there always are some). Then at HDS we won't sell them all. We keep some sets back so that if there is a warranty issue years from now, we can deal with it without having a very expensive single part machined... don't ask how we learned this! ugh!
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    There were about (I can get the actual number tomorrow) 70 BeCu. We had only ordered 50 but I think I mentioned before, the machinist went hog wild and made a bunch of extra sets.
    Sounds to me like the BeCu run is as large as the Titanium run was.

When I have better weather I will do some better outdoor compare shots with BeCu / Titanium / Brass / Bronze and soon Stainless steel (currently in LA doing sightseeing). Than I hope everyone can see how great this little babies are! Would be a pity if noone wants this BeCu's.

I am currently ... therefore no additional BeCu for me even if a BeCu with SDV30 would be tempting. Maybe if Hogo starts with the "Buy one BeCu and get a second for free sale!"
    "It makes me feel great! Smarter! More aggressive! I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!" (Purple Tentacle)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Maybe if Hogo starts with the "Buy one BeCu and get a second for free sale!"
    I'll hoard these for myself! LOL!
    Several have sold already and we are not concerned about having them stay here for some time.
    We still get about a request a month for a titanium Rotary... and even the other special metals.
    I play with dead things

Each day finds me more super excited about getting my BECU and wondering what serial number will have. If it goes up to 70, I would like 63 or 69. I've always liked multiples of three.
    Then there is the holster Dan is making for me for inside pocket card. Kind of a mystery until I see it. It will be a wonderful surprise. His work is always perfect for the task at hand. I have one Hogo Holster for each of my HDS babies. I'm hoping the one for BECU is beautiful. I could not afford exotic leather so I asked Dan to do his best with what he had.
    Kind of a a surprise.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213