Malkoff        
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Default Re: Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Than is there no difference to the HDS Rotaries with the cut knurling?
    There will be a difference but not noticable as on ti clicky.

Flashaholic*

@Hogo
    Is there a final date for the pre-order?
    And how much BeCus are planned in total?
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

@Hogo
    Is there a final date for the pre-order?
    And how much BeCus are planned in total?
    April 5th at midnight Tucson time.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

How many of these beauties have been presold so far? I know I was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AR_Shorty View Post
    How many of these beauties have been presold so far? I know I was one of them.
    I don't know the current count. I will have to ask Henry on Monday. The only number I was concerned with was 20, and that was made very quickly... that was the magic number.
    I play with dead things

Flashaholic*

Good to hear we reached the magic 20!

My hope is the Lights are ready end of November. At the Moment I do not have a christmas gift for myself.

Flashaholic*

It is over.....!

Hope everyone gets a BeCu! I can not wait to see the first pictures of the parts. (Yes I know it will take some time. And in the current situation it may even take some more time).

@Hogo
    How many BeCus will be made in total, and how many BeCus are pre ordered. It is always interesting to have this numbers. (I still think about making a thread with all the interesting facts about the special metal runs, including serial# registry....)

@Hogo
    How many BeCus will be made in total, and how many BeCus are pre ordered. It is always interesting to have this numbers. (I still think about making a thread with all the interesting facts about the special metal runs, including serial# registry....)
    If you include Henry and myself, 25.
    Henry and I were discussing how many extra to make this morning. Taking into account the uncertainty of the times... and my personal opinion that I don't care as long as I get one... sorry. I'm being selfish... it is still something we are discussing.

There will not be a stainless steel run anytime in the near future. Corona killed it. Blame Wuhan. Blame the constitution getting tossed out the window. Blame me. Blame rampant panic. I don't care who you blame, but it is a no-go until I can stock up on toilet paper again.

As a side note...
    We haven't gotten the new emitters tested... that will still take a bit.
    I did order a tiny amount of Nichia SW30, SW35, SW40, and SW45 for those who pre-ordered BeCu. More choices for you guys.
    I play with dead things

SW45, yes please!!!
    4500k XPL RD BOSS • 2700k HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS • SW45 HDS (Bare Al) Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 •

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    SW45, yes please!!!
    Yes sir! LOL!
    I try to make the magic happen!
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I did order a tiny amount of Nichia SW30, SW35, SW40, and SW45 for those who pre-ordered BeCu. More choices for you guys.
    Thanks Hogo! This is great news! Love the SW40. I have never seen a Samsung high CRI 5000k but I’m looking forward to hear the test results on that one.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks for the update Hogo! Interested to hear what people choose, great range of LED color temp you are offering. Choices are difficult...

Flashaholic*

If you include Henry and myself, 25.
    Henry and I were discussing how many extra to make this morning. Taking into account the uncertainty of the times... and my personal opinion that I don't care as long as I get one... sorry. I'm being selfish... it is still something we are discussing.
    I guess in the current situation, and also in the near future thate makes absolutely sense to me. But 25 is a cool number!

There will not be a stainless steel run anytime in the near future. Corona killed it. Blame Wuhan. Blame the constitution getting tossed out the window. Blame me. Blame rampant panic.
    That is also perfect. I think we all understand that planning and doing everything to make a special run possible, therefore a special run that can not be processed due to lack of interest is waste of time. Maybe the idea doing only one special metal run per year could be an idea. I remember the times when Bras, BRonze and Titanium were coming almost at the same time. My bank account was aching... but there is still no regret since this lights are that great...

I don't care who you blame, but it is a no-go until I can stock up on toilet paper again.
    And what is the lesson we learned from this....? In WWI the currency was gold, cigaretts, alcohol. In the WWII the currency was gold, cigaretts, alcohol. During a pandemic spreading virus the currency is toilet paper.

That sounds great! Does that mean the people who ordered a BeCu may contact Henry for ths final LED selection or will you give us an "official go"?

That sounds great! Does that mean the people who ordered a BeCu may contact Henry for ths final LED selection or will you give us an "official go"?
    I will let you know when it is time to pick an emitter or change an emitter. I want to get these other new ones tested first so folks know what they do on the sphere.

I actually I haven't been to a store since this thing started... well, the liquor store but that hardly counts as I didn't have to go but just wanted a case of Corona. My normal everyday life has a name... it's called "quarantine" so this hasn't actually effected me in any way. Technically, I wouldn't have to leave my house for a year and I would still be ok. I learned a good lesson in 1995 when living in Japan and have never forgotten it.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 04-06-2020 at 11:27 PM.
    I play with dead things

I will let you know when it is time to pick an emitter or change an emitter. I want to get these other new ones tested first so folks know what they do on the sphere.

I actually I haven't been to a store since this thing started... well, the liquor store but that hardly counts as I didn't have to go but just wanted a case of Corona. My normal everyday life has a name... it's called "quarantine" so this hasn't actually effected me in any way. Technically, I wouldn't have to leave my house for a year and I would still be ok. I learned a good lesson in 1995 when living in Japan and have never forgotten it.
    Was not aware you were over there in 95. The earthquake coupled with the rice shortages the prior year made for a lesson that unfortunately many have not heeded. Props sir.
    Current 24/7 (2019) primary- HDS Rotary 325 long Cree XP-G3 5000K; secondary - HDS Rotary High Noon Nichia 219c; HDS Rotary 219b 3500k 9080; HDS Brass; HDS TI; HDS UV; Past: JETBeam Raptor; Other: Malkoff Converted Surefire 6p 6z and Fenix, Olight, JETBeam, Surefire, Thrunite, www.AestheticPhotos.com

Flashaholic*

I hope at least the SW30 will also be available later for aluminium HDS lights. In the history of HDS there were only the 219C SW27 and SW30 that was really warm. All other choices were 3500K and above.
    The 219B would be a chance getting a really warm white HDS light. At all the decision on ordering a few 291B HiCRI LEDs is a good idea. They were quite popular. At least was this my feeling that almost everyone found a 291B LED that was good from the personal preferences...

Yes I have always liked the 219B 4500K as my first HDS 170N Rotary had this emitter but it wasn’t the high CRI version. I chose the 219B 4000K for my Bronze and that’s quite nice but there’s something about the 4500K that I like that little bit more, I think lol.

Quote Originally Posted by d13avo View Post
    Yes I have always liked the 219B 4500K as my first HDS 170N Rotary had this emitter but it wasn’t the high CRI version. I chose the 219B 4000K for my Bronze and that’s quite nice but there’s something about the 4500K that I like that little bit more, I think lol.
    Wait, what there is 219b 4500k that isn't hcri? How much cri does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Sparky View Post
    Wait, what there is 219b 4500k that isn't hcri? How much cri does it have?
    I believe ~87-88.

Yeah somewhere in that vicinity. Still it’s a very very nice led - the rotary 170N is one of my absolute favourites!

Nichia SW30, SW35, SW40, and SW45
    great options!

Default Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

I’m waiting for 351D test results. We need to move on folks...
    E21 emitters are more efficient than 219B and better CRI and throw...just sayin’

EDIT: i completely agree with my man jon_slider up there but i just wanted to “expand horizons” to the guys who are not familiar with other stuff
    Last edited by id30209; 04-10-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Is E21 suitable for this? I have one in a Sofirn AAA and it’s great but I had the impression they’re unsuitable for larger lights....not sure where I got that.
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Default Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

They are amazing up to 2A

They are completly different format and i don’t see them comin’ but you never know...
    There were some predictions for the next decade so.....

Thanks for that, I also wish the Optisolis could be configured to work in a reflector based light. I picked up a Virence Jetusolis a while ago and that tint and CRI is the best I’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    .... I picked up a Virence Jetusolis a while ago and that tint and CRI is the best I’ve had.
    Remarkable, aren't they
    ... is the archimedes peak

Oh yes...I sometimes think I wouldn’t really care if the beam was mis-shaped or whatever...the light it produces is indeed...remarkable!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    the light it produces is indeed...remarkable!
    great LEDs, but not XP footprint so not HDS compatible..

curious what color temperature Optisolis you enjoy

I just sold my 6500k Optisolis, it was too cool for my preferences.

I have been comparing E21a (also not XP footprint) to 219b

I was not able to tolerate the ring between the hotspot and spill, in this 3500k E21a beam, even though I really liked the color rendering, color temperature, and tint.

so I changed it to this 219b 3000k 9080:

I am much happier with the quality of the beam from the 219b 3000k 9080, and I love the color and tint, recommended, for those that want a Warm High CRI LED.

E21 needs to go higher into reflector (few 0.something mm) than other emitters to eliminate hotspot/corona issue.
    Other than that they have output similar to XPG2 or even XPG3 at the same current, tight beam and hi cri.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast