HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 61

Thread: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

  1. #31

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Thank you so much for sharing your observations thus far! Super excited for your next post!!!

  2. #32

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    My initial impressions continued: Night time:

    First glance at the reflector of the R90TS looks like a flooder, because of so many emitters. But, the beam really is a throw beam, not flood beam. The kicker is that it is a very high lumen throw beam, and a wider than X65 throw beam.

    Think X65 beam profile, but the main beam is not as narrow. Shine the X65 down the street a few blocks, and then the R90TS; the R90TS will clearly show similar beam profile, but some more main beam width.

    Of course, the X65 beam profile/performance is very impressive, but finally, after two and a half years, Imalent has this light with beam profile/performance that is more impressiver!

    So, unless there is something else out there that I am not aware of, I would rate this as King of the high output throwers.
    Imalent R90TS. MS18. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    My initial impressions continued: Night time:

    First glance at the reflector of the R90TS looks like a flooder, because of so many emitters. But, the beam really is a throw beam, not flood beam. The kicker is that it is a very high lumen throw beam, and a wider than X65 throw beam.

    Think X65 beam profile, but the main beam is not as narrow. Shine the X65 down the street a few blocks, and then the R90TS; the R90TS will clearly show similar beam profile, but some more main beam width.

    Of course, the X65 beam profile/performance is very impressive, but finally, after two and a half years, Imalent has this light with beam profile/performance that is more impressiver!

    So, unless there is something else out there that I am not aware of, I would rate this as King of the high output throwers.
    Now, if they would just drop the battery pack and fan, make a R90TS Mini with a 4x battery carrier, 25k lumens, slightly less throw... for $250-300, Iím in!

  4. #34

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Now, if they would just drop the battery pack and fan, make a R90TS Mini with a 4x battery carrier, 25k lumens, slightly less throw... for $250-300, Iím in!

    You want a GT4. Although GT4 is even larger. You can't get 25k lumens with only slightly less throw without having a large head with lots of reflector surface area.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    You want a GT4. Although GT4 is even larger. You can't get 25k lumens with only slightly less throw without having a large head with lots of reflector surface area.
    You are correct, I want a GT4 shorty!! Iíve been following that (seemingly dead) thread for months now, eagerly hoping for an update that it is in production for sales/discount codes.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    4x and 8x 21700 battery carriers and tubes would be great for this light. Regardless of quality, the disposable nature of sealed battery packs has probably lost them a few sales. The fan should stay, in my opinion, but have a fully manual setting. Quiet operation when needed, as well as the option to run the fan at lower, but still hot, outputs. MS18 would benefit from this as well.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    I got the big package from Vinh Tuesday, July 16.

    My two comparison/reference lights are X65Vn for beam profile comparison, and X45Vn 70.2 OP for lumens comparison.

    Size: Length is similar to X65, battery pack length is almost the same length as X65 pack, but a little thicker: 2.2 in./59mm diameter battery pack, versus 1.9 in./48mm diameter battery pack for the X65, due to 21700 40T batteries, versus 18650 batteries for the X65. R90T head diameter is 129mm, X65 head diameter is 109mm, so this is a big head light, needed to get top beam performance.

    Weight: Battery pack feels only a little heavier than X65 pack, head feels significantly heavier than X65 head.

    Likes, initial daytime out of box:

    My first like is that it has earned Vinhs' general and specific approvals, and the specimen in my hands has been tested by Vinh, before he shipped it to me.

    8 power modes: 7 normal modes plus Turbo, so no shortage of power modes to choose from.

    White wall hunting: beam has nice defined hot spot, transitions are small/gradual, all white, no yellow or purple or blue.

    No battery rattle in handle.

    Lots of shiny copper parts can be seen when looking in through the fan intake/exhaust ports. Lots of shiny copper heat dissipating fins can be seen inside.

    Simple UI is a Like for me. When I am in the mood for ultra giga tera advanced UI, I can configure for such in my Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd.

    Bathroom (small, white) ceiling bounce check: Versus X45Vn at 25,000 lumens: 35,000 lumens is 40% more than 25,000 lumens, and subjective brightness increase appears to be about 15% brighter than the X45Vn. That rates as a Like for me; negligible/no noticeably brighter bathroom would have been a not like.

    White kitchen refrigerator hunting: subjective brightness increase appears to be about 20% brighter than the X45Vn. The bounce from the white metal refrigerator does overload the eyes a lot more than the X45vn.

    I did not see any lens fog. Fan noise level is ok.

    Subjective build quality appears to be nice.

    First glance at the reflector of the R90TS looks like a flooder, because of so many emitters. But, the beam really is a throw beam, not flood beam. The kicker is that it is a very high lumen throw beam, and a wider than the X65 throw beam.

    Think X65 beam profile, but the main beam is not as narrow. Aim the X65 down the street a few blocks, and then the R90TS; the R90TS will clearly show similar beam profile, but some more main beam width. Single emitter thrower, such as TN42, has very narrow beam width, next, the X65 has a wider beam than the single emitter TN42; next, the R90TS has more beam width than the X65.

    This light is bigger, but it does have a beam profile/beam performance that is more than the X65 beam. This is very impressive!

    So, unless there is something else out there that I am not aware of, I would rate this as King of the high output throwers!
    Imalent R90TS. MS18. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  8. #38
    Flashaholic* MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,090

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Nice write up rich!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,743

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    4x and 8x 21700 battery carriers and tubes would be great for this light. Regardless of quality, the disposable nature of sealed battery packs has probably lost them a few sales. The fan should stay, in my opinion, but have a fully manual setting. Quiet operation when needed, as well as the option to run the fan at lower.
    I completely agree on all points. I no longer purchase lights with proprietary packs. Every, single one of them that I've owned from Polarion, to Fenix, to Olight have gone dead on me far too quickly. The fan should be ramp-able or at least have enough steps (8-10 minimum) so that one could get the exact cooling and fan noise desired.

  10. #40
    Flashaholic HIDSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    That annoying fan would make me want to throw it off a bridge! Not to mention it totally takes away any "Tactical stance" anyone had cause ur heard a 100 feet away.....
    TK75vn70.2, GladiatorVN, Eagletac MX25L4VN, Thrunite TN36, EagleTac MX25L3C, Olight SR96, Olight SR95S, Microfire K3500, Wolf-Eyes K500, AE PL24, Surefire G2Z Combat light.

  11. #41
    Flashaholic HIDSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    So, unless there is something else out there that I am not aware of, I would rate this as King of the high output throwers!
    BLF GTvn throws WAYYYYY further than that! But its an ugly toilet plunger so pointless I guess.
    TK75vn70.2, GladiatorVN, Eagletac MX25L4VN, Thrunite TN36, EagleTac MX25L3C, Olight SR96, Olight SR95S, Microfire K3500, Wolf-Eyes K500, AE PL24, Surefire G2Z Combat light.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Even a 5k output from CFT90 in the GT would be considered low output next to the 30k lumens output by the R90TS. GT4 will be more comparable.

  13. #43
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,743

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Haha! Yes, and fortunately most of the people on this forum know what it meant by "high output throwers" although sometimes I wonder if the term, multi-LED throwers would be more specific to the category.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by HIDSGT View Post
    That annoying fan would make me want to throw it off a bridge! Not to mention it totally takes away any "Tactical stance" anyone had cause ur heard a 100 feet away.....
    Lemme know where/when, so I can catch it. I want another one, for my other hand; I still have two, it has not been chewed off yet by the vicious dogs that run the streets in my fair town of Prescott, Az. I might as well enjoy it by putting a second specimen of this high output "multi-LED thrower" in it.

    Fan noise? My neighbors' at-large ambush attack dogs can already hear me way before I can hear them, even when I am walking down the street quietly.
    Imalent R90TS. MS18. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  15. #45

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Even a 5k output from CFT90 in the GT would be considered low output next to the 30k lumens output by the R90TS. GT4 will be more comparable.
    Are high (R90TS high) output throwers significantly more impressive and jaw-dropping to use than CFT90 4-6k high output throwers? Or are they equal in the sense of being floored? I ask because I think I am leaning more towards a ultra throw CFT90 now instead of a 10k+ lumen monster thrower

  16. #46
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Mostly California
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Are high (R90TS high) output throwers significantly more impressive and jaw-dropping to use than CFT90 4-6k high output throwers? Or are they equal in the sense of being floored? I ask because I think I am leaning more towards a ultra throw CFT90 now instead of a 10k+ lumen monster thrower
    That's subjective. The R90TS lights up a *much* larger area, at actually useful distances, than a BLF GT CFT90. The latter is impressive as a lightsaber, but not really useful until you're at optics needed kind of ranges.

    So, to a light nut: depends on their particular sensibilities as to which is "more impressive". To a random observer: I'd bet on the R90TS being "more impressive".

  17. #47

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    I actually think a random observer would be more wowed by an ultra long range light saber. Even my 220 lumen W30 impressed people way more than my 12K lumen D18

  18. #48
    Flashaholic* Glenn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia (the butt end of oz)
    Posts
    1,555

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    This is just my little opinion/rant so excuse me.

    I'm finding it funny that there is what seems an uptake in the interest in multi emitter lights. They have been around for such a long time - the only differance is build quality optics/reflector depth for more throw. To only name one brand Ultrafire probably nearly 10 years ago had lots of 5-18x led's that put out anywhere up to 20,000 lumens and had no heat issues because of mass and can be had for about $50 - or you could buy an Acebeam X80GT starting at 6x the price and probably after step down from size/mass would put out not much more lumens, but nobody was interested in them it seemed and not just because of qualty issues, it was that not many wanted flooders as they were not as much of a wow factor for distance. I know people that have had Ultrafire's for the last 5-6+ years with no problems to this day and use them every second day thinking and not knowing any differance.

    Anyone I hand any of my lights to (what we would call amateurs :0) always go for the pointy or throwy lights no matter how much less lumens than flooders they put out, it's because of how we perceive light because our eyes only focus on the center of anywhere we look, We do have periferal vision but its never in focus.
    Even if you say you need optics to view at long distance for long reaching high lux lights, there is still no substitute for amount of lux reaching any surface we want to see even at 50-100 meters meaning it's better to have more lux (where we focus our sight/attention) and be able to turn it down than to not have enough lumens that you can't turn up - also flooders often give you flair/glare/bounce back from dust/fog/rain/polution/trees/buildings and such therefore tricking your eyes by dilating the pupils (even if it's just a bit) then as it seems darker we want more lumens to compensate, tho warmer tints can help with that a bit (hmm now we are getting into rods and cones, very technical!) but with throwers your eyes are relaxed/un-dilated so you can see futher with less lumens.
    Last edited by Glenn7; 07-25-2019 at 08:51 AM.

  19. #49
    Flashaholic* Glenn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia (the butt end of oz)
    Posts
    1,555

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    I actually think a random observer would be more wowed by an ultra long range light saber. Even my 220 lumen W30 impressed people way more than my 12K lumen D18
    Haha you just posted that before me you kind of hit the nail on the head

  20. #50

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Ultrafire probably nearly 10 years ago had lots of 5-18x led's that put out anywhere up to 20,000 lumens and had no heat issues because of mass and can be had for about $50
    Are you sure those can make 20,000 lumens? In reality, if you have a lumen sphere like many of us do nowadays (I bought the Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka calibration lights), most of these claims from cheap lights are many times higher than their real output. Their spec'ed output are completely meaningless. The 20,000 lumen claim may very well be 2,000 real lumens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Anyone I hand any of my lights to (what we would call amateurs :0) always go for the pointy or throwy lights no matter how much less lumens than flooders they put out, it's because of how we perceive light because our eyes only focus on the center of anywhere we look, We do have periferal vision but its never in focus.
    It depends on where and how you use your lights. Most of my friends prefer floody lights because they are contractors that use the light indoors. Also I use my flood lights more than throw lights because I take alot of indoor pictures. The throw lights are only useful for outdoor night time walks and hikes. Personally, I like both flood and throw. They have their different uses.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    After more than a few years wowing and zowing the crowd at the community center that I manage with my Vinh flooders and throwers, I have found that deploying flooder versus flooder for wow effect depends on the physical scene. For best "oooh/aaah" results from the spectators, deploy a thrower down a few blocks of the street, and then deploy a flooder in the parking lot.


    If I exhibit a flooder and thrower to one person first in the parking lot, he will be much more impressed with the flooder. Take the same person and the same two lights to the street, and he will then change his mind and be more impressed with the thrower.


    -------
    Normal people walk around with big dogs. They look normal. I walk around with big flashlights. My flashlights have bitten less people then Teds' dog.

  22. #52
    Flashaholic* Glenn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia (the butt end of oz)
    Posts
    1,555

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Are you sure those can make 20,000 lumens? In reality, if you have a lumen sphere like many of us do nowadays (I bought the Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka calibration lights), most of these claims from cheap lights are many times higher than their real output. Their spec'ed output are completely meaningless. The 20,000 lumen claim may very well be 2,000 real lumens. Well that's why I put a laughing imacon as a clause for 20,000 lumens, of course they aren't 20,000 but they do get to between 5-8,000 lumens easy, some people did bump them up higher - but my point was they have been around for ages and it didn't have to break the bank to have.

    It depends on where and how you use your lights. Most of my friends prefer floody lights because they are contractors that use the light indoors. Also I use my flood lights more than throw lights because I take alot of indoor pictures. The throw lights are only useful for outdoor night time walks and hikes. Personally, I like both flood and throw. They have their different uses.
    Yes different tools for different jobs.
    I have twice or more flood lights than throwers, my work colleges are out door at night people so they all mostly prefer throwers - I guess I was from my experience saying that it's the throwers that seem to make people go Wooh! and grab at my lights for a go (in my world that is) anyway the R90TS is a beast and maybe overkill for inside but probably good for warehouses. It's funny you have the same 2 lights I have with different spec's, a D18vn with W1 it puts out 11,000 lumens and 173Kcd that has a hybrid of great throw and smooth flood, I also have an Acebeam W30 that has 500 lumens and 1.5+ Klux but I can tell you outside the W30 makes people go for it every time. They think we are weird/obsessed with lights, but we know they are weird for not liking/understanding lights

  23. #53

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    So it kinda sounds to me like neither thrower or flooder is more impressive, it really depends on the environment you are using it in as to what WOW!s onlookers. Therefore, it seems logical to conclude that high output throwers are the best solution if you can only buy one and want to impress yourself/others for fun. (Unless you know for a fact youíll be using the light 90% of the time in one or the other environment (which for me personally, is balanced).

  24. #54

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    More will be revealed, in two more hours. I got my Imalent MS18 in the mail from Vinh a few hours ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Imalent R90TS. MS18. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  25. #55
    Flashaholic* Newlumen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,382

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    More will be revealed, in two more hours. I got my Imalent MS18 in the mail from Vinh a few hours ago.
    Congrats! Turn the night into day!

  26. #56

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Thanks! I just turned it on in the parking lot at the community meeting hall, where people are arriving for a 7:00pm meeting, and are used to high power lights, and gasps emerged from the crowd. Definitely a lot more light than 25,000 lumen X45.
    Imalent R90TS. MS18. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  27. #57
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    10,743

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    That's fantastic Rich! I'm so happy that you got this light. It makes it even better when you can share it with friends!

    Have fun tonight!

  28. #58

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Both MS18 and R90TS are very impressive by Imalent. I have handled quite a few and no issues yet. I predicted that they will be a big player the minute they get quality control down.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  29. #59

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Both MS18 and R90TS are very impressive by Imalent. I have handled quite a few and no issues yet. I predicted that they will be a big player the minute they get quality control down.
    I jumped on them as soon as Vinh said Go.

    The MS18 is over the top on small white room ceiling bounce in the eye overload department.

    Outdoors: Think wide field big giant hotspot. The whole wide area is the hotspot. Throw is not too shabby, either. I would like it if Imalent offered battery extension, a la Fenix.

    I lulled myself to sleep last night thinking what could be next in the Acebeam/Imalent heavy hitter competition.



    -------
    Normal people walk around with big dogs. They look normal. I walk around with big flashlights. My flashlights have bitten less people then Teds' dog.

  30. #60

    Default Re: Imalent R90TS King Of High Output Throwers?

    Boy would I love to experience an MS18 ceiling bounce in a small white room... a white bathroom or closet even.... most Iíve ever experienced in a room in my house was around 18k lumens total, including bulbs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •