Acebeam        

Thread: Acebeam W10 vs Weltool W3

Au Acebeam W10 vs Weltool W3

Trying to decide on a good long range thrower I can use to point out a flying quad or a waypoint in the woods. As I understand it the specs are very similar, W3 is slightly more expensive and can use a smaller body. W10 comes with filters I'll never use and a strike bezel I will forget and tsa will steal from me. Any major differences in performance of the two I am missing?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Acebeam W10 vs Weltool W3

I have all of the generally available LEP lights. W3 and W10 are similar in performance, with a slight edge in throw to w10 (but color differences could account for that).

I'd be fine with either if I was forced to keep only one, but given the choice I'd prefer the w3: better look/feel in my hands, short tube option gives a throw/size ratio that's untouchable.

Awesome, thank you. The A10 is about $50 cheaper. I would never use the short tube option of the W3. I will probably go for performance edge or at least the cheaper option for like performance. Feel in the hands is a little steep of a jump for $50.

Any other lights int hat size with similar or better specs I should also consider?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by chikendinner View Post
    Any other lights int hat size with similar or better specs I should also consider?
    None that I've seen - all the rest are much larger.

I ordered the weltool W3. I was about to order the acebeam but it looked too gimmicky and unrefined.

Let us know how it performs for you.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

w10 has more performance then the W3. It has a bigger battery and is rechargable via USB type c. To me the W10 is more refined also it's a decent amount cheaper . But the W3 looks great as well. However stock preformace falls below spec.
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd