NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Default Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

- Acebeam W30 are NOT created equal
    - Tested 3 Samples and Lumen range from 340-370 Stock But throw Range from 1.25Mcd - 1.7Mcd @ 30s

W30vn Sample 1: 500L, 1.5Mcd, Draw 4.75A @ Tail
    W30vn Sample 2: 540L, 2Mcd, Draw 4.6A @ Tail
    W30vn Sample 3: 570L, 2.6Mcd , Draw 4.75A @ Tail Clearly Brightest hot spot

All tested with fully charged Factory AB 5100mAh 21700
    I am sure it has to do with the Aspheric focus

Headache Headache
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-08-2019 at 01:30 AM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

I will recharge all 3 cells and retest once more in the morning. I am suppose to be working on E07vn but this project is so intriguing its robbing my time.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    W30vn Sample 3: 570L, 2.6Mcd
    If that sample retests at same and it's not already sold, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    If that sample retests at same and it's not already sold, I'll take it.
    It's a customer light.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I don`t want to cause more work for you but I have been wondering how it performs underwater?lol

OK no surprises. I retest this morning with 3 fresh charged cells and all the numbers are close to yesterday. Still 1.5Mcd, 2.0Mcd and 2.6Mcd.

The 2.6Mcd one is truly exceptional
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by scintillator View Post
    I don`t want to cause more work for you but I have been wondering how it performs underwater?lol
    I am sure its not a diving light but I can dunk it in water to check for sealing if you want.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Damn, what a variance. If only they would be taken apart to be individually tuned for focus. That's a very powerful laser under that layer of phosphor though so sounds dangerous.

Looks like it might be a good diving light.
    They say underwater 100 meters and I don`t know if that is beam distance underwater or what?

http://www.acebeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/W30/9.jpg
    Last edited by scintillator; 07-08-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: 👀

Quote Originally Posted by scintillator View Post
    Looks like it might be a good diving light.
    They say underwater 100 meters and I don`t know if that is beam distance underwater or what?

http://www.acebeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/W30/9.jpg
    I think it makes for a terrible diving light due to the very narrow beam. Any distance under 200 gives a hot spot too tight. Above that range I think it expand enough to make it useful. I am sure at much greater distance we can light up much larger area but will then need binoculars LOL
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

No clue why the front lens needs to be so THICK! I think a thinner UCL lens might improve throw a bit more?

Aspheric is plastic but seems to be of high quality and is very sharp

Not sure what the jagon vocab is but I will refer to this as the reflector for now. The center angle post/mirror reflect the blue laser onto the phosphorus surfaces to produce a white beam.

Laser on the right. Yellow phosphorus surface on the center. I did not remove the two screw shown to see if I can adjust the phosphorus placement and see if I can change focusing....Hmm......Should I? I need to get back to E07vn orders hahaha
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-08-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Seems as though the phosphor is separate from the laser. Laser looks like it can be unscrewed with a standard screwdriver or coin?

Continue with the W30vn E07 friends will understand.Sending you my W30 today in mail. I knew when I saw this light it was something spec Ial hope mine is 2Mcd.

I have an all cu e07 coming in today so I can wait on my second one. Just don't blind yourself with that laser.

Quote Originally Posted by luxxlightsaber View Post
    Continue with the W30vn E07 friends will understand.Sending you my W30 today in mail. I knew when I saw this light it was something spec Ial hope mine is 2Mcd.
    Actually they will slit my throat if I postpone working on the E07vn any longer LOL
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I might have an e07 in the works and I can wait no problem.

Is there a type of lens/cover that can diffuse the beam into a pleasant optic-like way to increase usability? I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but what if it were removable/interchangeable, or gave a new beam pattern while still maintaining epic throw? Especially in a Hi CRI version. Possibilities!!! Any ideas towards this direction?

Acebeam seemed to like the idea of an LEP zoomie, we'll see where that goes.

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Be careful! The blue laser exposed like that might emit uv light, and only the lens is being used for uv filtering.

No clue why the front lens needs to be so THICK! I think a thinner UCL lens might improve throw a bit more?
    The 100m rating is the depth the manufacturer guarantees the light will work. 100m is pretty good and probably the reason the front lens is so thick. 11kg preaaure on every cm2.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Be careful! The blue laser exposed like that might emit uv light, and only the lens is being used for uv filtering.
    It is difficult to find listed specifications for the laser excitation source on these. Seems like the W30 is reported at Class 2M and the W10 at Class 3B.

Special laser precautions would appear necessary indeed
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic

Shame such wild variance - makes any comparisons a bit moot. Probably due to combination of (minor) differences in output of LEP unit and focus/alignment differences for the primary lens. I would not expect astronomical instrument precision in a toy flashlight, but this kind of variance borders on unacceptable. I suppose so long as the worst meets specs of company, it's just lumen lotto.

I'd venture the 2.6mcd sample is slightly convergent and you see that visually and measured at a distance that happened to be advantageous to that convergence. On this flip side, if that is the cause, it will loose out at distance. I'd be curious to see these measured at 100m or so, but that's probably not practical for you. Agree. However just eye balling on distance objects several hundred meters away the 2.6Mcd is clearly brighter.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE LEP UNIT.

I don't see any reason to break one down w/r to modding, but seeing as you did, I hope you are wearing appropriate laser goggles at all times. The diodes used for excitation produce light that can be permanently damaging to your vision, whether an accidental specular reflection or even diffuse wall-bounce - the wavelengths can cause retinotoxic effects that are not immediately obvious. Yes Sir!!!
    PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE LEP UNIT.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-08-2019 at 01:06 PM.

- Acebeam W30 are NOT created equal
    - Tested 3 Samples and Lumen range from 340-370 Stock But throw Range from 1.25Mcd - 1.7Mcd @ 30s

W30vn Sample 1: 500L, 1.5Mcd, Draw 4.75A @ Tail
    W30vn Sample 2: 540L, 2Mcd, Draw 4.6A @ Tail
    W30vn Sample 3: 570L, 2.6Mcd , Draw 4.75A @ Tail Clearly Brightest hot spot

All tested with fully charged Factory AB 5100mAh 21700
    I am sure it has to do with the Aspheric focus

Headache Headache
    Wow those are insane numbers. How much are you selling them? I have one on order but might want to buy another one from you. The variance sucks big time but if you have any unit over 2.2MCD, that would be sweet enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Wow those are insane numbers. How much are you selling them? I have one on order but might want to buy another one from you. The variance sucks big time but if you have any unit over 2.2MCD, that would be sweet enough for me

They are on my store. I have a strong feeling most will hit 2+Mcd.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

How did I mis this post!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Do we need special glasses for using the w30? Is it actually a laser light? Will all w30vn have perfect beam/focus?

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Do we need special glasses for using the w30? Is it actually a laser light? Will all w30vn have perfect beam/focus?

All the beam look perfect. How focused they are for max throw is a bit of a gamble. No you don't need special glasses to use the W30. The light work by bouncing blue laser onto specific tinted to phosphorus produce a white light. You can see this in the post above with the internals.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

This technology is very exciting, and has a ton of potential in my opinion. I can only imagine where it will be 5-10 years from now! Something BLF GT size, with upscaled laser power would likely be a 10M candela beast, but the cost would likely be very high.

The large variations in specs is both annoying and exciting. I decided to buy a couple "W30vn LEP lottery tickets" myself, and may even send in my stock W30 for spec measurements and possible modification. We should start a W30vn spec thread where we can share and brag about our specs
    Last edited by AmericanDissent; 07-16-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    This technology is very exciting, and has a ton of potential in my opinion. I can only imagine where it will be 5-10 years from now! My main concern is that the FDA may step in and ruin the fun at some point. Agree

Something BLF GT size, with upscaled laser power would likely be a 10M candela beast, but the cost would likely be very high, and the potential for eye damage a very real concern. LOL Yup But I want one.

The large variations in specs is both annoying and exciting. I decided to buy a couple "W30vn LEP lottery tickets" myself, and may even send in my stock W30 for spec measurements and possible modification. We should start a W30vn spec thread where we can share and brag about our specs Good idea!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast