Jetbeam        
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Default Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Good work Vinh! Happy for the new owners!

Hi Vinh,

Have you tested the lumens/Candela of the Acebeam W30 with other batteries than
    the Acebeam 21700 protected batteries?

I have only used the Acebeam batteries, but would think IMR 21700 or 18650 high-discharge batteries could do better.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

Quote Originally Posted by star_c_star View Post
    Hi Vinh,

Have you tested the lumens/Candela of the Acebeam W30 with other batteries than
    the Acebeam 21700 protected batteries? Yes they are all right about the same.

I have only used the Acebeam batteries, but would think IMR 21700 or 18650 high-discharge batteries could do better.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Hi Vinh,

Another general question about the Acebeam W30vn.

Theoretically, could a Wavien collar increase the throw?
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

I know that you directed this to the expert but it did get me to thinking.

I suspect that it would depend on the emitting angle of the phosphor element. Since I've never seen a lens of any type over the phosphor, I'm guessing it emits light somewhat evenly at close to a 180°. If this is actually the case, it probably could work, theoretically. The obvious issue would be that the collar would be in the way of the laser, on it's way to the first reflecting element but if the collar had a hole or a slot, it seems like it might recycle some light back to the phosphor. It was my understanding that the Waviens were discontinued/unavailable. Maybe they're being made again?

Interesting thought, star.

Hi Vinh,

As long as such a light only has a single lens (no pre-collimator): yes, it could. A flat phosphor disc that is radiated by a blue laser emits the converted light with the same emition angle as that of a standard, domeless LED.

I have tried to explain the basics of how laser phosphor systems work here in a German thead (just use google translate).

Hi Vinh,

I dont think so.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I received my W30vn 2.0Mcd and 610L !! I measured 580L in the tube, 540L in the lightbox.

I've only used it for a couple of minutes so far but the throw... is just stupid out of this thing. The beam is even tighter than I anticipated. There's a powerline tower about 275 yards from my doorstep and it lights up the top of the tower to a ridiculous extent. Also, the beam color is waaay warmer than 6500K and in fact, it looks 4800-5000K. It was in a 6500K marked box but now I'm very curious if anyone else has a much warmer than expected beam. Come to think of it, mine was supposed to have a polished, HC bezel so hopefully I got the right light. haha.

Update on the beam tint. At closer ranges, I was being fooled by the warm corona caused by chromatic aberration through the aspheric. After shining it at further distances and checking the light by ceiling bounce, it's appears to be about 1000K cooler than initially observed. 5800-6000K range. I just wanted to correct my initial mistake so that I didn't throw anyone off.

Anybody else see this on Acebeams homepage?

Acebeam W30 Discontinuation Notice - http://www.acebeam.com/acebeam-w30-d...nuation-notice

Quote Originally Posted by Zunkted View Post
    Anybody else see this on Acebeams homepage?

Acebeam W30 Discontinuation Notice - http://www.acebeam.com/acebeam-w30-d...nuation-notice

AB rep told me of this discontinuation. Now its official. If you want a W30 or W30vn now is the time. They will run out VERY soon. I personally only have a few left in stock. Hong Kong ban imports of LEP lights too so I have folks in Hong Kong trying everything they can to get one hahah.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Everybody using those W30s in the protests, citizens and police alike.

I wonder if Acebeam has any future plans for LEP tech.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Everybody using those W30s in the protests, citizens and police alike.

I wonder if Acebeam has any future plans for LEP tech.
    I think the shortage with LEP emitters will be problem for not just AB.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I’m assuming the W10 will also be discontinued as well?

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I think the shortage with LEP emitters will be problem for not just AB.
    What is causing the shortage?

AB rep told me of this discontinuation. Now its official. If you want a W30 or W30vn now is the time. They will run out VERY soon. I personally only have a few left in stock. Hong Kong ban imports of LEP lights too so I have folks in Hong Kong trying everything they can to get one hahah.
    Do you have any 4000k or high CRI w30s left?

Quote Originally Posted by dmsoule View Post
    Do you have any 4000k or high CRI w30s left?
    I only stock 6500K.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Received my CW W30vn from Vinh yesterday and just tested it tonight. I measured fully charged output at 495 lumens at 2s. Vinh tested this at 2.45MCD. Man this thing is crazy. It is much more intense than my W30vn HI CRI that tested at 300 lumens and 1.3MCD when compared side by side. I measured the beam with a spectrometer.

At very center of hotspot:
    CCT: 32736K
    DUV: 0.0095
    Ra (CRI): 64.9
    R9: -69.7
    R12: 9.5
    Rf: Over
    Rg: Over

At corona:
    CCT: 3570K
    DUV: 0.0168
    Ra (CRI): 65.7
    R9: -48.0
    R12: 9.5
    Rf: 69
    Rg: 89

The beam looks like one little hotspot. However, within that little hotspot, there's major tint shift with a super CW nucleus to WW ring. The transition is gradual. However in actual use, it isn't very distractive and I can't really tell the center is that CW. From far away, it looks about CCT: 6500K. Color rendering for sure is not as good as LEDs flashlights though.

I put a green filter on mine and i like it!!

Flashaholic

I received my entry ticket into the W30 raffle last week.

i think I won!

Vinh tested it as 2.45mcp, 540 lumens, and a throw of 3,131 meters

very, very happy with this light, my new favorite!

just amazing throw on this!

thanks Vinh!

edit:

Looks like he has one left! “+2.5MCD”

https://skylumen.com/products/one-off-w30vn-extra
    Last edited by Icehole; 12-01-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Newest W30vn High is 2.74Mcd!!!!

Funny thing is the last one I have too. What a coincidence! All suppliers are out. I might get to keep this! ahha
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 12-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I think you should, you deserve it. That sample is 1million more than mine. How's that even possible haha
    Great work

Funny thing is the last one I have too. What a coincidence! All suppliers are out. I might get to keep this! ahha

The beam on this one is unusually tight.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

What would it take to get one to 3Mcd?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    What would it take to get one to 3Mcd?

Lots of balls and overboost. But its not worth it...
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Lots of balls and overboost. But its not worth it...
    How much would it cost to let those balls hang and boost to get it over the 3Mcd hump?

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    How much would it cost to let those balls hang and boost to get it over the 3Mcd hump?

At the moment Ebay is the only place for W30 at $289. So I guess it would hang at $289! And thats only if we are lucky to strike a GREAT sample so start with. HAHA
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Is there a type of lens/cover that can diffuse the beam into a pleasant optic-like way to increase usability? I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but what if it were removable/interchangeable, or gave a new beam pattern while still maintaining epic throw? Especially in a Hi CRI version. Possibilities!!! Any ideas towards this direction?
    I use an Olight green filter on mine, gives a little diffusion plus loads of pencil beam still

I've been thinking about doing something like this for about a year now and even experimented with a 34mm scope ring on a Catapult V6vn. It worked but the red dot that I had laying around was an older Tasco AccuDot in silver. It was as long as the V6vn and nearly as large but the proof of concept worked. After that I went to a 1" 25mm ring with a small section of Picatinny rail attached. I removed an Aimpoint Micro from a rifle and mounted it on the rail. It stuck up a little but enough to clear the T27's head to see over it.

Three perfect things came together for the W30, an ideal beam, 1/4" tripod adaptor built into the light, and a spare optic that was no longer needed on a firearm. The best part is that this optic is way smaller than any other extra optic that I have, which prompted me to finally figure out the pieces and mount it to the W30.

I'm sure people are wondering.... Why? Well, I've always been fascinated at the idea of flashlights for long distance signalling. Often, when I hike up local mountains, it's pretty common that I have line of sight to landmarks and people. One of the areas I hike has line of sight to my place of work, which is 7 miles away. Sometimes I'll call the team and say, "hey, look up at Three Peaks!" and I'll shine at their location, the best that I'm able to in broad daylight. They shout back through the phone and exclaim, "WE SEE YOU!!" Everyone gets a big laugh out of it and they shine mirrors back at me as well, while I watch through the binoculars. My record distance with picture confirmation is 14 miles, with a TN32UT although I've been in communication at 21 miles using the the T27. It was seen with the naked eye at that distance at 10:00am. The reason for the sight is to allow me to point the beam, even if I can't actually see the beam.

CatV6vn 7 miles

TN32UT 14 miles

In any case, I'm pretty confident that the W30 could be seen at 50+ miles in daylight, I just need to set it up and do it. Next week I'll be trying out this set-up at about 25 miles, just to get an idea of how bright it is.
    Last edited by Patriot; 12-06-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Unenlightened

Default Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Just received my second w30 and it has a diffuse white filter instead of the red one...I can now use it as a wide flood as well as being an amazing tight beam well chuffed... I haven’t seen this option shown I will try post pics when I learn how to lol

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast